USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+) - Page 67 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+)

post #661 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:34 AM
dior

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetLow View Post
>will still downclock
Ok. If you really can downclock than you have working driver.
>using atsiv method
And what do you received when try hidusbfp.sys loading?

So I have my atsiv setup to run on startup with Task Scheduler, but if I load the driver manually I get: 'Operation completed successfully'.
I've not yet tried disabling secure boot but I feel doubtful it would makea difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel Burton View Post
So I have my atsiv setup to run on startup with Task Scheduler, but if I load the driver manually I get: 'Operation completed successfully'.
I've not yet tried disabling secure boot but I feel doubtful it would makea difference.
>if I load the driver manually I get: 'Operation completed successfully'.
what??? it's impossible to have SUCH message on hidusbfP.sys loading through atsiv.exe.

Code:
Atsiv v1.01 - Windows driver loader
Copyright 2007 Linchpin Labs and OSR
All Rights Reserved

Attempting to start driver D:\TOOLS\ATSIV\hidusbfp.sys
Error 0xc0000001, operation failed
That is what expected.
post #663 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 01:09 PM
dior

>if I load the driver manually I get: 'Operation completed successfully'.
what??? it's impossible to have SUCH message on hidusbfP.sys loading through atsiv.exe.

Code:
Atsiv v1.01 - Windows driver loader
Copyright 2007 Linchpin Labs and OSR
All Rights Reserved

Attempting to start driver D:\TOOLS\ATSIV\hidusbfp.sys
Error 0xc0000001, operation failed
That is what expected.

Ah sorry, my mistake, yes you're correct. Same result ^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 06:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've dropped back to test mode on Windows 10 x64 1903 version 18362.418 and my WMO is working again at 1000hz (using https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusb...r/hidusbfn.zip).

Couldn't get the atsiv method working again without test mode, but will keep trying.
post #665 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Defrag82 View Post
I've dropped back to test mode on Windows 10 x64 1903 version 18362.418 and my WMO is working again at 1000hz (using https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusb...r/hidusbfn.zip).

Couldn't get the atsiv method working again without test mode, but will keep trying.
>I've dropped back to test mode on Windows 10 x64 1903 version 18362.418 and my WMO is working again at 1000hz
As i already said about such situation - the code inside hidusbf.sys and hidusbfp.sys responsible for patching is identical.

>Couldn't get the atsiv method working again without test mode, but will keep trying.
1. Look at the my log above. You shall have exactly the same response. And will be better for you and Joel Burton to send YOUR logs and don't send "i have the same result". Screenshots and logs are definitely better then words "I did all right but nothing is working."
2. If your REALLY ready for isolation of root of the problem in your system i can help. BUT! I (as probably all other people) really don’t like spending my time and not even getting any reaction in return.
post #666 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:44 AM
dior

>I've dropped back to test mode on Windows 10 x64 1903 version 18362.418 and my WMO is working again at 1000hz
As i already said about such situation - the code inside hidusbf.sys and hidusbfp.sys responsible for patching is identical.

>Couldn't get the atsiv method working again without test mode, but will keep trying.
1. Look at the my log above. You shall have exactly the same response. And will be better for you and Joel Burton to send YOUR logs and don't send "i have the same result". Screenshots and logs are definitely better then words "I did all right but nothing is working."
2. If your REALLY ready for isolation of root of the problem in your system i can help. BUT! I (as probably all other people) really don’t like spending my time and not even getting any reaction in return.

Screenshot for mine. Have also PM'd you.
Attached Images

post #667 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Screenshot for mine. Have also PM'd you.
Looks like your really try to load hidusbfp and (visually) nothing prevents to do so. Ok. If the next step (go to setup.exe and restart your mouse there with higher rate) isn't working then:
1. I will give your debug version of hidusbfp.sys some time later and describe what you have to do with it.
2. Check USB controller and its driver file (name and version) you are using for your mouse (the last addition to OP).

Last edited by SweetLow; 10-21-2019 at 06:59 AM.
post #668 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:53 AM
dior

Looks like your really try to load hidusbfp and (visually) nothing prevents to do so. Ok. If the next step (go to setup.exe and restart your mouse there with higher rate) isn't working then:
1. I will give your debug version of hidusbfp.sys some time later and describe what you have to do with it.
2. Check USB controller and its driver file (name and version) you are using for your mouse (the last addition to OP).
I have finally figured out what was wrong!
So my mouse despite being plugged into normal USB (no hub) - was going through a different xhci driver (asmtxhci.sys) which wasn't being recognised. I have since swapped some of my peripherals around at the back of my PC, ensuring the mouse was operating through USBXHCI.sys and now it looks like I'm overclock easy.

Thanks Sweetlow for the troubleshooting/help.
Cheers
post #669 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks Sweetlow for the troubleshooting/help.
Cheers
Nice to hear that.
P.S. My offer to Defrag82 is still open, of course.
post #670 of 724 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 04:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

500hz limit

https://github.com/MineSweeper73/100...ling-Hack-1903

The overclocking was successful as described above link, but there's a problem.

Why does my mouse only apply to 500 Hz?

Even if I set it at 1000 Hz, it works at 500 Hz.

I don't know if my mouse is the problem or my computer is the problem.
(windows 10 1903, usb 2.0 vertical mouse)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in