Zowie FK1+ announced - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Zowie FK1+ announced

post #21 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 07:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickz View Post

Hopefully shell is retooled to actually utilize omrons. Seems like it'll be an awesome shape, but I can't stand stiff buttons anymore after using a g303.

If the shell is not made the same I wont be able to stand it xD I have gotten used to the stiffness of their clicks, and I have tried going back to other mice with lighter clicks like the Mionix Castor, I just feel like I cant feel when I am clicking or not.. I hate it, it is unuseable for me xD

CPU: i7-6700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 1050Ti | RAM: 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Case: Fractal Design R5 | Keyboard: CM Storm Novatouch TKL | Mouse: MX Master | Microphone: Blue Yeti Blackout | Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 | DAC/Amp: FiiO E10K | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z | TV: LG 42" LED 3D TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Ex-resident Kinzu shill

Rep: 62 (Unique: 39)
I love me some FK clicks but...I'm not gonna be picking this up, I'm perfectly happy with my 3090 FK because the 3310 Zowies just feel awful to me.

EDIT: Pack up the 3360, Omron, etc hype.

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."
post #23 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
April fools was 12 days ago Zowie. Wait, you're usually always behind the times anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Mehehe!

Rep: 87 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

I love me some FK clicks but...I'm not gonna be picking this up, I'm perfectly happy with my 3090 FK because the 3310 Zowies just feel awful to me.

EDIT: Pack up the 3360, Omron, etc hype.

It's basically:

"Hey guys, buy this while we're busy figuring out to get the 3360 working with the same PCB in every shape before the 3310 goes EOL."

post #25 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Would a 3360 be fine with their MCU
post #26 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Yeah, at this rate I'm going to just wait until the Zowie FK1++++ when they're using the 3360, new shell material for softer clicks, new colors/coating (silver), and thicker mouse feet
post #27 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post

I wonder why they aren't doing an FK2+. A big problem with Zowie's short variants is that they're also really skinny, so if you claw grip and want a shorter mouse you also have to deal with it being as wide as a pencil. If anything I would say widening the FK2 is more important than widening the FK1.

Don't worry, after you buy the Zowie FK1+ and a couple of months have passed..they'll release the FK2+ so you can give them another $60. A few months later, the ECA+ will be out...then when Christmas is here you can get your chance to buy the ZA+. Zowie listens guys !
post #28 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

TBH idk what to say about this company anymore, but i guess its good enough for "preaimoneshotgame".

Why am I not surprised this came out?

Just make it wider, just make it taller, just make it longer, etc. Why not make it better? Seriously... Their ambidextrous shapes need improvements, not simple increases in dimensions of the existing design. The EC series has been the best shape they have done so far, hence why they only need to offer 2 sizes rather than 3 different designs

I don't need to buy another FK when I can just add ~6mm of tape and shape it to my hand better. Total waste of money to buy another Zowie for a couple of millimetres. At this point I much rather save the money to buy a G900! That's how bad it's got with Zowie/BenQ.
post #29 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
+2mm....sounds more like reworked out of tolerance top shells, lol.
post #30 of 327 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizuka View Post

If the shell is not made the same I wont be able to stand it xD I have gotten used to the stiffness of their clicks, and I have tried going back to other mice with lighter clicks like the Mionix Castor, I just feel like I cant feel when I am clicking or not.. I hate it, it is unuseable for me xD

That's because the Castor uses Omron switches (and the shell is different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotkyotkyot View Post

+2mm....sounds more like reworked out of tolerance top shells, lol.

Why make another mold of a mediocre mouse?

They could have done things like: raise the front, reshape the side buttons, changed the arch a little and make the buttons a separate piece. Instead they currently make 6 different molds that don't fulfill what people have been asking for since the release of the AM. Offering different sizes is good if the design is good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in