USB polling precision - Page 104 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

USB polling precision

post #1031 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Can someone give insight on Bcdedit /set Tscsyncpolicy Default/Legacy/Enhanced?

Btw, just to give you some testing ideas. don't reinstall windows if you want to see a problem, especially if it doesn't happen in games, use the Windows To Go. if the problem happens in the OS it will keep happening without you losing all data and you could continue everything instead of seeing the issue the same right after. Also, you can always do In-Place install that will do the same as fresh install without removing anything.

RIGWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU :AMD 1950X @ 3.7 Ghz 1.280
MOBO : Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)
RAM : G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GBx4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
GPU :INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Sound Card For 5.1 Speakers : Asus Strix RAID DLX
Network Card : SolareFlare SFN6122F SFP+ 10Gbit Dual Port PCIEx4
PSU : ThermalTake 850Watt ToughPower
STORAGE
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb OS
WD Gold 6TB DataCenter 7200 128MB DATA/GAMEZ
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 7200 128MB (ST5000NM0024) DATA/GAMEZ
Samsung x2 1TB 7200 RAID0 GAMEZ
Segate 3TB Backup+ Desktop USB External BACKUP

GEAR and Sound
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TV : LG OLED55C6 TV
Mouse : Logitech G502
Mouse Pad : SteelSeries I-2 Black
Keyboard : Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE
GamePad : Xbox Elite Controller + Xbox Wireless Adapter
Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT990 600 Ohms
A...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1032 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 168 (Unique: 109)
I just assembled my new build. I had been using a board that didn't let you disable HPET for a while and the new one allows me to disable it (Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe ITX) so I can do a good comparison here. The1freeman claims having HPET on is good for TSC to sync with, but whether good in technobabble terms or not, the real world effect of having HPET off is that with all other mouse settings being equal, it makes you more likely to undershoot than overshoot.

In other words, it gives you cursor movement more similar to the infamous MLT04 where you flick it and the cursor just kinda hits up against a wall at the end and stops due to having a low max speed. Even if this effect was detrimental from a technobabble perspective, in the REAL WORLD, it's beneficial to my aim and is almost like having a cheat engine enabled because you just can't overshoot no matter how hard you try. And it's much easier to hit targets with flicks if you have MLT04-style cursor movement and can't overshoot. It also feels like it adds more granularity to fine movements from removing the higher overhead HPET noise floor from the system.

Also:

Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
update on new build:

Get more responsive mouse movement using 1333 mhz and lower timings than 1600 mhz. If you have Samsung 'miracle' ram and can do 7-8-7-24 at 1600mhz then you probably don't need to though. This is one reason I haven't bothered screwing with any DDR4 boards. Scared doubling the CAS latency will feel terrible.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #1033 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
I just assembled my new build. I had been using a board that didn't let you disable HPET for a while and the new one allows me to disable it (Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe ITX) so I can do a good comparison here. The1freeman claims having HPET on is good for TSC to sync with, but whether good in technobabble terms or not, the real world effect of having HPET off is that with all other mouse settings being equal, it makes you more likely to undershoot than overshoot.

In other words, it gives you cursor movement more similar to the infamous MLT04 where you flick it and the cursor just kinda hits up against a wall at the end and stops due to having a low max speed. Even if this effect was detrimental from a technobabble perspective, in the REAL WORLD, it's beneficial to my aim and is almost like having a cheat engine enabled because you just can't overshoot no matter how hard you try. And it's much easier to hit targets with flicks if you have MLT04-style cursor movement and can't overshoot. It also feels like it adds more granularity to fine movements from removing the higher overhead HPET noise floor from the system.

Also:

so the Hpet off in bios gives the better mouse stop?
f33tp or his name on YouTube channel and someone else made tests. look here about hpet off on bios.

https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/GamingT...ment-586493606

last words he says not to change anything in windows.

RIGWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU :AMD 1950X @ 3.7 Ghz 1.280
MOBO : Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)
RAM : G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GBx4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
GPU :INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Sound Card For 5.1 Speakers : Asus Strix RAID DLX
Network Card : SolareFlare SFN6122F SFP+ 10Gbit Dual Port PCIEx4
PSU : ThermalTake 850Watt ToughPower
STORAGE
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb OS
WD Gold 6TB DataCenter 7200 128MB DATA/GAMEZ
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 7200 128MB (ST5000NM0024) DATA/GAMEZ
Samsung x2 1TB 7200 RAID0 GAMEZ
Segate 3TB Backup+ Desktop USB External BACKUP

GEAR and Sound
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TV : LG OLED55C6 TV
Mouse : Logitech G502
Mouse Pad : SteelSeries I-2 Black
Keyboard : Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE
GamePad : Xbox Elite Controller + Xbox Wireless Adapter
Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT990 600 Ohms
A...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1034 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:56 PM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 53 (Unique: 45)
Please waste 2 minutes of your life to do a mousetester graph and latencymon test, just for kicks

-.-
(14 items)
CPU
3700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
RAM
G.skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
SX8200 Pro 1TB +30 TB Spinning Rust
Power Supply
Seasonic SSR-1000TR
Cooling
Dark Rock 4 Pro
Case
Fractal R6 (Dont buy, terrible HDD trays)
Operating System
Win 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Viewsonic VX2268wm
Keyboard
SteelKeys 6G
Mouse
Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
QcK Heavy/Artisan Zero XL FX
Audio
Craptive AE-5
▲ hide details ▲
post #1035 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
Can someone give insight on Bcdedit /set Tscsyncpolicy Default/Legacy/Enhanced?

Btw, just to give you some testing ideas. don't reinstall windows if you want to see a problem, especially if it doesn't happen in games, use the Windows To Go. if the problem happens in the OS it will keep happening without you losing all data and you could continue everything instead of seeing the issue the same right after. Also, you can always do In-Place install that will do the same as fresh install without removing anything.
Again probably not best idea to tweak these. From corespondence with timer expert : https://www.tweakhound.com/2014/01/3...s-benchmarked/ they should be only used for debugging! I had with all of these: platformclock, platformtick and tsyncpolicy bad experience, but test it out.

I think disabledynamictick is safe and it was made for notebooks in the first place to safe power, it also gives you mouse acceleration. So this is really important to disable !

HPET on/off in bios differs per hw configuration, particularly cpu. TimerBench (more calls the better) is for testing that, but there is concern about whether results are accurate. I have better mouse feeling with hpet on definitely ! Much more snappier and TimerBench reports minimal difference between hpet on/off. Also each test of by 40k+- and both results were in that range. I test how it feels in the first place, when i am tweaking something...

Quote: Originally Posted by jayfkay
DPC latency checker shows 1000µs constantly, so I guess that program is useless.
Yep use latencymon, DPC latency checker doesn't work since win7. Don't game when you test dpc latency: says latencymon support. It already simulates a load. It is the default mode latencymon uses:"interrupt to user process latency". Windows ADK appears to use same mode, as when i start gaming during test, it gives me same spikes for gpu driver to 600 us.

Last edited by empl; 02-14-2020 at 04:44 PM.
post #1036 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
Please waste 2 minutes of your life to do a mousetester graph and latencymon test, just for kicks
I've already posted DPC tests of z77 boards before. Got 2 on Gigabytes and 3-4 on Asus ones.

post #1037 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Results

Hello, I would like to share my results:
Mouse: Glorious Model O @1000hz
CPU: Ryzen 1600
GPU: RX 580 8GB
RAM: [email protected]
MSIutilv2: all pci devices use msi mode
Drivers/Bios: latest revision

Latencymon (stats/drivers): https://imgur.com/a/qDnzUeq
MouseTester (two attempts): https://imgur.com/a/OpN0eVy
and a picture of default timers.

Problem: cannot flick in csgo, really hard to play kz maps - bad strafe sync.

Goal: How should I go about achieving "optimized system" graph as from original poster?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stats.png
Views:	2
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	326880  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	6
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	326882  

Attached Images

Last edited by w1tch; 02-15-2020 at 02:25 PM.
post #1038 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 05:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by w1tch View Post
Hello, I would like to share my results:
Mouse: Glorious Model O @1000hz
CPU: Ryzen 1600
GPU: RX 580 8GB
RAM: [email protected]
MSIutilv2: all pci devices use msi mode
Drivers/Bios: latest revision

Problem: cannot flick in csgo, really hard to play kz maps - bad strafe sync.

