Logitech G602 - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
View Poll Results: Would you buy this mouse?
Yes 6 24.00%
No 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Logitech G602

post #51 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

For me; 1000hz is perceivably smoother, circular motion is visually less rough.

In terms of gaming, I can feel when I hit that 500hz wall and depending on hardware, it may be easier or less perceivable when factoring total input latency. Difference can be rather large under the right circumstances.
I see. So it raises the question, why go for 500hz instead of 1000hz with the G602? Even if the difference is tiny, at least there should be an option to switch between 500 & 1000. It's a bit of a shame, because otherwise it looks like an incredibly good mouse.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 69 (Unique: 47)
It was a design decision oriented around battery life. Additionally, keep in mind the vast majority of gamers are not as sensitive to mouse framerate as Skylit is. As a point of reference, the MX518 has a 125 Hz report rate, and many many people tell me repeatedly that it is their favorite gaming mouse ever. And the G500 and G700 run at 500Hz out of the box.

Portfolio manager for Logitech G. I am not permitted to discuss future product plans.
post #53 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
Yeah, I have a somewhat unique play style. I feel I benefit from more fluctuation of frames, granted theres nothing wrong with 500, 333, 250, 200, 125, 100 or any other USB value if you prefer it.

I actually used to use 125hz on an old setup due to response feel being really bad with 500 or 1000hz polling.

Monitor with a signal refresh of 8ms, but input latency 2x higher. Fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPate View Post

It was a design decision oriented around battery life. Additionally, keep in mind the vast majority of gamers are not as sensitive to mouse framerate as Skylit is. As a point of reference, the MX518 has a 125 Hz report rate, and many many people tell me repeatedly that it is their favorite gaming mouse ever. And the G500 and G700 run at 500Hz out of the box.
I see, thank you for your response. smile.gif

Would be an instant buy if there was a wired version, but I'll definitely consider buying it. Also, I just now found that the G600 has a version that has flashable firmware, which (I assume) addresses the input lag issue. Is there any way to tell which version I am buying, some serial to look at perhaps? If yes, and the input delay has been fixed - then my mouse hunt is finally over.

post #55 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 69 (Unique: 47)
G600s in the new style packaging (black with X-ray imagery on the front) should all be new firmware. If you manage to get an old firmware version, contacting Support will help make it right for you.

Portfolio manager for Logitech G. I am not permitted to discuss future product plans.
post #56 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 10:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 20)
I have to say, after using this mouse for a few days, the "feel" of the materials and build quality are top notch. I know some folks don't like wireless mice, I would include myself in that group as well, but this thing is rock solid. I like it much more than the g700/s which I felt was a good mouse as well but had several shortcomings, namely the battery life and the sensor placement. The 602 has neither of these issues. The 602 along with the 710+ are two absolutely fantastic pieces of hardware from Logitiech. It's good to see the new products being well engineered. Great job.
post #57 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 46)
Got this mouse. I rock a japanese omron-modified zowie FK at home but for my work laptop, I needed a wireless mouse for convenience reasons. I was using the apple magic mouse it was getting really annoying to me as it simulated what my trackpad already did but worse.. This G602 is great. Keep in mind folks that I think logitech took a big risk sticking in an optical sensor in an expensive mouse. There are millions of brainwashed people out there that think higher DPI = Better. I enjoy it for what it is, a good 1:1 tracking mouse that has good buttons for gaming and productivity purposes. It's a keeper to me.

Everybody Lies.
post #58 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Outside your bedroom window.... You gunna finish that milk?
Rep: 178 (Unique: 135)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

Got this mouse. I rock a japanese omron-modified zowie FK at home but for my work laptop, I needed a wireless mouse for convenience reasons. I was using the apple magic mouse it was getting really annoying to me as it simulated what my trackpad already did but worse.. This G602 is great. Keep in mind folks that I think logitech took a big risk sticking in an optical sensor in an expensive mouse. There are millions of brainwashed people out there that think higher DPI = Better. I enjoy it for what it is, a good 1:1 tracking mouse that has good buttons for gaming and productivity purposes. It's a keeper to me.
Ok, I use a Cyborg MMO7 at 3400-4200DPI for gaming with windows sensitivity set to 6. Would you recommend me getting the G602? If so how would I set it up so I can have it feel the same (sensitivity wise) for my needs?
post #59 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
How about that... Logitech is making mouse pads now. I really need to keep up with this stuff again. I would buy the G240 to try it out and if I don't like it I can always give it to someone in the family considering that it's pretty cheap (though it would be better at $12 -15). I would like to see Logitech put out a large hybrid mouse mat like the Steel Series 5L or the Razer Megasoma 2 in the near future.

The G602 looks a little juvenile and sensor may be meh but gotta love that wireless nano plug. I have one for my Logitech Marathon mouse and it keeps things nice and neat on both desktop and laptops and has good range too.
post #60 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
I love the G602 to fill a specific role....can't stand an entire numb pad on the side so this is the perfect MMO/MOBA/RTS mouse for me.
Using the g700s(I only use it as a wired mouse data over cable) for FPS games because outside of the Roccat Kone XTD nothing can compare for me at least.
Wireless Xbox Controller for console ports.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in