The unspecific Mouse Thread - Page 253 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The unspecific Mouse Thread

post #2521 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
d2f-01f and d2f-f-3-7 have both given me an issue similar to double clicking. d2f-01f has it much more severely, but the post-travel can actuate extra clicks on my g303. d2f-f-3-7 has the normal plunger height and I still have it happen sometimes (not often). What other light switches are there that are worth looking into? kailh gm and huano are a little stiff for me :^(

Does the cherry dg4 stuff have the little "wiping" mechanic like the d2f stuff or is it more normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Clown cursor

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Disassemble D2F-01F and use D2FC's plungers.

PEKA
(20 items)
CPU
i7-6700K @ 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 120GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 525GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Power Supply
Chieftec APS-650C
Cooling
Corsair H105 + Noctua NF-F12
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black
Monitor
BenQ XL2411T
Keyboard
Vortex Poker II
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mouse
Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse
Mouse
Logitech G900
Mousepad
Artisan FX HIEN XL black
Audio
ASUS Xonar U7
Audio
Sennheiser HD 558
Audio
HyperX Cloud Core
Audio
iPod Classic
▲ hide details ▲
post #2523 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

d2f-f-3-7 uses that style of plunger and it also has this problem, just to a lesser degree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 333 (Unique: 238)
Any electrical connection switch will have unstable contact resistance. Doesn't matter what mechanical difference of a switch you're trying to dream up. An optical switch could be made somewhat immune.

Plus switch stiffness is alterable, all out of the box Omrons are stiff, then start to bounce in 12-18months = maintenance needed, spray them to clean the oxidized contact and push the pin in to soften them. Problem solved. Switches last over 10 years this way with maintenance every 2 years or so, less than a year for sure.

Click stiffness and feel has more to do with mouse button design than the switch itself. Unless of course you install some crazy stiff switches. Most of the commonly used in products Omrons are about the same stiffness.
post #2525 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

both switches for me started doing this very early. d2f-01f was the day of swapping to it, I noticed it with d2f-f-3-7 about a week into using

I don't think this is a durability issue
post #2526 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 333 (Unique: 238)
Then you have no debounce in hardware nor software/firmware if you're getting bouncing contact issues on brand new switches. Or they are some old stock that was sitting in who knows what conditions.
post #2527 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Then you have no debounce in hardware nor software/firmware if you're getting bouncing contact issues on brand new switches. Or they are some old stock that was sitting in who knows what conditions.
could be that second thing with the storage for sure, but it isn't the standard double click issue. I can actuate the switch normally, then move the switch up and down and register more clicks using only post-travel. It's a g303 so it has some debounce

-
-
-
--click
-
- ^
- | -can register extra clicks using only this distance, many seconds after the initial actuation
- V
post #2528 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
Anyone had any issues with new Logitech G Hub? Since LGS is now EOL, judging from last update, G Hub is a go to software if you want it. I'm mostly looking into it affecting the mouse when it's running local profiles instead of onboard ones. Apart from mice, G Hub seems to break function keys on G Pro keyboard.
post #2529 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 54 (Unique: 43)
Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Anyone had any issues with new Logitech G Hub? Since LGS is now EOL, judging from last update, G Hub is a go to software if you want it. I'm mostly looking into it affecting the mouse when it's running local profiles instead of onboard ones. Apart from mice, G Hub seems to break function keys on G Pro keyboard.
For GHub, I had issues with onboard memory until I reapplied a duplicate local profile to memory. No other issues so far.

I find LGS to be more intuitive as well.
post #2530 of 2530 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
It sure does take 4 times more ram than LGS for something I wouldn't need. Too bad it can't properly write rbg config into G Pro kb memory. Damn thing keeps defaulting G logo and game mode button to default light blue on power loss.

Gonna keep it for few days then probably just remove it. Not sure I even need it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in