EpicGear Cyclops - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

EpicGear Cyclops

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 27 (Unique: 19)
Mine has arrived. I'm at work now and won't be able to plug it in until this evening when I'll try to give some first impressions (possibly followed by a proper review when I've been using it a bit longer).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 31)
Any news on this mice?

post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 03:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Yea I also want some infos about it it. Especially the Grip. I'm a bit of an Palm/Claw-Hybrid leaning more towards Claw recently so I'd like to seem some pictures and hear some infos as to how it performans overall.

Ehdit says:

http://youtu.be/b7iCW-ulwS8?t=17s

Ehdat says:

They look a quite bit to wide for my taste / hands frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyourimage View Post

Yea I also want some infos about it it. Especially the Grip. I'm a bit of an Palm/Claw-Hybrid leaning more towards Claw recently so I'd like to seem some pictures and hear some infos as to how it performans overall.

Ehdit says:

http://youtu.be/b7iCW-ulwS8?t=17s

Ehdat says:

They look a quite bit to wide for my taste / hands frown.gif

Epicgear seems to be phasing this mouse out in favor of meduza(dual sensor version )

If you want it get one while you can.

The grip is nice though, but no data on tracking stability or latecy
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 27 (Unique: 19)
From memory (I didn't do any extensive testing with the mouse) this was my opinion in case it's still helpful. The sensor felt like a typical implementation of the 3090: it had it had good perfect control speeds and malfunction speeds, but suffered from a high lift of distance and (this is personal) I felt that there was quite heavy smoothing which manifested itself in slight delay and imprecision. I don't think this was any better or worse than the other 3090 mice that I've used so if you like others then you should also be fine with the Cyclops.

For me, the real deal breakers were the mouse buttons which were very slow and mushy. I seem to remember that the switches were Omrons so I doubt that was the cause. More likely it was something to do with the design of the shell.

If you like this mouse shape then I would suggest the CM Storm Spawn or Xornet instead.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Tried this mouse. Was extremly comfortable and the build quality felt excellent. The mouse i got seemed to have a bugged sensor though, so i had to return it. Gonna be intresting to see what EpicGear can bring in the future.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
Tried this two, oh boy 2 years passed in this thread, lol! But this is a very welcome one to my collection and future mice museum. I love the 3090 in this mouse, don't even think about 3310 or 3366 yet, becauses those stable awp shots are giving such a handgasm and eyegasm, i can't even.. I don't grip right side awkwardly in any situation like i do with g502 or g303, g402 would get A+ in this department too, i don't sense any high LOD here, grip and go, comfortable, light, good clicks, cable could have been rubberized, but i'm very happy, in q3 and csgo i feel like i didn't level down! This stable hand awp shooting though.. better than g402.. which i called best mouse for awping myself before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufasas go_quote.gif

best mouse for awping myself
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
The Cyclops shape is very nice. The buttons on mine is terrible tho, and it's to heavy.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daav1d View Post

The Cyclops shape is very nice. The buttons on mine is terrible tho, and it's to heavy.

can't say, the curves on the right side helps me grip it that way so it's very easy to pick it up quick. this is like an optical sensor transfered in razer imperator which was glitching a lot, and i got kicked from some quake3 servers for it's sensor xd but got a nicer right side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufasas go_quote.gif

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:15 PM
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~

Rep: 157 (Unique: 67)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufasas View Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in