MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

MIONIX AVIOR 7000 First Impressions/Review

post #11 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyjames View Post

Not sure how to explain it... like the feet are rubbing up against some of the grain of the pad that has come up? You can actually hear it, sounds like hitting a rough spot on the pad where some of the texture is loosening. It makes a scratching noise. It might be dust, too. I've tried cleaning the pad both by washing and even pulled out the vacuum to see if I couldn't get some of the dust off, but didn't make much of a difference.

As far as this input lag/smoothing business... I will say initially I felt like it was a HAIR less responsive than my Savu but it was so minor as to possibly be placebo. Now, I don't perceive any input lag. I imagine the Avior will feel identical in terms of sensor performance when it shows up later.

Interesting. I can see that issue with the Hein, as it's a touch rougher, but my Hayate is pretty smooth. It is new, though. Maybe some wear in will cause this to happen to me as well.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
― Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
It just sounds like a snag, like if you were running the mouse over a part of the mouse pad with some fine threads sticking up or something? I love the pad, though. I just bought the Destructor 2 and the Corsair MM400 and it's not even close.
post #13 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 214 (Unique: 140)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyjames View Post

What mouse pad are you using metal and what are your thoughts on it with the Avior 7000? I've got the Naos 7000 here with the Artisan Hayate and they are great together (feels fantastic, 10/10 on the surface analyzer), but I get these little snags sometimes that annoy me and I want something a little bigger. I have the Avior 7000 coming later today and am hoping it's a better fit for my grip style (basically finger-tip).

It works great with both my Goliathus Alpha Control Edition (2nd get, anti-fray, fragged logo) and my QcK Heavy. Tracks as well as any 3310 on these surfaces with a nice low LOD and 5.3-5.4 m/s, confirmed with Enotus. Good stuff.

The DPI up button, when spammed, still locks the mouse. I am in touch with the company right now and tomorrow they should be sending me a beta firmware to correct it.

Origin: Term1nalFury
Steam: xhxc57x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Glad I saw this post. Been actually eyeing this mouse out for a while to replace my legendary MX518. Now that it's finally hit the dust, I'll likely be purchasing later this week. Hopefully it works well with my QcK mousepad as well. I'll chime in and give my two cents whenever I receive it and put to use in-game.
post #15 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 71)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVes View Post

Glad I saw this post. Been actually eyeing this mouse out for a while to replace my legendary MX518. Now that it's finally hit the dust, I'll likely be purchasing later this week. Hopefully it works well with my QcK mousepad as well. I'll chime in and give my two cents whenever I receive it and put to use in-game.

If it doesn't suit you, you might want to wait until Roccat releases their Kone XTD optical mouse sometime in Q2-Q3 of this year, which has the same sensor as the naos 7000. The Kone's shape is kinda similar to the MX518/G400.

Quote:
The human nose can't even touch beyond 60dB, what would you need 50000 FPS for?
post #16 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
What's the weight like in this mouse? looks about the same size as my Zowie FK/AM, can't imagine it to be much heavier. I like light mice and I think the kinzu would be my all time favourite in terms of shell/weight/size
post #17 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

If it doesn't suit you, you might want to wait until Roccat releases their Kone XTD optical mouse sometime in Q2-Q3 of this year, which has the same sensor as the naos 7000. The Kone's shape is kinda similar to the MX518/G400.

Yeah, some of the Roccat mouses definitely piqued my interest. Will definitely keep an eye on that, thanks.
post #18 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 31)
Would be interesting to compare this one with the Steelseries Rival.

They do have the same sensor but I'm about to change to the Mionix because the software offers a lot more that the sensor is capable of.

I already contacted the Steelseries Support when I can expect them to add all the features like mionix already has. Since now no reply.

If this mouse is better than the Rival I think I'll change.
post #19 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0dy View Post

Would be interesting to compare this one with the Steelseries Rival.

They do have the same sensor but I'm about to change to the Mionix because the software offers a lot more that the sensor is capable of.

I already contacted the Steelseries Support when I can expect them to add all the features like mionix already has. Since now no reply.

If this mouse is better than the Rival I think I'll change.

I'll be able to speak on this after tonight when I receive my Avior. I'm currently using a Rival, and love it. I'm just a sucker for new and ambi mice.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
― Terry Pratchett, Jingo
post #20 of 1929 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVes View Post

Just curious why you're looking at the Avior and not the G400? I'd love to use my G400, but I just can't get used to the shape. The sensor is brilliant, but the lip on the right side just doesn't fit my grip style at all.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in