Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse review - by Ino - Page 17 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse review - by Ino

post #161 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 04:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 474 (Unique: 320)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAGGARD View Post

Care to point me towards those replies? Scanning through his posts, there is nothing that specifically explains that. Sorry if I am missing something.

You are not missing anything, I think. You want something that at least gives a hint about how the algorithm that decides that the sensor is failing is working, right? I didn't see that posted anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 69 (Unique: 47)
There are limits to what I can share.

Portfolio manager for Logitech G. I am not permitted to discuss future product plans.
post #163 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvons View Post

Are you gonna get the G402?
I'm considering trying it, but
1. The shape looks even more narrow than the g502 which was already too narrow.
2. The 3366 sensor is reported to have the same "0 smoothing" yet it has the same inaccuracy feeling like most other new mice do (maybe just slightly less). So if it's not better than the 3366 then it seems like a waste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

@MaximilianKohler
I find that statement hard to believe. I cannot see the technical capabilities of a 3366 resulting in less accuracy than a MLT-04. It could be a few bugs with the coding of the G502 considering all the unnecessary features (they did have a firmware update recently). When it comes to the sensor itself, it should be extremely consistent.
Do you have a 9000fps MLT04 mouse? Have you compared the two mice, and if so, in which game(s)?

In CS 1.6 there is quite an obvious difference between them. As there is with the vast majority of gaming mice vs the MLT04 mice.

I'm not a mouse/sensor engineer so I have no idea what's causing it, but it's certainly there. It feels like the cursor/crosshair just moves in the general direction of where you want it rather than the precise pixel. Like it's glossing over pixels like it's on ice or something. The description "smoothing" seems appropriate even though the 3366 is said to have 0 smoothing.

High level competitive gamer (CS 1.6).
In my opinion any "gaming" mouse pad over $10 is a rip off unless you want to spend money on pure aesthetics. The $8 Supermat is better and cheaper than any "gaming" mousepad I've used. Zeus Gear XL is a good alternative.

I will not answer PMs that could/should be asked in threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter
Mouse reviewer

Rep: 405 (Unique: 238)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

In CS 1.6 there is quite an obvious difference between them. As there is with the vast majority of gaming mice vs the MLT04 mice.

I'm not a mouse/sensor engineer so I have no idea what's causing it, but it's certainly there. It feels like the cursor/crosshair just moves in the general direction of where you want it rather than the precise pixel. Like it's glossing over pixels like it's on ice or something. The description "smoothing" seems appropriate even though the 3366 is said to have 0 smoothing.

I think you will never like anything else other than the MLT04.
The 3366 is better, you just prefer the feeling of the MLT04. And that will never come back. But I think you don't want to accept that it is just the feeling of the MLT04 that you like and not some "advantage" it has. It might be an advantage for you, but not in general.
post #165 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

I think you will never like anything else other than the MLT04.
The 3366 is better, you just prefer the feeling of the MLT04. And that will never come back. But I think you don't want to accept that it is just the feeling of the MLT04 that you like and not some "advantage" it has. It might be an advantage for you, but not in general.

youtube.com/user/Ramla777
Ramla777 posted a comment
1 year ago(today is dec 26 2012)
Currently I use the abyssus. I only use the wmo when I play 1.6. It just feels so much more accurate in that game. I use the abyssus for every other game. CS:S Quake COD SC2

It's not only me Ino. It's common knowledge in the competitive FPS gaming community (CS and quake). It is absolutely an advantage. Many users on these forums have agreed both in comments and PMs to me. You will see it talked about in places like esreality.com as well.

It's pretty obvious that mice/sensor manufacturers are doing something to their mice that results in inferior tracking compared to the 400dpi 9000fps MLT04 mice.

In my opinion any "gaming" mouse pad over $10 is a rip off unless you want to spend money on pure aesthetics. The $8 Supermat is better and cheaper than any "gaming" mousepad I've used. Zeus Gear XL is a good alternative.

post #166 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
Mouse reviewer

Rep: 405 (Unique: 238)
Quote:

Currently I use the abyssus. I only use the wmo when I play 1.6. It just feels so much more accurate in that game. I use the abyssus for every other game. CS:S Quake COD SC2

It's not only me Ino. It's common knowledge in the competitive FPS gaming community (CS and quake). It is absolutely an advantage. Many users on these forums have agreed both in comments and PMs to me. You will see it talked about in places like esreality.com as well.

It's pretty obvious that mice/sensor manufacturers are doing something to their mice that results in inferior tracking compared to the 400dpi 9000fps MLT04 mice.

I'm not going to re-iterate this again, I don't mind you (and lots of others) liking that feeling. It's just not "better" in terms of accuracy.
Feeling of the cursor has a huge impact on how much someone likes a mouse. Especially in games with very little processing altering the cursor feel.
post #167 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

@CPate
Let's say there is a mouse pad coated with granular glass particles (Artisan Shiden-Kai). Sensors that use a LED as the light source have accuracy issues at moderate speeds (1.5-2.5m/s) on this type of surface. Being that the AM010 is using a LED it would most likely have the same issues tracking on this surface. So what happens when the G402's sensor starts to lose tracking quality at 1.5m/s? Does the accelerometer start to take over at 1.5m/s on this more difficult surface or is the accelerometer only setup to work at the maximum accuracy threshold?

I'd like to know this, too.
I am also a Shiden-Kai owner that is waiting for a mouse capable of dealing with this particular surface.

post #168 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

I'm not going to re-iterate this again, I don't mind you (and lots of others) liking that feeling. It's just not "better" in terms of accuracy.
Feeling of the cursor has a huge impact on how much someone likes a mouse. Especially in games with very little processing altering the cursor feel.
Feeling of the cursor? If two different mice have different "feeling of the cursor" then there is clearly a tangible difference that's causing that. You could absolutely say one is objectively worse. Especially if you could find out what's causing that difference.

If it is due to some delay like input lag (just an example) then it will feel inaccurate in FPS games where you move and click very fast, because if the mouse hasn't updated fast enough that you clicked in the right spot then it will cause you to "miss". Thereby feeling inaccurate in comparison to another mouse that updates faster. So ultimately I'm not arguing that there is a specific measurement that shows "accuracy" for which the MLT04 is better at, but that something in most other mice is causing them to feel more inaccurate in FPS games (especially well coded ones).

Also, you haven't tested an MLT04 mouse yet right? Last I heard from you you didn't want to spend the money on something you didn't think you'd use. So you're being very assertive over something you haven't even tested yourself...

post #169 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
@dontspamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPate View Post

There are limits to what I can share.

Only way you can find out that important information is to test the mouse yourself. I have no intention of buying a Logitech mouse. Maybe I can borrow one...

@MaximilianKohler
I haven't used an WMO/Intellimouse since my early competitive CS days (used WMO/Intellimouse from about 1999-2003). After that I used the Diamondback for my last years of competitive gaming (CAL/ESEA or whatever it was back then). Then went on to use DeathAdder and Zowie mice for general/casual gaming.
post #170 of 1533 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

Agree.

I have this :

CM Spawn
Steelseries Rival
Deathadder 2013
Logitech G400s
wmo 3.0
mionix naos 7000
Zowie FK

And the 3.0 are the most accurate mouse i have tried.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in