Mouse/Mouse Pad Sensitivity Problem - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mouse/Mouse Pad Sensitivity Problem

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So I have a Steelseries Qck mouse pad/a mediocre Logitech mouse that I grabbed from Best Buy about a year ago and I have just recently gotten into CS:GO. The other day I found a good sensitivity in-game (1.3) and measured out my cm/360 as most people do (One full 360 from one side of the mouse pad to the other). My problem is.. every couple days or so that go by after cleaning my mouse pad, my cm/360 completely changes and I'm forced to bump my in-game sensitivity up by a whole .5 or so to keep the same 360 speed.. Basically, I'm forced to keep re-checking and bumping my sensitivity up due to my mouse pad re-dirtying as the days goes by. (1.3-1.35-1.4-etc.) Every time I re-clean my mouse pad, my cm/360 sensitivity comes out perfectly at 1.3 again.. As I obviously am not going to wash my mouse pad every morning before I play games, how do I go about fixing this problem? Is it my crappy mouse that's causing this to happen due to it's low quality laser? (Logitech m510) Or should I pick up a different mouse pad, maybe one that isn't cloth? I'm extremely confused as to how a couple days of using my mouse pad can affect my sensitivity soo badly and it's incredibly hard to build muscle memory when my sensitivity is constantly lowering.. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
Do you use acceleration like "enhance pointer precision" in Windows mouse settings?

Or the 510 software?

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Nah. My first guess was some kind of hidden acceleration in my mouse/windows, but after downloading the acceleration fix and doing some pretty in-depth testing, I concluded that acceleration wasn't the problem :s As of now I'm suspecting that my mouse's already crappy sensor is degrading and the slight build-up of grime/dirt on the pad is making a bigger difference than it should because of it. All I know for sure is that when I wash my pad, my cm/360 comes out the same every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Well, it's a good opportunity to ditch your current mouse and upgrade along with the pad. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance but that is the weirdest problem ever or you live in industrial China.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yeah.. My mouse is to the point where it won't even pick anything up when using a plastic-top mouse pad, so I wouldn't doubt the mouse being at fault. I'm thinking about picking up an optical mouse, but I'm a little worried about the lift off distance coming from a laser. I use a pretty low sensitivity and am constantly lifting my mouse to make turns.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Zowie ec2 Evo. Problem solved.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hmmm, looks pretty sexy. I use a claw grip and my hands are relatively small though. Worried it might be a tad bit too big for my grip, but I'll look into it, thanks!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hard to find a smaller scale low LOD ambi mouse.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
CS:GO have acceleration activated from install. Sure you got rid of it? Or else put this in console, m_customaccel 0.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Doesn't necessarily need to be ambidextrous. I've actually found myself not liking most ambi mice because of right side buttons/shape in the past. I've been looking at the CM Storm Spawn on the optical side. With it's new firmware it has a liftoff distance of only about 1mm. If I go with laser, I've been thinking about the Roccat Kone Pure. Any thoughts on these 2 mice? Also, I've already turned off and tried the command David, but thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in