digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver - Page 90 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

digitally signed sweetlow 1000hz mouse driver

post #891 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhys7 View Post
im now stuck in test mode because when i turn it off and restart my computer my usb drives dont work and when i try to replace my edited usb system files with my backed up files it doesnt allow me to...
It is good point to RTFM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #892 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 08:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Okay ladies and gentlemen,

After a lot of messing around I finally got it to work on Windows 10 x64 build 1809

Because I still see a lot of confusion in this thread I decided to write a little guide, hopefully that is appreciated.

I have added a zip with everything you need for 1809

There is no signed driver yet for this version of windows, so there is no easy install.
Until that point we have 2 options.

Option 1: Use windows test mode

1. On non test mode: install the normal 1khz driver (hidusbf.sys) from hidusbf.zip with setup.exe, downclock your mouse to 64 or 32 and check if that works.
2. switch to test mode and unplug your mouse, copy and paste hidusbf.sys from hidusbfn.zip (warning: different zip than first step) to C:/windows/system32/drivers and overwrite
3. plug your mouse back in and use setup.exe to set it too 1000hz and click restart. Now check, it should be 1000hz

Option 2: Use atsiv (without test mode)

1. Install the normal 1khz driver (hidusbf.sys) from hidusbf.zip with setup.exe, downclock your mouse to 64 or 32 and check if that works.
2. Use the windows command line with admin rights and go to the folder of atsiv.exe. Type "atsiv -f hidusbfp.sys" without the quotes and hit enter. (you should get error 0xc0000001 but that doesn't matter, ignore that)
hidusbfp.sys comes from the patch folder from hidusbfn.zip (different zip then first step) I copied the file to my atsiv folder for my convenience so I don't have to type the whole path to the file.
3. Use setup.exe to set the rate to 1000Hz and click restart. Check the rate, it shoud be 1000Hz.

Unfortunately the 2nd step with atsiv has to be done each time you boot your pc. In this guide we did it manually, if you want to automate this process use the following guide: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post26418714

When automating the atsiv process make sure you type the whole path to the hidusbf.sys file. Also make sure you type the mouse adress between * signs.

Good luck everyone!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1000HzOverclock.zip (505.9 KB, 670 views)

Last edited by Baardaap; 11-13-2018 at 09:14 PM.
post #893 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 04:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
That method (atsiv) works fine on 1809 to enable overclocking. What I cant seem to create is an automatic solution through task scheduler. It worked previously but not now.

Last edited by Losty; 11-14-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #894 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Baardaap View Post
Okay ladies and gentlemen,

After a lot of messing around I finally got it to work on Windows 10 x64 build 1809

Because I still see a lot of confusion in this thread I decided to write a little guide, hopefully that is appreciated.

I have added a zip with everything you need for 1809

There is no signed driver yet for this version of windows, so there is no easy install.
Until that point we have 2 options.

Option 1: Use windows test mode

1. On non test mode: install the normal 1khz driver (hidusbf.sys) from hidusbf.zip with setup.exe, downclock your mouse to 64 or 32 and check if that works.
2. switch to test mode and unplug your mouse, copy and paste hidusbf.sys from hidusbfn.zip (warning: different zip than first step) to C:/windows/system32/drivers and overwrite
3. plug your mouse back in and use setup.exe to set it too 1000hz and click restart. Now check, it should be 1000hz

Option 2: Use atsiv (without test mode)

1. Install the normal 1khz driver (hidusbf.sys) from hidusbf.zip with setup.exe, downclock your mouse to 64 or 32 and check if that works.
2. Use the windows command line with admin rights and go to the folder of atsiv.exe. Type "atsiv -f hidusbfp.sys" without the quotes and hit enter. (you should get error 0xc0000001 but that doesn't matter, ignore that)
hidusbfp.sys comes from the patch folder from hidusbfn.zip (different zip then first step) I copied the file to my atsiv folder for my convenience so I don't have to type the whole path to the file.
3. Use setup.exe to set the rate to 1000Hz and click restart. Check the rate, it shoud be 1000Hz.

Unfortunately the 2nd step with atsiv has to be done each time you boot your pc. In this guide we did it manually, if you want to automate this process use the following guide: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post26418714

When automating the atsiv process make sure you type the whole path to the hidusbf.sys file. Also make sure you type the mouse adress between * signs.

Good luck everyone!
Thx dude, is there a permanent solution for winver 1803?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #895 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 10:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

For 1803 you can use this method.
https://github.com/vadash/1000hz
post #896 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 10:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Losty View Post
Thxx dude..

post #897 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 11:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi,

I am a frequent user of the overclock driver.

However, I have some concerns.

Whenever a new .sys file is released, it is obviously appended with a new letter, such as p or n.

Since I've reinstalled Windows and 1809 didn't work with the previous .sys file, I find the instructions a little difficult to follow. Even reading the GitHub page.

Am I correct that if I want a simple 1khz overclock, I download the hidusbf.zip, extract, install the certificate, run the 1khz batch script, load setup.exe, filter on selection, select my frequency and then click restart?

OR would I need to add a step in there to add the new hidusbfn.sys somewhere? Do I rename it?

Do I need to load anything with Atsiv?

Can I make this persist on login?

It's actually a bit scrambled. I understand that SweetLow is not English, and so once I understand what the correct direction is, being a native speaker myself, I would be happy to write a new update English readme. I hope that doesn't come across offensive. There's a few sentences that may be confusing for some.
post #898 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Losty View Post
So, after reboot i must enable it every time?

post #899 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 09:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mpw90 View Post
Hi,

I am a frequent user of the overclock driver.

However, I have some concerns.

Whenever a new .sys file is released, it is obviously appended with a new letter, such as p or n.

Since I've reinstalled Windows and 1809 didn't work with the previous .sys file, I find the instructions a little difficult to follow. Even reading the GitHub page.

Am I correct that if I want a simple 1khz overclock, I download the hidusbf.zip, extract, install the certificate, run the 1khz batch script, load setup.exe, filter on selection, select my frequency and then click restart?

OR would I need to add a step in there to add the new hidusbfn.sys somewhere? Do I rename it?

Do I need to load anything with Atsiv?

Can I make this persist on login?

It's actually a bit scrambled. I understand that SweetLow is not English, and so once I understand what the correct direction is, being a native speaker myself, I would be happy to write a new update English readme. I hope that doesn't come across offensive. There's a few sentences that may be confusing for some.
Check my guide for 1809, the answers to your questions are basically already there.

No the p and n are not for newer .sys files. the normal hidusbf.sys file in hidusbf.zip is for the simple 1khz overclock. However this only works when there is a signed driver available, which there is none for 1809. So therefore you need to the other files from hidusbfn.zip. If you are using the test mode option you need to replace the original file with the same file from the other zip. If you are using atsiv option you need the hidusbfp.sys where p stands for patch.

If you are on a newer windows, just wait for sweetlow to do the magic again, download his latest files when he confirms the newer version works and then do the same trick all over again. The names of the files are the exact same, the files are just updated files. This is why your old files don't work on newer windows. Just check sweetlow's github what date the last version is from and download it again if it is updated.
post #900 of 1107 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

No. If you read the link it shows you how to enable the patch to run through task scheduler on every startup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in