Razer Synapse 2.0 software/mouse unusable if you dont have an internet connection or their servers are down... - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Synapse 2.0 software/mouse unusable if you dont have an internet connection or their servers are down...

post #41 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
i have the old Razer Naga drivers that don't require synapse, version 3.02. I could send it to you. I am able to config my mouse etc...I decided to keep it after i noticed this Synapse thingie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 62)
Same thing here, but with the DeathAdder 3.5G Black. They tried forcing me to run Synapse, but I just got the legacy drivers. The mouse woks fine and I have the Razer control panel to set/change/save profiles and settings.

You should give the old Naga drivers a test... I think the Naga 2012 is nothing but some "cosmetic" thing. The HW inside should be the same.
post #43 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 20)
Actually I think people have tried the legacy drivers with the 2012 version and they didn't work. If they do, it would probably be the last mouse they made that would support legacy drivers because the naga hex, Ouroboros and Taipan don't even have any legacy drivers. They were all made after synapse and have never had any other drivers. It'll be this way going forward (including the new deathadder 4g when it comes out) unless they change their minds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Seems like the only Razer product that isn't a victim of Synapse is the good old Abyssus.

Fractal Design Case Club
post #45 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by channelx99 View Post

My suspisions are confirmed. Synapse 2.0's only purpose is to spy on you:

“User Generated Information” means any information made available to Razer through your use of the Software. Subject to the Privacy Policy mentioned above, you expressly grant Razer the complete and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the User Generated Information and derivative works thereof in any form, anywhere, with or without attribution to you, and without any notice or compensation to you of any kind.
By using Razer Synapse 2.0 (“Synapse”), the Subscriber agrees that Razer may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information. Razer may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties. Razer shall not share personally identifiable information with other parties, except as described in the policy below.

The Synapse 2.0 software was not created to benefit customers in any way. It was a ploy to get into your computer and watch what you do and profit off this info.

Well that does make sense. They even removed the onboard memory on their newer mice.

post #46 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan View Post

Well that does make sense. They even removed the onboard memory on their newer mice.

False.

Rather just not viable for use.

post #47 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 47 (Unique: 41)
Eww.

I really didn't need another reason not to buy Razer again, but I guess now I've got one anyway.

post #48 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatsz32 View Post

i have the old Razer Naga drivers that don't require synapse, version 3.02. I could send it to you. I am able to config my mouse etc...I decided to keep it after i noticed this Synapse thingie

I tried but they dont work unfortunately. Says "specific mouse" not detected. Looks like the Naga 2012 was built specifically for Synapse 2.0 as will all future mice.

post #49 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duox View Post

Yup if razer did not have a diver archive on their sote inwould not have bought the da black ed

I was going to guess English was not your first language, then I thought of the possibility of you learning to be proficient in just one language. OCN Professional Initiative. Please read it.
post #50 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM

I was actually considering getting a naga for an mmo, but this whole synapse thing is a huge turn off
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in