Razer Deathadder 3.5G Mouse Wheel Problem - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Deathadder 3.5G Mouse Wheel Problem

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 61)
My Razer Deathadder 3.5G is having a strange mouse wheel problem. Whenever I scroll (whether up or down), it seems to have a mind of its own. When I scroll down, it's usually fine, but occasionally will skip a bit. Nothing bad. But when I scroll up, this is where the mouse thinks for itself. When I scroll up, the mouse will skip randomly, either down or up. It's prettying annoying, especially when i'm looking at threads on OCN. Also it's a nuisance in games, as I can't switch weapons properly. Does anyone else have a problem similar to this, whether a DA or something else?

What is signature?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 33)
Had the same issues with Black Edition. Encoder razer is using for the wheel is utter crap.

"It's all fun n games till someone looses an eye. Then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield, Metallica

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So you're saying it's a software/driver bug?

What is signature?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 97)
I don't think it's a driver issue, cause mine is absolutely fine. One QS though, are you using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It's hooked up to a usb 2.0 port. Asus gave me this usb add on bracket. Sorta looks like this: http://di1-4.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/6d/40/10/106580218-260x260-0-0_asus+asus+midi+game+port+header+2+port+usb+2+0+bra.jpg

It uses a front panel usb 2.0 plug. I'll test if a usb 3.0 port makes a difference.

What is signature?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipekill2445 View Post

I don't think it's a driver issue, cause mine is absolutely fine. One QS though, are you using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?

Whoa dude! Are you working magic or something? I just plugged my DA into the usb 3.0 port on the back of my mobo, and everything is fine! Well it skips a line or two here and there, but it's improved by 95%! Wow!

What is signature?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 97)
COOL! biggrin.gif

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 12:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osea23 View Post

So you're saying it's a software/driver bug?

How did you come to that?

The encoder (the mechanical thing that transmits the signal of up down wheel movement and makes those wheel detents) - that thing is going on your DA. You may think its fixed, but it will be back. The encoder in simply crap.

"It's all fun n games till someone looses an eye. Then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield, Metallica

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 286 (Unique: 244)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipekill2445 View Post

Whoa dude! Are you working magic or something? I just plugged my DA into the usb 3.0 port on the back of my mobo, and everything is fine! Well it skips a line or two here and there, but it's improved by 95%! Wow!

Yea, encoder is a physical piece that picks up on the spin of the wheel inside the mouse. I've used my DA for about 2 years, and it was about 1 year old when I bought it here on OCN, and it's started doing this recently.

My best solution? Change weapons with your number keys, and use page up and page down to scroll. tongue.gif

R.I.P. Syrillian - August 13, 2011
Amazing during your time here on earth, but your calling in heaven must be extraordinary.

About drbaltazar's translated posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat79 go_quote.gif

i like the!new GPU from AMD!this discovery( could mean !alot ! i like grapes!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:

My Razer Deathadder 3.5G is having a strange mouse wheel problem. Whenever I scroll (whether up or down), it seems to have a mind of its own. When I scroll down, it's usually fine, but occasionally will skip a bit. Nothing bad. But when I scroll up, this is where the mouse thinks for itself. When I scroll up, the mouse will skip randomly, either down or up. It's prettying annoying, especially when i'm looking at threads on OCN. Also it's a nuisance in games, as I can't switch weapons properly. Does anyone else have a problem similar to this, whether a DA or something else?

Hi,

I joined so I could help you with this, and help others who are having the same problem.

My Deathadder worked great when I first bought it. After many months of use, I noticed the scrolling had a mind of its own. When I go up, it would go down, when I go down, it would go up, and sometimes it would skip. Exactly the problem you're having. My left button on my mouse would also double click a lot of times. Very annoying. I fixed both problems.

I put some WD40 into the clicker, then wiped excess with a (cotton) Q-Tip. This removed the double clicking immediately.

For the crazy scrolling. All you need to do is get some strong tweezers and squeeze the part which the plastic scroll part inserts into. (On the left side) I suppose this is the sensor which picks up the scrolling. It's a mechanical problem. Over time it gets loose from all the scrolling. Squeeze it and it will perform as new. My mouse has not skipped a single time after doing this. You may need to do it a few times before enough pressure has been applied, but once you get it then you got it for good! (well, at least for another 6 months to a year)

I was debating whether or not I should throw mine in the trash and buy another brand. Doing these two tricks turned mine back into a brand new mouse. I think Razer should be embarrassed they have made such a great mouse that turns to junk so quickly. I saved mine, so hopefully you didn't throw yours out before you see this message.

I put some arrows on a pic to give you a better idea, below. thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in