Zowie FK1+ - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Zowie FK1+

post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
How about the ZA's? did anyone experience rattled in ZA series yet? was interested in ZA12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Mouse Hoarder

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post

How about the ZA's? did anyone experience rattled in ZA series yet? was interested in ZA12

Had a BenQ ZA11 for a short while which had a slightly loose mousewheel (As in the sitting was loose not the actual feel when scrolling the wheel). Wasn't noticeable in general use as it had only room to move up and down not side to side. But you could hear it when shaking the mouse.

Mine had no lens rattle, but Mouse-2 sounded less sharp.

post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshy414 View Post

Had a BenQ ZA11 for a short while which had a slightly loose mousewheel (As in the sitting was loose not the actual feel when scrolling the wheel). Wasn't noticeable in general use as it had only room to move up and down not side to side. But you could hear it when shaking the mouse.

Mine had no lens rattle, but Mouse-2 sounded less sharp.

I had a similar situation, I ordered a new ZA11 from Amazon, I first got a "new" ZA11 with loose buttons and wheel, package didn't seem right either. Felt like a used and defective mouse. When I did rapid movement, the cursor would bug out, probably a defective sensor. I returned it for another one that was super tight, crisp buttons, no package issue, no sensor issue, and actually looked brand new this time.

If you get a bad one just return it and get another. This second ZA11 has been working for over a month now with no problems and the buttons and wheel are still perfect.

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K // Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi // Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 // GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini // SSD: Seagate 600 240GB // HDD: WD 1TB Blue WD10EZEX // Case: Lian Li PC A05 NB // Heatsinks: PH-TC14PE // Fans: 2xCorsair SP120L, 2xThermalright TY143, 1xYate Loon D14BH-12 PWM https://valid.x86.fr/29fsdx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Mouse Hoarder

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vario View Post

If you get a bad one just return it and get another.

That is the bottom line when it comes to purchasing mice at the moment, most of these problems are down to variances in manufacturing and lack-luster - or lack of - quality control, rather than 'serious' consistent issues, so it comes down to luck whether you receive a good unit or a faulty/janky unit. So yeah as you said, return it and get another. Thankfully Amazon RMA's are pretty painless.

post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 05:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Does anyone know if the Zowies will be getting a sensor upgrade in near future? Thinking of buying but not if there are new models due
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 05:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

These are the ones used in the new Zowie mice

The FK14 used white tipped ones with Zowie branding. Looking them up on Aliexpress shows that they are rated at 3 million actuations. Probably better to get the blue ones.

Thanks a lot. I want Huanos because I feel like the Omrons I installed aren't made for this shell, they're much more stiff than when I had the original Huanos and I don't feel confident clicking the mouse buttons, I feel the mouse buttons aren't as good as they used to be, there's more play in them, I noticed right after I put the Omrons in, could be in my head though. Although now I'm thinking of maybe getting a replacement mouse, I've had this mouse for for 3 years maybe it's time I get something else but at the same time I feel I'll swap in the huanos for cheaper. Either way, appreciate it.

I realize everything is manufactured in China and I know of the Aliexpress site but never bought from there, I wonder, are counterfeit switches a thing? These should be good, or am I overthinking this, it's just I've bought stuff on ebay from China and got defective items.
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 06:00 PM
Mehehe!

Rep: 87 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1337 View Post

Does anyone know if the Zowies will be getting a sensor upgrade in near future? Thinking of buying but not if there are new models due

Probably, but I doubt it'll be soon. I'm expecting Zowie to use the 3310 till it's EOL or something.

For the FK users, take a look at the Revel / DM mouse. Revel is pretty close in size to the Kana v2 / FK2.

post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Probably, but I doubt it'll be soon. I'm expecting Zowie to use the 3310 till it's EOL or something.

For the FK users, take a look at the Revel / DM mouse. Revel is pretty close in size to the Kana v2 / FK2.
I heard they are the same size as the sensei? I tried a sensei and it felt a bit big. If they are smaller I would easily to happy to try one. I'm currently using a kinzu V2 and I love that shape although having huge hands?
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 06:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Oh man that Revel mouse is impressive, it's shaped like an FK, just as light and has a 3360 sensor. Was gonna replace my switches but I might buy this. Really glad I saw your post, thanks a lot.

Priced at $45, sounds too good to be true, tell me it's a proper, sturdy, durable and good mouse.
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTA1415 View Post

Oh man that Revel mouse is impressive, it's shaped like an FK, just as light and has a 3360 sensor. Was gonna replace my switches but I might buy this. Really glad I saw your post, thanks a lot.

Priced at $45, sounds too good to be true, tell me it's a proper, sturdy, durable and good mouse.

It's great in my opinion, i switch between fk2/revel/dm 1 pro s and all of them are equally good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in