Originally Posted by Shurik38
What's the procedure step by step for have 500 hz ? (really step by step please)
1. Download hidusbf (Attached below or here
). I installed the certificate that comes with it. In Windows 7 it was necessary to use it without Safe Mode, but in Windows 10 it does not seem to work. I do not know if it is necessary to install it in W10, correct me. Although it does not hurt to install it)
2. Open Setup.exe that is in the DRIVER folder
3. Make sure that 'Filter on Device' is not checked and that Selected Rate is Default
4. Click on 'Install Service' (In this step I did not need to restart the system, but I think it is recommended)
5. Download hidusbfp.zip (Attached below or here
) and Atsiv.zip (Attached below or here
) and unzip them (preferably in the same folder)
6. Open command prompt with admin rights (Windows Key + X or Right Click on Start Menu and select it here) and navigate to the folder where you have unzipped atsiv.exe (You can keep SHIFT + Right Click on the folder that is the atsiv.exe and select 'Open command prompt' but you need to run it with administrator permissions and this way it does not)
7. With the command prompt open and the path where atsiv.exe is located, type: atsiv.exe -f hidusbfp.sys (If both files are in the same folder, if not, you must specify the full path of hidusbfp.sys, example: atsiv.exe -f C:\Users\admin\Desktop\hidusbfp.sys)
8. Open Setup.exe, check 'Filter on Device', choose the amount of hz and press 'Restart'
9. Verify that the mouse is running at the selected amount using mouserate (Attached below)
hidusbf.zip 360k .zip file
hidusbfp.zip 5k .zip file
Atsiv.zip 32k .zip file
mouserate.zip 7k .zip file
To start automatically at startup, I created a task through the task scheduler using devcon.exe to restart the device because I did not find how to do it with DevManView, disable and enable does not restart the device.
I downloaded devcon from this link
because to obtain officially requires WDK and it is a download of more than 1GB to only use an 80KB file. I do not know if it is possible to attach it for license issues as explained on the page.
1. Download devcon.exe (If you have Windows Driver Kit (WDK) installed, you will already own it). If you download it from the above page, it is preferable that you put it in the same folder as atsiv.exe and hidusbfp.sys
2. Open Windows Device Manager (Windows Key + X or Right Click on Start Menu and select it here or right click on This PC/Computer and select Manage, then choose on the left bar Device Manager) and search for 'Mice and other pointing devices', expand it and press double click on your Mice or right click and select Properties
3. Select the Details tab and in Property choose Device Instance Patch. Record the name shown in the list between the first and second \ sign, for example ROOT_HUB20.
In my case it is "HID\VID_0000&PID_0538\6&7412F21&0&0000" and the name would be VID_0000
4. Open the Task Scheduler (Use windows search in the start menu or the icon in the taskbar or trought Computer Management (Windows Key + X or Right Click on Start Menu) > System Tools > select it here)
5. In the top bar, select 'Action' and choose 'Create task' or in the left sidebar, select 'Task Scheduler Library' and in a blank space press right click and choose 'Create new task'
6. Choose the name you want for the task, check 'Run with higher privileges'
7. Select the 'Triggers' tab, press the 'New' button and choose the task 'At log on', choose if you want it to run for each user or one in specific (remember where the files will be for execution), click OK
8. Select the 'Actions' tab and press 'New', choose: 'Action: Start a program', press 'Browse' and search for atsiv.exe, in Add Arguments type: -f [path to the file]\hidusbfp sys (example: C:\Users\admin\Desktop\hidusbfp.sys), click OK
9. Again press 'New', 'Action: Start a program' and search for devcon.exe, in Add Arguments type: restart * device_name* (replace with the name of your device, it must be between *), click OK
9.1 If you have WDK, try with the following directory in Program or script:
According to your version of Windows (in this case I suppose that x64, since it is the version of hidusbfp.sys)
10. Press OK to create the task. The order of the files must be atsiv.exe and devcon.exe later!
Try restarting the PC and see if it does not throw any errors.