USB polling precision - Page 113 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

USB polling precision

post #1121 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 483 (Unique: 328)
Quote: Originally Posted by MIETAS View Post
Hello,

do you guys have any idea what those spikes are?

Win 8.1
Zowie S2 Divina

You perhaps didn't move the mouse fast enough. The mouse only sends data if there's something new to report. If it measures less than one pixel of movement, it will send nothing instead of a zero. The report rate is then less than 1000Hz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1122 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
if you have amd gpu, navigate radeon panel-> display-> override and adjust voltage swing and pre-emphasis. I have yet to find whether this can damage the monitor or gpu in prolonged use, however setting both values to 2 greatly improved mouse tracking in csgo.
post #1123 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello everyone, anybody here has an idea how to improve my mouse pooling rate graphs? Below is my polling graph, bcdedit settings and latency. I think i have every setting right in the bios (disabled c states all that energy saving stuff) bcdedit settings i think are also good (with these settings i have exact 0.500ms timer in timerresolution otherwise it felt terrible) latency is also very good.

Specs: maximus x hero, 8700k (5,1ghz on cores 4,9ghz on cache ht disabled), 16 gb RAM G.Skills Ripjaws V 3200mhz with timing tweaked to 15-16-16-28 command rate t1 trfc 470, gtx 1080 +170mhz on core and +500mhz on memory. System installed on SSD Samsung 850 Evo 500GB games on NVME adata xpg sx8200 pro 1tb.

I tried to disable onboard audio and uninstalling audio drivers, no difference in mouse polling whatsoever. Disabling unused usb ports no difference. Mouse plugged in different usb port no difference (i have mm711, g102 and g305 are graphs are looking the same). Power plan is set to "ultimate performance". Nvidia settings the same as Roach showed a few pages earlier, msi mode on gpu on/off no difference in terms of polling. Bios updated to the newest, windows 10 1909 build. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mouse polling.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	334236  

Name:	bcdedit settings.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	334238  

Name:	latencyy.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	334240  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1124 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 08:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Boot windows in safe mode and check there. If it's the same something is still set wrong in the bios.
post #1125 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 08:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Looks a bit better in the safe mode but still not that good? Am i missing some critical service in Windows that i need to disable to improve polling?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	safe mode polling.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	334246  

post #1126 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSilv3r View Post
Looks a bit better in the safe mode but still not that good? Am i missing some critical service in Windows that i need to disable to improve polling?
On asus motherboard it should be straight line, for sure you missed something in bios.
post #1127 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 02:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSilv3r View Post
This is good enough for windows 10 1909.
post #1128 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 05:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
I have a lot of green when I move my mouse with mousemovementrecorder.exe (part of the markc fix).

This is from the readme.txt: "NOTE: While a game is running, Mouse Movement Recorder may show many red and greenlines, if the game continually re-positions the pointer to the middle of the screen.Those red and green lines do NOT mean that you have acceleration, they only mean that the re-positioned pointer has confused Mouse Movement Recorder.".

But this happens even on a desktop, can anyone explain this?
post #1129 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 483 (Unique: 328)
Quote: Originally Posted by Conditioned View Post
I have a lot of green when I move my mouse with mousemovementrecorder.exe (part of the markc fix).

This is from the readme.txt: "NOTE: While a game is running, Mouse Movement Recorder may show many red and greenlines, if the game continually re-positions the pointer to the middle of the screen.Those red and green lines do NOT mean that you have acceleration, they only mean that the re-positioned pointer has confused Mouse Movement Recorder.".

But this happens even on a desktop, can anyone explain this?

Maybe the Windows display scaling setting can cause this? If you use something like 150%, 125% etc., perhaps try to set it to 100% and see what happens.
post #1130 of 1131 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by deepor View Post
Maybe the Windows display scaling setting can cause this? If you use something like 150%, 125% etc., perhaps try to set it to 100% and see what happens.
Thanks for your reply! I do have it set to 100% (default) but I have mactype installed, and will try deinstalling that! Thanks for the idea! Just to be clear, I think I have followed pretty much all recommendations for best polling precision and latency, that's why I'm asking for input on this!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in