Is the Zowie MiCo jump bug present in all CPI, or just at 1600CPI? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Is the Zowie MiCo jump bug present in all CPI, or just at 1600CPI?

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 71 (Unique: 47)
As much as I love the shape of my Logitech G100s and would not part from it under any circumstances, I do wonder about how the legendary LMO shape actually feels like. I would like to order one from Monoprice, but is a little uncertain with regards to the feedback on the sensor jump bug. It is my understanding that there are two very distinct tracking issues on the MiCo:

1. 1600CPI skipping every other pixel, effectively making it [email protected]% software sensitivity
2. Erroneous jumps at regular intervals, less of an issue for cursor-based games but very bad for FPS

My question is, do the latter issue occur on all CPI steps, or is it unique to the 1600CPI setting only? Any response from MiCo owners or anyone with experience/access to this mouse is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Daniel

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the comfort of a Logitech shape, is inversely proportional to the R&D put into its making.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 735 (Unique: 515)
If you're talking about this bug:

Then it happens on all steps. The mouse also has some pretty bad click latency. It's my favorite shape too.....

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 04:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 117 (Unique: 73)
I have also a Mico and I found out, that the flat PCB from Zowie Mice (ZA, AM, FK)
should fit in the MiCo with little adjustments.
If anybody is real interested, I could check it out with pics.
But pls, only if you really care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Thanks all for the reply, I decided to follow through with the purchase as the mouse is less than USD$20 w/ shipping, and I must say, I have not regretted it the least.

800 CPI is a little lower than what I'm used to, but with a little practice my accuracy is back on par with before.

The bug occurs occasionally, but paradoxically, it is noticeable enough to a degree that it doesn't throw off muscle memory, yet not extreme enough as to require anything other than trivial effort to compensate.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the comfort of a Logitech shape, is inversely proportional to the R&D put into its making.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex View Post

Thanks all for the reply, I decided to follow through with the purchase as the mouse is less than USD$20 w/ shipping, and I must say, I have not regretted it the least.

800 CPI is a little lower than what I'm used to, but with a little practice my accuracy is back on par with before.

The bug occurs occasionally, but paradoxically, it is noticeable enough to a degree that it doesn't throw off muscle memory, yet not extreme enough as to require anything other than trivial effort to compensate.

In case you ever run into a tracking speed problem with this mouse you can drop the CPI to the 400 step. (400cpi = 3m/s and 800cpi = 2m/s.)

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Looking at the MiCo's underside, I noticed that the light from the scroll wheel is quite readily visible through the lens, I don't suppose this might cause any tracking issue no? I wonder why they didn't bother to put a piece of tape to isolate the light.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex View Post

Looking at the MiCo's underside, I noticed that the light from the scroll wheel is quite readily visible through the lens, I don't suppose this might cause any tracking issue no? I wonder why they didn't bother to put a piece of tape to isolate the light.

Well it's meant to be a very inexpensive low end mouse. Along with the tracking bug my buttons also clashed together out of the box. Attention to detail was lacking to say the least.

Also, try testing your new mico against your g100s at human benchmark. You should see a large difference unfortunately.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 123 (Unique: 88)
Shame it was discontinued, imagine it in the current family with the rest of the other 3310 Zowie mice. Then again, that's probably in-part why it was left behind (it being their "budget" mouse doesn't really fit well with the current "same internals, different size/shape" approach).

"To give the gamer more control and command over so much power there is some sort of a smoothing agent incorporated on the mouse chip that gives that different feel, that edge, that authority over your shots."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 06:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Yeah, I really hope they make a revamp, doesn't have to have a fancy sensor or anything. Just wish they reduce the delay a little and use slighty lighter switches.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 117 (Unique: 73)
for all the Mico lovers check out some pics from a mod
Zowie AM PCB inside Zowie Mico

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in