Razer Synapse 2.0 software/mouse unusable if you dont have an internet connection or their servers are down... - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Synapse 2.0 software/mouse unusable if you dont have an internet connection or their servers are down...

Closed Thread

post #11 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 74 (Unique: 55)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 24)
Im sure the only reason they require a log in and be online to use a mouse is to data mine from their customers. There really should be a big outcry about this

post #13 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Razer is the worst POS company ever. After owning their Imperator and Naga, and briefly owning the blackwidow garbage, and having to deal with their 'support', I will never EVER use their products or recommend their overpriced cheaply made crap.

Forget the naga, get the Logitech G600. Its a better mouse, better built, better software, better ergonomics, better price, better layout, higher DPI. In every possible way measurable, an equivalent Logitech mouse will stomp over a Razer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Razer has been making gimmicky under-performing products with terrible build quality for ages, yet people keep buying it for reasons beyond my understanding.

I know people that periodically buy razer mice because they break so fast.

I mean... if it breaks in a few months of NORMAL use, why in the god's name would you go and buy ANOTHER same mouse.

I've bought razer products before, I've tested a lot of them and so far they haven't convinced me.

post #15 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 93 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post

Razer is the worst POS company ever. After owning their Imperator and Naga, and briefly owning the blackwidow garbage, and having to deal with their 'support', I will never EVER use their products or recommend their overpriced cheaply made crap.
Forget the naga, get the Logitech G600. Its a better mouse, better built, better software, better ergonomics, better price, better layout, higher DPI. In every possible way measurable, an equivalent Logitech mouse will stomp over a Razer.

I left Logitech because of setpoint. I have been happy with my deathadder(s) and Mamba. Logitech mice tend to hurt my hands on extended usage. But this is pretty much unacceptable.

post #16 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Not to mention the Deathadder feels weird and funky when not using native DPI steps... (even when they're 1/2, 1/4 of the native value).

Ya I have to use the archived drivers because I can't play half the games I play at anything higher than 900 dpi. This is my last razer product though because of Synapse.

post #17 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 738 (Unique: 566)
Mouse DRM..

Also, hello /v/!

post #18 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 06:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I will just throw my 2 cents in.

I recently bought a deathadder 3.5g mouse. I was told I would need the Synapse software to use my mouse, I thought ok must be how they do drivers now. Then I realised I needed an account, again no problem I thought. Then the problems started. I had mouse lag in which it would stutter and misbehave as well as the LED lights would flicker on the mouse. Looking around the internet I found it was a common complaint and could be fixed by updating the firmware I did that to no avail.

I then put in a support ticket to figure out what was going wrong with my mouse. A guy comes back with all these troubleshooting suggestions, having followed those and got no results I asked why do I need to use Synapse 2.0 is there no proper drivers any more and why do I need to use this bloatware software package. Low and behold on the next email some proper drivers turned up with a normal config utility and best of all no login or mouse problems.

The only thing I can suggest is to ask for proper drivers and ditch this synapse thing altogether. The Mice are good Mice its just the current driver platform is pure crap.

I have found more and more companies now doing this bloatware driver platform and it has to stop we do not need flashy gfx or cloud storage for a mouse driver let alone any driver. all we ask is for a driver that performs well and does what it says it will do.

No Tears Please It's A Waste Of Good Suffering.

post #19 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 06:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
And I was thinking about buying a naga. Not anymore I guess.

post #20 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma776 View Post

I will just throw my 2 cents in.
I recently bought a deathadder 3.5g mouse. I was told I would need the Synapse software to use my mouse, I thought ok must be how they do drivers now. Then I realised I needed an account, again no problem I thought. Then the problems started. I had mouse lag in which it would stutter and misbehave as well as the LED lights would flicker on the mouse. Looking around the internet I found it was a common complaint and could be fixed by updating the firmware I did that to no avail.
I then put in a support ticket to figure out what was going wrong with my mouse. A guy comes back with all these troubleshooting suggestions, having followed those and got no results I asked why do I need to use Synapse 2.0 is there no proper drivers any more and why do I need to use this bloatware software package. Low and behold on the next email some proper drivers turned up with a normal config utility and best of all no login or mouse problems.
The only thing I can suggest is to ask for proper drivers and ditch this synapse thing altogether. The Mice are good Mice its just the current driver platform is pure crap.
I have found more and more companies now doing this bloatware driver platform and it has to stop we do not need flashy gfx or cloud storage for a mouse driver let alone any driver. all we ask is for a driver that performs well and does what it says it will do.

Yup if razer did not have a diver archive on their sote inwould not have bought the da black ed

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in