New Logitech G403 PRODIGY 107G + 10G - Wire/Wireless - Page 228 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Logitech G403 PRODIGY 107G + 10G - Wire/Wireless

post #2271 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Structural design <3

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
Finally took some pics of how to fix the scroll wheel:
  1. Remove the mouse feet, unscrew the 4 screws holding the mouse together
  2. Lift the back up because there is a seal in the front

3. Be careful with the flex cable, lift up the black bar on the connector and the cable should easily slide out the top
  4. Unscrew the 2 screws holding the encoder and mouse wheel down and take out the little pcb with the wheel

5. Put some tape, plastic, whatever you'd like on the left side of the scroll wheel holder. Don't put too much, there needs to be some tolerance between the wheel and holder. Just make sure it doesn't put pressure on the wheel

6. Now this step is not necessary. The steps above solve the annoying shifting back and forth of the wheel when in use. This step solves the wheel rattling when scrolling up and when you shake the mouse vigorously. Take the top shell and some thin double sided tape. Put a small piece of foam across where I marked with the green. I used a 2mm thin piece of open cell foam that I cut out from foam packaging
  7. Now assemble it all back together

I don't even know anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2272 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I don't think hyperglide will be making any new mousefeet anytime soon for these mice, your best bet would be getting a mousepad that works with the stock skates for now

My opinion is

frictionless fast glide = qck heavy

glide with some control = artisan hayate

Can't recommend any of my other pads at the moment
Weird how it would feel fine on the QcK Heavy but not the Zowie G-SR. It would be kind of absurd to need to buy a new mousepad to get it to glide correctly. Are they not rounded at the edges or something?
post #2273 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:43 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo8 View Post

1. Be careful with the flex cable, lift up the black bar on the connector and the cable should easily slide out the top
  2. Unscrew the 2 screws holding the encoder and mouse wheel down and take out the little pcb with the wheel

3. Put some tape, plastic, whatever you'd like on the left side of the scroll wheel holder. Don't put too much, there needs to be some tolerance between the wheel and holder. Just make sure it doesn't put pressure on the wheel

Damn, this looks like a an engine bay of some sports car with bits and pieces going everywhere.

Essence of creating any device is to keep it simple and reliable BUT if you start designing separate, tiny pieces of PCBs and connecting them with extra wires/soldering, then you've got future troubles here.

Use to remember everything was on one pcb with just the front switches and the sensor below it. Not now, it's become a crowded engine bay full of potential disasters doh.gif .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2274 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
So I got both G403... wired and wireless. Wireless is great because it has no cable. The Wired is great because it is lightweight. However, the wireless is heavier and the wired has cable drag. I really dunno which one I wanna keep and which one I wanna return. Both are amazing in their own rights. The shape is very good too.

M3 button is a bit stiff and louder on the wireless than wired for me. Quite a noticeable difference. Other than that its perfect or nearly perfect. No rattle at all too.

Quite happy, I just dont know which one to choose.
post #2275 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

The GPRO is unusable on the goliathus control because of the feet design. Not sure how Logitech manages to mess up the simplest things on their mice like cables and mouse feet.

The actual feet themselves or simply the shape? I can't see why the shape of the Pro's feet would harm glide.
post #2276 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 128 (Unique: 87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The actual feet themselves or simply the shape? I can't see why the shape of the Pro's feet would harm glide.

Dunno either given that i have one right now on a Goliathus Control.

post #2277 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 735 (Unique: 515)
Quote:

The contact of the feet to the pad is strange which causes the mouse to dig in and glide poorly. You can feel the mouse stutter as you move it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Biased? Low standards?

Other people have noticed how poorly the GPRO glides on some pads. This guy even mentions the goliathus pad specifically.

"The mouse feet on my copy are strange. From the pictures I expected the outer edge of the feet to be tapered into the body of the mouse and the rest of the foot to be sticking out from that point but this isn't the case. On mine that tapered edge sticks out FROM the body of the mouse creating small circular contact points on each of the mouse feet and the rest of the foot recesses back into the same height as the outer edge. This means you'll need to consider your mouse mat carefully depending on what you want. I used a Razer Goliathus Control with my EC1-A because it has low static friction in that combination but this isn't true for the G Pro. A flatter, smooth surface is better for low static friction in this case (and probably until the feet wear to an even plane)."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/53mn4g/g403_g_pro_review/

Also notice how the stiff middle click is mentioned here but OCN's sponsored Team Logitech said nothing. Spooky.

post #2278 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Quote:

The contact of the feet to the pad is strange which causes the mouse to dig in and glide poorly. You can feel the mouse stutter as you move it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Biased? Low standards?

Other people have noticed how poorly the GPRO glides on some pads. This guy even mentions the goliathus pad specifically.

"The mouse feet on my copy are strange. From the pictures I expected the outer edge of the feet to be tapered into the body of the mouse and the rest of the foot to be sticking out from that point but this isn't the case. On mine that tapered edge sticks out FROM the body of the mouse creating small circular contact points on each of the mouse feet and the rest of the foot recesses back into the same height as the outer edge. This means you'll need to consider your mouse mat carefully depending on what you want. I used a Razer Goliathus Control with my EC1-A because it has low static friction in that combination but this isn't true for the G Pro. A flatter, smooth surface is better for low static friction in this case (and probably until the feet wear to an even plane)."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/53mn4g/g403_g_pro_review/

I tried it on Goliathus control and GTF-X, it feels horrible on both.
I guess pads with more rough texture is a no go with the G pro.
It feels better with the G403, but not great.

I guess we need to wait for hotline thick feet to wait how it works.
I cannot use my GTF-X with my G pro because it feels that bad, had to use QCK Heavy which feels good.
post #2279 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Seal in the front? I guess you mean a warranty seal of some kind?
post #2280 of 6298 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo8 View Post

1. Remove the mouse feet, unscrew the 4 screws holding the mouse together
  2. Lift the back up because there is a seal in the front

3. Be careful with the flex cable, lift up the black bar on the connector and the cable should easily slide out the top
  4. Unscrew the 2 screws holding the encoder and mouse wheel down and take out the little pcb with the wheel

5. Put some tape, plastic, whatever you'd like on the left side of the scroll wheel holder. Don't put too much, there needs to be some tolerance between the wheel and holder. Just make sure it doesn't put pressure on the wheel

6. Now this step is not necessary. The steps above solve the annoying shifting back and forth of the wheel when in use. This step solves the wheel rattling when scrolling up and when you shake the mouse vigorously. Take the top shell and some thin double sided tape. Put a small piece of foam across where I marked with the green. I used a 2mm thin piece of open cell foam that I cut out from foam packaging
  7. Now assemble it all back together

thank you, will try later i guess. thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in