Zowie AM jitter at 2300 DPI? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Zowie AM jitter at 2300 DPI?

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So I've been looking into the Zowie AM for quite sometime and with the release of the second batch of mice without the click issue I'm really looking forward to purchasing one. However, I've gotten some mixed reviews about the AM in regards to the 2300 DPI, some people say there's no jitter at all, and some say they experience some slight jitter. So I'm wondering if anyone has tested this thoroughly enough to say whether or not there is indeed any jitter at the 2300 DPI step.

edit: I also plan on using my current puretrak talent with it so if anyone can also comment on their experiences with both I'd greatly appreciate it smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dergless View Post

So I've been looking into the Zowie AM for quite sometime and with the release of the second batch of mice without the click issue I'm really looking forward to purchasing one. However, I've gotten some mixed reviews about the AM in regards to the 2300 DPI, some people say there's no jitter at all, and some say they experience some slight jitter. So I'm wondering if anyone has tested this thoroughly enough to say whether or not there is indeed any jitter at the 2300 DPI step.
edit: I also plan on using my current puretrak talent with it so if anyone can also comment on their experiences with both I'd greatly appreciate it smile.gif

Yeah that's what's also keeping me away from buying it right now. In combination with the right surface it should work jitter-free, but as my Icemat is giving troubles to a few optical mice I'm pretty sure that the AM will have its troubles there too.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 190 (Unique: 110)
Its surface dependent

a mousepad with different colours and patterns like the qck fnatic will give a lot more jitter than a pure black mousepad. I haven't tried it with a hardpad yet but I can imagine the jitter will be very low on that.

But honestly... do you really need 2300dpi? I can move all across the screen in a VERY VERY small movement with 2300dpi, windows sensivity 6/11 and 1920*1080p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 7)
Jitter at 2300DPI is very minor (I've used QcK+ Na'Vi) . It shouldn't be gamebraking really.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 190 (Unique: 110)
Here's the amount of jitter you can expect on a hayate. 500hz seem to be the MOST jitter free

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
They exchanged optimal tracking quality for lift off distance via "custom lens".

I suppose you cant have everything with a dated sensor architecture, but it's likely the best compromise for what hardcore gamers desire.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

In my opinion LOD on Zowie AM is too low. When you swipe your mouse really fast and it will go slightly above your mousepad in process it lt can loose tracking. Happened to me pretty often.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for the quick responses guys, @haiiyaa I use my DA 3g at 1800 DPI so I figured the 2300 DPI setting was closest in comparison. If I do decided to go with the AM, is it best to use it at the 450 DPI step instead? I'll most likely be using it with 1000hz as well.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

AM's max speeds are best on 450 and 2300 DPI. 1150 is also perfectly fine in my opinion so it is up to you which one you want to choose. I don't belive you gonna hit speeds high enough to make it malfunction even at 1150 which is supposed to be the weakest. Pick the one you feel is best for you and use it smile.gif
But think twice if the shape is good for you, I sold mine becouse of it.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yeah I didn't really think about that but now I realize I've only used 2 different mice (constantly) for gaming, the WMO and two DA 3g's, is the AM similar in shape/size to the WMO?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in