Mice cable pin arrangement and internal connector size - database - Page 17 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mice cable pin arrangement and internal connector size - database

post #161 of 162 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 62)
Quote: Originally Posted by beardedbrawler1 View Post
thank you for your responses , so i did saw the first post on the thread showing how the cables are inside , however in my goal to re-do a new cable i couldn't find any JST 2.0 PH 5-Pin that had a similar color scheme as the mice posted (the JST 2.0 PH 5-Pin i managed to find where something like orange yellow dark green black and red) , what i couldn't figure is how do i know wich is wich ( for example:1. is the dark green the shield one OR 2. what does make the dark green one be the shield is in wich of 5 pins of the USB-Type A side it is connected). Also sorry if i am not being clear enough unfortunately i am not very experienced with mice/eletric engineering however i really love my old sensei shape and wanted to save him.

You can use a multimeter in resistance mode to sound out which pin goes to which color, then look at a USB type A pinout to see what "normal" color that corresponds to.

Though the old cable is most likely broken right where it comes out of the mouse. You could probably just cut out that six inches or so and reconnect the old connector.

The shield one is going to be connected to the shroud around the four other wires, you should be able to figure that one out just by looking at it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 162 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 117 (Unique: 73)
If you want to repair like TranquilTempest said, here are some helpful pics.
https://imgur.com/a/x2XQx

You could also check the PCB. Rare you will find a description at the pcb near or under the socket.

If you do the multimeter thing:

Quote: Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

From left to right looking at the solerpoints: black, green, white, red
black - ground
green - data+
white - data -
red - 5volt
This is always the USB 2.0 male connector.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in