USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+) - Page 71 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+)

post #701 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 04:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I spent a few hours attempting to get this to work and the problem that was preventing me was that I was installing SweetLow's certificate as Current User and not Local Machine. Anyway I will post what I did to maybe help some of you people having issues with troubleshooting.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and my motherboard is from Gigabyte.

I used vadash's 1000hz from github which includes everything you need here: https://github.com/vadash/1000hz

-Disabled xHCI in BIOS
-Set bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
-Set bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
-Rebooted
-Installed SweetLow Certificate (Make sure you install it under "Local Machine")
-Copied atsiv to C:\Program Files\atsiv
-Found Mouse ID with atsiv

cd "C:\Program Files\atsiv"
.\devcon.exe find *mouse*

-Created atsiv tasks in Task Scheduler copying MouseOC_1.xml & MouseOC_2.xml profiles from 1000hz-master
Note: Change the Mouse ID to match yours in the arguments, also the XML files would not import so I had to create new tasks & manually copy the arguments/actions/settings. You can still view the settings/properties from the MouseOC XML files but not import.

-Run Setup.exe, Filter On Device @ 1000
-Install Service, click Restart.

You should now have 1000hz.

This is what worked for me, I hope this might help some people who are lost in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
any updates to getting 8000Hz ?

CPU
Xeon X5690 3.46GHz
Motherboard
Asrock X58 Extreme
GPU
EVGA GeForce GT 210
RAM
Muskin
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex2 SSD
Hard Drive
8 x Samsung 1Tb F3
Power Supply
2009 Seasonic X650w Gold
Cooling
Megahalems
Case
ABS Black Pearl
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Professional
Monitor
Asus VG278H
Keyboard
Steelseries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Reds
Mouse
MS Sidewinder X3
▲ hide details ▲
post #703 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by OCmember View Post
any updates to getting 8000Hz ?
What makes you think that with overclocking to 8000 there are some problems (in the software part, of course), but with ordinary overclocking (up to 1000) there are none? I always publish three versions of driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #704 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 06:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetLow View Post
What makes you think that with overclocking to 8000 there are some problems (in the software part, of course), but with ordinary overclocking (up to 1000) there are none? I always publish three versions of driver.
ok, buddy

CPU
Xeon X5690 3.46GHz
Motherboard
Asrock X58 Extreme
GPU
EVGA GeForce GT 210
RAM
Muskin
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex2 SSD
Hard Drive
8 x Samsung 1Tb F3
Power Supply
2009 Seasonic X650w Gold
Cooling
Megahalems
Case
ABS Black Pearl
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Professional
Monitor
Asus VG278H
Keyboard
Steelseries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Reds
Mouse
MS Sidewinder X3
▲ hide details ▲
post #705 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

I installed the 2-4KHz driver but when I try to set the poll rate to 31 Hz I get just 31 Hz. Is there anything i can do about it?
post #706 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
I installed the 2-4KHz driver but when I try to set the poll rate to 31 Hz I get just 31 Hz. Is there anything i can do about it?
>when I try to set the poll rate to 31 Hz I get just 31 Hz
This means that you really don't install 2-4KHz driver or don't apply patch through atsiv accordingly or just have some unsupported driver of USB Host Controller. Look at the last postscriptum of the first post.
post #707 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 12:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

>when I try to set the poll rate to 31 Hz I get just 31 Hz
This means that you really don't install 2-4KHz driver or don't apply patch through atsiv accordingly or just have some unsupported driver of USB Host Controller. Look at the last postscriptum of the first post.
It seems that atsiv only works in Windows 10 test mode. I tried to overclock three mice but had no luck. Cooler Master MM710 and Steelseries Kana V2 stop working after restart and with Nixeus Revel all I get is 125 Hz.
post #708 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
It seems that atsiv only works in Windows 10 test mode. I tried to overclock three mice but had no luck. Cooler Master MM710 and Steelseries Kana V2 stop working after restart and with Nixeus Revel all I get is 125 Hz.
>It seems that atsiv only works in Windows 10 test mode.
Of course, no. It works on usual Windows and needed exactly for that case.

>I tried to overclock three mice but had no luck. Cooler Master MM710 and Steelseries Kana V2 stop working after restart and with Nixeus Revel all I get is 125 Hz.
Before trying to get 2000Hz try ordinary 1000Hz (or just set nominal rate of your mouse in setup to get hidusbf loaded). Of course, it is possible to have first two results (i personally have stop working on Logitech MX310 when it is overclocked to 2000Hz+) but 125Hz instead of stop working or 1000Hz points to something wrong in setup with high probability.
P.S. Probably all your mice are incapable of 2000Hz but i appreciate your testing.
post #709 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

125Hz instead of stop working or 1000Hz points to something wrong in setup with high probability.
P.S. Probably all your mice are incapable of 2000Hz but i appreciate your testing.
It seems that this strange behavior is somehow related to USB port and not the mouse itself. With some ports I get 125 Hz instead of overclock and with others mouse stops working. It doesn't matter which exact mouse I am trying to overclock.

Last edited by J Doe; 01-15-2020 at 02:00 AM.
post #710 of 724 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 02:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
I'm a bit curious how the overclocking works, does the driver poll the mouse multiple times in one frame, or does it start USB frames more frequently? I ask because some of the example code I'm looking at for writing my own mouse firmware uses the SoF callback to read the sensor, which would interfere with the first possibility.

The other options for starting sensor reads are the transfer complete callback (slightly less than 1 poll interval more latency, but should be easily overclockable), or a timer based on the transfer complete callback and the time between poll intervals(best of both worlds, but also the most work).

Last edited by TranquilTempest; 01-15-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in