WMO only overclocking to 200hz on asus eee - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

WMO only overclocking to 200hz on asus eee

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I dug up an old WMO and decided to tweak it up for quake live. I turned off acceleration, did the "mousefix", and got my desired sensitivity set. Problem is it won't overclock past 200 hz with hidusbf. I'm on an asus eee netbook with XP and have tried overclocking all usb ports.. I tried the suggested replacement of the usbport.sys file with a custom one to "unlock" the ability to overclock further, and nothing. Needing to get my 500 hz to play quake live. Another thread hit on the fact that ps/2 ports only go up to 200 hz, but I am o/c'ing usb ports... Any takers?

On a side note, when I try to "flick" the mouse too fast, the pointer just sits there or goes all over the screen. Is this "neg acceleration?" Need to figure a way to fix that too. I'll probably just start a new thread for this issue. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
You need to post your system specs and os you are running it.
How old is your laptop?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Asus eee 1005HA

Windows XP Home SP 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 22)
The problem when you flick is just a crap mouse or crap surface, it's "spinning it's wheels"

Overclocking the usb ports is supposed to be easy in xp. Do you have a guide that you are following, because I remember all I had to do was replace the usbport.sys, and it worked. Have you checked with mouseratechecker?

Here's a guide and I don't know why it wouldn't work. http://forums.enemydown.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39579

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I am using hidusfb from http://fatal1ty.com/about/fatal1ty-configs/ to overclock the usb. It has the ability to o/c to 1000 hz, and w/o constant restarting. You just set it to w/e and click a button, and it goes to that speed immediately. I am using a program called dimr to display real time polling rate. It maxes out at 200hz avg if i set it high. Any o/c'ing below 200hz works fine. I feel it has something to do with the asus eee usb ports, but the mousefix was supposed to take care of any limitation caused by that. I'm pretty sure hidusbf is a reliable prog., as it is commonly used.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Searched all over for this issue, still nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

d/l'ed a hex editor and modified usbport.sys myself and saved it, No effect. I'm about to just buy another mouse, Hopefully the new mouse's polling rate will work right...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It was suggested that I reinstall the usb port drivers. I uninstalled/reinstalled everything under the usb controller tab. Still have the same problem.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have the same issue with a wmo mouse i just bought. I can't seem to get it higher than 125 hz.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in