digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver - Page 101 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver

post #1001 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
it was working fine for me for a long time and then stopped for no good reason.

what helped in my case after months of trying - I deleted USB HUB drivers in device manager, marking "delete driver files". (you have to manually reboot your PC after, as KB and mouse will stop working)
The name in device manager has changed from something like USB 3.0 HUB (Intel) to USB 3.0 HUB (Microsoft) and sweetlow driver started to work again.

worth trying.
When did it stop working for you, though? If it was months ago, then I don't think that is the same as this recent Cumulative Update. Also, my problem is not with the hidusbf.sys. My problem is with Atsiv.exe not loading as a service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1002 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by mpw90 View Post
When did it stop working for you, though? If it was months ago, then I don't think that is the same as this recent Cumulative Update. Also, my problem is not with the hidusbf.sys. My problem is with Atsiv.exe not loading as a service.
Mine stopped working end of last year after one of the cumulative updates (I had 1803 by then).

my advice was directed to people experiencing troubles (e.g. downclocking works, overclocking doesn't), not directly to your case
post #1003 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Can anybody with automatic Windows updates on 1809 confirm whether Atsiv has ceased to stop working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1004 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have figured this out: to anybody that is playing on FaceIT and using their Anti-Cheat, when it is installed, it prevents Atsiv service from loading.
post #1005 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
I have figured this out: to anybody that is playing on FaceIT and using their Anti-Cheat, when it is installed, it prevents Atsiv service from loading.
Nice finding. But for me it is definitely AV problem
post #1006 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by SweetLow View Post
Nice finding. But for me it is definitely AV problem
How do you mean? :-)

I can gladly say that I am able to overclock the mouse again.

SweetLow, do you have any info as to why Microsoft does not allow this driver to run without Atsiv? Do we have to pay for certificate, or something? Also, is it possible for you to share your code on GitHub or is that something that you treasure?

I have contacted FaceIt, and questioned why they are taking control of users PC's when the application is not loaded. They load their anti-cheat driver at OS start up.
post #1007 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

SweetLow, do you have any info as to why Microsoft does not allow this driver to run without Atsiv? Do we have to pay for certificate, or something? Also, is it possible for you to share your code on GitHub or is that something that you treasure?
>SweetLow, do you have any info as to why Microsoft does not allow this driver to run without Atsiv?
Not only this driver. Any driver without some kind of digital signature on modern x64 systems.
>Do we have to pay for certificate, or something?
The most important part already has public certificate (without it it's practically impossible to run driver for PnP device without test mode on x64 versions). This thread started from that. And this was not cheap. To sign new version of driver we need pay such cost once again (as old certificate ended). And yes, certificate from Microsoft (which allows running on Secure Mode systems flawlessly) is impossible now for any reasonable money.
>Also, is it possible for you to share your code on GitHub or is that something that you treasure?
1. Now i'm not going to stop supporting code and can do any suggestions
2. And i don't want code fragmentation. Just for you info - now one source is working from Windows 98 to Windows 10 1809.
Of course, when/if i will lose interest or possibility to refresh code i will share it.
post #1008 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

The most important part already has public certificate (without it it's practically impossible to run driver for PnP device without test mode on x64 versions). This thread started from that. And this was not cheap. To sign new version of driver we need pay such cost once again (as old certificate ended). And yes, certificate from Microsoft (which allows running on Secure Mode systems flawlessly) is impossible now for any reasonable money.
Is this the $100 quote that I saw? I am happy to pay that for everybody if that is the real cost. I think it would be worth it. If we're talking thousands, then maybe that isn't reasonable.

1. Now i'm not going to stop supporting code and can do any suggestions
2. And i don't want code fragmentation. Just for you info - now one source is working from Windows 98 to Windows 10 1809.
Of course, when/if i will lose interest or possibility to refresh code i will share it.
Completely understand. I just wanted to look and see how the driver works, and how overclocking works on mice. No problem.

As I said, if it's $100, I will pay it. No problem. Everybody can enjoy. If it's significantly more, then that is robbery.
post #1009 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is this the $100 quote that I saw? I am happy to pay that for everybody if that is the real cost. I think it would be worth it. If we're talking thousands, then maybe that isn't reasonable.

Completely understand. I just wanted to look and see how the driver works, and how overclocking works on mice. No problem.

As I said, if it's $100, I will pay it. No problem. Everybody can enjoy. If it's significantly more, then that is robbery.
>I just wanted to look and see how the driver works, and how overclocking works on mice.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post26493595
This is exact description for ordinary users, i guarantee

https://community.osr.com/discussion...Comment_190920
Post from Cay_Bremer. This is exact description for driver developer (and i already done suggestion there, of course).

>Is this the $100 quote that I saw?
IDK exact value. Is is better to ask jeshua (and discounts may be applied sometimes). But as i said above - main task already done. And if you will read my link with description you understand that signing of new version is temporary solution in any case. Sooner or later but microsoft code will change after the new certificate will end.

Last edited by SweetLow; 03-14-2019 at 02:11 AM.
post #1010 of 1096 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I still have the problem since a recent 1809 update..

ms optical 1.1a

C:\atsiv>C:\atsiv\atsiv.exe -f C:\atsiv\hidusbf.sys

Atsiv v1.01 - Windows driver loader
Copyright 2007 Linchpin Labs and OSR
All Rights Reserved

Error 0xc0000001, failed to load Atsiv service

C:\atsiv>C:\atsiv\devcon.exe restart "*VID_045E&PID_0039*"
USB\VID_045E&PID_0039\5&376ABA2D&0&14 : Restarted
HID\VID_045E&PID_0039\6&1241E172&D&0000 : Restarted
2 device(s) restarted.

C:\atsiv>

I check 'Filter on device' for the mouse only, and set to 500hz and then "install service" and "restart". Usually this would give me 500hz but now its stuck on 125hz. lets me go lower than 125 but not anything higher. Confirmed problem? How did you get it working, mpw90 ? are you still running without any AV ?

Event log error :

The DRIVER_B service failed to start due to the following error:
Access is denied.

and another error:

The description for Event ID 26 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\DRIVER_BIN64 failed to load

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Test mode doesn't seem to help :|

Last edited by fragtion; 03-15-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in