Goal: How should I go about achieving "optimized system" graph as from original poster?
Here's your problems:

1) Stop reading ANY posts from people who claim you should use that stupid utility to switch all devices to MSI mode that aren't already that way by default like ethernet controller. I get garbage mouse movement by changing ANYTHING to MSI mode. Changing the GPU to MSI mode is a noob trap setting because while it does make it feel like the cursor has less 'friction' on a lot of setups, your accuracy will be significantly worse. It makes cursor movement objectively worse. Period. Nvidia GPUs ship with MSI mode off by default, and I see you have an AMD GPU and those ship with MSI mode on. The context of my post was discussing MSI mode for Nvidia GPUs, so not sure what happens by turning it off for AMD cards.

2) I have both the Model O and Model O- and while they have some of the fastest response 3360's I've ever seen, the overall sensor implementation is going to be less accurate than something like the 3366 in the Logitech G403. People can probably compete at a high level with the Model O, but Logitech's sensor implementation is better, and so is Steelseries' 3360 in the Sensei 310 (but it's too wide and slippery rubber grip to even use).

3) Ram latency makes a HUGE difference on my DDR3 builds for cursor movement. It sounds like it would not, but it does. The difference in using CAS9 and CAS 7 is night and day. If you're using DDR4, I would not buy anything less than 3200 mhz CAS 14.

4) When I had a room full of GPUs mining digital ****coins, I noticed all the 3rd party AMD cards had terrible mouse movement compared to the R9 290 reference. A lot of Nvidia 3rd party cards have worse mouse movement than reference as well, but NOWHERE NEAR as bad as I saw for 3rd party AMD cards. I'm on an Asus 1660 Super Strix right now with dual bios and the "quiet mode" bios switch isn't very good, but the default "performance mode" BIOS switch is good if you were looking for a cheap card without a gimped BIOS implementation ($250). If you wanted to play it safe, I would get an Nvidia reference card, though. You should also be using only 441.66 Nvidia driver (other new ones aren't nearly as good latency-wise) and the following settings:

Important: You also need to change this setting under "Desktop and Color Settings". I don't think the setting comes up if you connect by DVI, but does for HDMI and possibly others:

[/quote]

post #1039 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 01:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Here's your problems:

1) Stop reading ANY posts from people who claim you should use that stupid utility to switch all devices to MSI mode that aren't already that way by default like ethernet controller.

By default all devices but two "High Definition Audio Controllers" are set to MSI Mode in my AsRock B450 Pro4. I only switched these two to MSI Mode to stop HdAudBus from generating IRQ's in LatencyMon.

2) I have both the Model O and Model O- and while they have some of the fastest response 3360's I've ever seen, the overall sensor implementation is going to be less accurate than something like the 3366 in the Logitech G403.

I have had access to g402, g203, g305, g502, harpoon rgb, naga trinity. Sadly it is not mouse dependent problem.

3) Ram latency makes a HUGE difference on my DDR3 builds for cursor movement. It sounds like it would not, but it does. The difference in using CAS9 and CAS 7 is night and day. If you're using DDR4, I would not buy anything less than 3200 mhz CAS 14.

It is Patriot Viper Elite 2800MHZ CL16-16-16-36. I do not have access to another pair of ram stick

4) When I had a room full of GPUs mining digital ****coins, I noticed all the 3rd party AMD cards had terrible mouse movement compared to the R9 290 reference. A lot of Nvidia 3rd party cards have worse mouse movement than reference as well, but NOWHERE NEAR as bad as I saw for 3rd party AMD cards.

I partially agree with this, mouse was somewhat easier to "tame" while ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 3GB was in use, however I cannot just go and buy parts. If it is unsolveable without changing hardware then I'am stuck with this lagging mouse movement.

For Monitor, I got 144hz via vesa certified displayport cable.
Attached Images

Last edited by w1tch; 02-16-2020 at 01:29 AM.
post #1040 of 1046 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 03:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

I forget the reason, but audio devices aren't supposed to use MSI mode in the first place. Seriously, don't use that utility to force anything to MSI mode.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in