Zowie FK1+ - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Zowie FK1+

post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 19)
I got this beauty since an hour and it's an absolute blast for me.

Zowie always understood to combine simplicity,quality, technique and functionallity.

I mean this mouse still has the adns 3310 but I wouldn't need a better one for ages.

I am used to this sensor for a longer period through mice like the FK1 or ZA11.

Technical Advancement at the end of the day is only good when needed and useful to achieve better results.

Some hardcorers still play a intelli to this day and own hard with it.

if the 3360 doesn't make me better by any term or a better player why would I need that shizzle if you got a mouse like the fk1+ which charmes my hand with its sexy bigger shape like the soft touch of a woman's skin.

and even the adns 3310 has its logical technical limits. why would i need a better sensor if i am not nearly in the position to break those malufunction limits while i am playing and that beauty does everything I do with my hand correctly and satisfying?

I think you see my point there.

Zowie forever, cause Zowie best! smile.gif

I am a mouse lefty who is also able to play with the weaker right hand I trained here and there also, but why should I as so long as those great mice enter the market?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 38)
Shape and reliability is more important then the sensor. thumb.gif
I have the ZA11 and EC1A and AM. How does the FK1+ compare to the EC1 and ZA11 in size?

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K // Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi // Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 // GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini // SSD: Seagate 600 240GB // HDD: WD 1TB Blue WD10EZEX // Case: Lian Li PC A05 NB // Heatsinks: PH-TC14PE // Fans: 2xCorsair SP120L, 2xThermalright TY143, 1xYate Loon D14BH-12 PWM https://valid.x86.fr/29fsdx
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
Yeah it's a great mouse. Sadly the two I had had terrible rattle on the scroll. But the shape is seriously good. It's heir best ambi imo. Hopefully will update with better scroll at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuni View Post

Yeah it's a great mouse. Sadly the two I had had terrible rattle on the scroll. But the shape is seriously good. It's heir best ambi imo. Hopefully will update with better scroll at some point.

I've had the opposite problem with scrolls that are too tight, but it improves with time.

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K // Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi // Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 // GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini // SSD: Seagate 600 240GB // HDD: WD 1TB Blue WD10EZEX // Case: Lian Li PC A05 NB // Heatsinks: PH-TC14PE // Fans: 2xCorsair SP120L, 2xThermalright TY143, 1xYate Loon D14BH-12 PWM https://valid.x86.fr/29fsdx
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:22 AM
ajx
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
Sorry for you but Logitech mice>Zowie
I like Zowie but 3366>3310
Logitech all the way thumb.gif

PS: i have a FK in my closet, cant stay on 3310 after trying 3366 tongue.gif
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vario View Post

Shape and reliability is more important then the sensor. thumb.gif
I have the ZA11 and EC1A and AM. How does the FK1+ compare to the EC1 and ZA11 in size?

Excellent, it's just wider than the fk1. and that mouse looks and feels like a ninja.thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihateallmice View Post

You don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about. I mean it's great that you found a mouse with a shape you enjoy, but if malfunction speed was your only concern, you could be using some old laser sensor or a variety of old optical sensors. There's a reason Zowie upgraded to 3310 and there's a reason Logitech got 3366. You being ignorant and proud of your ignorance is just ... yawn.

And while I'm using FK2, I much prefer the G900 in every way other hand the shape. On the bright side, Zowie is surely upgrading to 3360 in the near future.

EDIT: Simplicity sure, but quality? Their shell design is such a mess that they couldn't even put omron switches in without having to recall all their mice because they broke the mouse. Plus their scrollwheels are known for being dog**** for many years and they still can't get it right. Their side buttons on EC series is also truly awful.

Their shapes however destroy logitech.

It's not ignorance. If I am as efficient with the adns 3310 as with the 3360 or 3366 why would I need it?

That's the question right here and Zowie developed some ambidextrous mice for me as a lefty to the best and fullest.

People seek for advancement with the newest uberspecial sensor but don't seem to realise that it won't raise their skill at all compared to a already strong sensor like the adns 3310.

I am playing the adns 3310 for a long time in CSGO now and there is absolutely nothing I couldn't do with it in comparison to the 3360 or 3366 models.

and that's what I tried to point out. pretty simple.

I don't have to know the newest algorithm of the a new sensor, to know what I can do with a mouse or not.

and we talk about the adns 3310. one of the most stable sensors till to date which pleased alot of gamers.

it's about skill and if you suck, you suck with a fk1+ exactly as with a g403.

to me the adns 3310 just reached a technical limit you don't need to advance for personal needs.

but if you just buy the newest stuff always no matter what the industry got you at the nuts already.

and huano switches of zowie are still the best switches i ever played for cs cause they are easy and good to control for taps in counter strike. but that's a matter of taste, exactly as shape.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 33)
The most important thing about a mouse is its shape.

I cant uses Zowie ambi mice because the buttons on the wrong side get in the way and the clicks are to tought to click.

As for sensor performance - with my sens i cant tell what sensor im using.

"It's all fun n games till someone looses an eye. Then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield, Metallica

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:05 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

People seek for advancement with the newest uberspecial sensor but don't seem to realise that it won't raise their skill at all compared to a already strong sensor like the adns 3310.

I think it's gone well past that point, I'd reckon it's more of an interest or hobby these days for people with extra money on the side.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by badben25 View Post

I think it's gone well past that point, I'd reckon it's more of an interest or hobby these days for people with extra money on the side.

yep that's true. smile.gif
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Only reason i upgrade from 3310 is spazz out problem, when lifting and moving fast at the same time, sensor would simply go nuts and suddenly my crosshair is either watching sky or to ground and it happens to me quite often on FK2 mad.gif! I think 336X would be end game for many people including me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in