Alternatives to the Sensei? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Alternatives to the Sensei?

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 05:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klopfer View Post

Dreammachines DM1 Pro ( Sensei OEM Shape , PMW3310 )

^^^ this, so much this. Just buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 05:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

Thanks for telling me, I was thinking of eventually getting it. Phew...

What about the GX1? Got any info? Was thinking of getting it myself

It's a nice mouse, especially for the price. Now it's around 40$, but I paid 35$ a year ago or so, and I think the shipping was free.
You can change the DPI steps and the polling rate without the software, but if you want to turn off the LEDs, then you need to download it. But there's no english drivers, it's only in chinese.

It performs like any other A3090 mouse would. LOD is a bit high, but compared to other 3090 mice it's just normal. I'd say it's about the same as the G400s, as far as I can remember.
Build quality is alright. It's not that good, but it's better than the Sensei RAW heat orange.
The scrollwheel is kinda crappy, it works fine but the material is bad imo, it's a bit annoying to use. They also have some weird lines at the side that you can feel with your thumb and it's kinda annoying for me.

If you can buy it, go ahead. That mouse is definitely worth trying imo.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 68 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

It's a nice mouse, especially for the price. Now it's around 40$, but I paid 35$ a year ago or so, and I think the shipping was free.
You can change the DPI steps and the polling rate without the software, but if you want to turn off the LEDs, then you need to download it. But there's no english drivers, it's only in chinese.

It performs like any other A3090 mouse would. LOD is a bit high, but compared to other 3090 mice it's just normal. I'd say it's about the same as the G400s, as far as I can remember.
Build quality is alright. It's not that good, but it's better than the Sensei RAW heat orange.
The scrollwheel is kinda crappy, it works fine but the material is bad imo, it's a bit annoying to use. They also have some weird lines at the side that you can feel with your thumb and it's kinda annoying for me.

If you can buy it, go ahead. That mouse is definitely worth trying imo.

Are the scroll steps quite pronounced? Can't stand smooth wheels.

Edit: Off topic. Was the 3090 the public S3888?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Are the scroll steps quite pronounced? Can't stand smooth wheels.

Nope, it's not.
It's similar to the G100s scroll, but it's a bit smoother.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 68 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

Nope, it's not.
It's similar to the G100s scroll, but it's a bit smoother.

Ta very much. Scroll sounds like it'll be fine. Probably not going to buy it for a while. Already bought the M600R, Rapoo V300 and the GMOUSE2 within days of each other frown.gif
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 07:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Ta very much. Scroll sounds like it'll be fine. Probably not going to buy it for a while. Already bought the M600R, Rapoo V300 and the GMOUSE2 within days of each other frown.gif

No problem!
Well, I'd rather get the DM1 Pro instead of the GX1-Pro. It's more similar to the Sensei and it's easier to get, not to mention that it looks better too tongue.gif
But I can't say for sure because I haven't received my DM1 Pro yet. I'll probably get it on monday.

And I know how it feels, I bought a DM1 Pro and a Benq ZA13 on the same day. I'm starting to buy mice that I wont even use, just because they're "rare" and it's cool to collect, or because I think some brand will discontinue some model and it will become rare.
I don't even have a reason to keep buying as many mice as before because I haven't been playing anything lately. Actually, I've played 1.7h on the last 2 weeks, according to steam...

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
He asked for a sensei replacement, not kinzu.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 09:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reptile View Post

He asked for a sensei replacement, not kinzu.
DM1 Pro is a Sensei / Xai OEM Shape with PMW 3310 Sensor ...
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The DM1 looks pretty good but I am not sure how much trouble I will have when I get a bad one. I have a Zowie Ec1-A with a broken mousewheel, sadly I noticed tit way too late, I have to rma it eventually. I also have a Zowie FK1 with a defect sensor (sometimes loses tracking). I can just send it back to amazon. I probably can't do it that easily with dreammachine.

I just ran into QC problems way too often.

The newman doesn't seem to be available in Germany, and the Xtrfy seems to have a dpi switch problem.

I might just give the Rival 100/300 a try even though they don't match the shape exactly and are quite heavy compared to my current Fk1. 90g vs 130g seems like a big difference.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikklein View Post

The DM1 looks pretty good but I am not sure how much trouble I will have when I get a bad one. I have a Zowie Ec1-A with a broken mousewheel, sadly I noticed tit way too late, I have to rma it eventually. I also have a Zowie FK1 with a defect sensor (sometimes loses tracking). I can just send it back to amazon. I probably can't do it that easily with dreammachine.

I just ran into QC problems way too often.

The newman doesn't seem to be available in Germany, and the Xtrfy seems to have a dpi switch problem.

I might just give the Rival 100/300 a try even though they don't match the shape exactly and are quite heavy compared to my current Fk1. 90g vs 130g seems like a big difference.

Well, their support seems to be pretty good. They have a profile here on OCN and I've messaged them a few times, because I was having some troubles to import it, and they were always fast on their replies.

The Newmen GX1-Pro doesn't feel like the Sensei, it's smaller and it just feels different.
The Rival/Rival 300 weights ~105g without the cable. I thought it felt really light, honestly. I don't know if it was because of the weight distribution or just because it's a big mouse, but it definitely doesn't feel heavy for me.

Your best option is probably the DM1 Pro, I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in