USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+) - Page 62 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+)

post #611 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by MineSweeper View Post
I made an easy to use package that sets everything up. I can't figure out how to get the setup.exe file to offer anything higher than 1000Hz, eventhough I placed the appropriate 2k-4k files in the atsiv folder and the AMD64 folders. Do you know how to get the options to show up? I would be able to create a better repository with more options.

Here is the 1903 package I put together: https://github.com/MineSweeper73/100...ling-Hack-1903
2000Hz-Polling-Hack-1903
please man do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #612 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
@MineSweeper Will it work for 1809?
post #613 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Found your package for 1809. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #614 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:06 PM
lololol

Rep: 366 (Unique: 152)
https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf doesn't work with my laptop (win10 1903)
downclocking works but my wmo isn't going above 125hz

Quote: Originally Posted by MineSweeper View Post
I made an easy to use package that sets everything up. I can't figure out how to get the setup.exe file to offer anything higher than 1000Hz, eventhough I placed the appropriate 2k-4k files in the atsiv folder and the AMD64 folders. Do you know how to get the options to show up? I would be able to create a better repository with more options.

Here is the 1903 package I put together: https://github.com/MineSweeper73/100...ling-Hack-1903
unfortunately also not working with my laptop
after i click restart in setup.exe, the mouse disappears from the list, and the physical mouse stops tracking. (to fix i have to uncheck mice only and then uncheck the filter)

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
post #615 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:28 PM
lololol

Rep: 366 (Unique: 152)
never mind,
Quote: Originally Posted by Baardaap View Post
Option 1: Use windows test mode

1. On non test mode: install the normal 1khz driver (hidusbf.sys) from hidusbf.zip with setup.exe, downclock your mouse to 64 or 32 and check if that works.
2. switch to test mode and unplug your mouse, copy and paste hidusbf.sys from hidusbfn.zip (warning: different zip than first step) to C:/windows/system32/drivers and overwrite
3. plug your mouse back in and use setup.exe to set it too 1000hz and click restart. Now check, it should be 1000hz
this worked for me together with attached file from
https://www.overclock.net/forum/27946028-post591.html

mousetester plots from my laptop aren't too pretty unfortunately
[email protected]:

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond

Last edited by qsxcv; 06-17-2019 at 08:36 PM.
post #616 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post
doesn't work with my laptop (win10 1903)
But files are identical in both places. Something strange because you can downclock. I will try to setup on my 1809 from zero once again, but i don't remember any problem when i did this first time...
post #617 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 04:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Any idea if this works with game controllers as well? I know it has options for other USB devices, but would it actually increasing polling rate on a USB game controller? I've got a Elecom wireless game controller with auto fire on it so that could be interesting if it bumps up the polling rate and makes the auto fire quicker in turn. Would probably also smooth out the analog sticks if it works I'd think as well.
post #618 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

This question already answered few times:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post26493595
But as with any overclocking it can be useful, useless or malicious depending on what you are trying to overclock.
post #619 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf doesn't work with my laptop (win10 1903)
Ok, i rechecked setup procedure once again on Windows 10 x64 1809 - no reboots needed and without any problems, of course.
The last one that i can do to help is description of results of setup stages:
0. Disable Secure Boot (or make equivalent registry changes).

1. Unzip hidusbf.zip and run setup.exe. On modern Windows you will have prompt for privileges elevation.

2. "Install Service" button. Two things happen:
a. hidusbf.sys is copied to %windir%\system32\drivers
b. Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\hidusbf\ is created (or updated).

3. "Filter On Device" checkbox:
"hidusbf" string (the name of service) is added to registry parameter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\% DeviceInstanceID%\LowerFilters

4. "Restart" button:
All previous changes are applied. hidusbf.sys is loaded, executed and remains in memory. If you have "died" device in this point - see the 0., 2. or pay attention to the color of line.
If you can downclock device - then hidusbf.sys is working as expected, but some of the overclocking is not possible on recent Windows 10 versions due to restriction in system files (usbport.sys and usbxhci.sys) - drivers of USB controllers:
a. Low Speed devices over 125 Hz
b. Low and Full Speed devices over 1000 Hz (on USB3.x controller and Windows 8+)

5. Running atsiv.exe -f hidusbfp.sys with elevated privileges:
this patches images of usbport.sys and usbxhci.sys in memory to allow all possible overclocking. But to apply result you shall restart device once again. atsiv driver (embedded into atsiv.exe) is extracted, loaded, executed and remains in memory. hidusbfp.sys is loaded, executed and unloaded.

P.S. And yes, i know how to unload atsiv driver.
P.P.S. Setup is enhanced to check the presence of driver service when "Filter On Device" is set (i.e. 2. performed before 3.)

Last edited by SweetLow; 08-29-2019 at 02:56 AM.
post #620 of 664 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

For some reason, I was able to use overclocking on Windows 1903 without test mode, and even without sweetlow's hidusbf.dll and by only using hidusbf.dll atsiv method. I think the overclock gets loaded into memory without accessing the driver itself.

I'm not yet able to reproduce but here's the steps anyway.

1.) Enable Testsigning (this is temporary only)

2.) Install the new drivers (1000 hz version first? just to check if this really works) for 1903 and setup atsiv too, but do not load atsiv, just prepare the task scheduler to launch atsiv for the next reboot.

3.) Set your desired polling rate.

4.) Verify that it works and then reinstall the "nopatch" driver.

5.) Disable testsigning.

6.) Reboot.

These steps enabled me to retain the overclocked polling rate, but I think if I try to change it again, the overclock will be disabled because I only have the "nopatch" driver now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in