G403 Angled sensor vs G pro - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G403 Angled sensor vs G pro

post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpjimmy View Post

Ring finger on the right click button? Okay, I'll try it.

Kinda have to if you want it to be straight.

It's weird. :/

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

If I hold the G403 in the most comfortable way the sensor will be slightly misaligned in my hand. If I hold it with the senor aligned I start to want to use another mouse. I sent the mouse back because the shape wasn't good for me -- I was always fighting to get comfortable while maintaining control.

The Pro was fine as it's a symmetrical shape. Main reason I continue to use symmetrical mice.

I think the problem op is having is exactly this. I have the same problem with most Ergo mice.
I hold the Zowie EC and the SteelSeries Rival at an angle because they are more comfortable in my hand that way.
I've thought that the perfect ergo mouse (for me) would have its buttons angled to the left with some other visual indicator to show where the tip of the front is.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Maybe it's the time for we have some "angle compensation option" on mice softwares?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloberserk View Post

Maybe it's the time for we have some "angle compensation option" on mice softwares?

Some sensors have that...
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 04:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalar View Post

Kinda have to if you want it to be straight.

It's weird. :/

Nah I don't agree. Been using mainly Logitech mice for the past 15 years (some small timeframe exceptions), almost always ergo, mostly eggshell shapes, and this is a problem that's been with most if not all these mice. I'm holding it 1-2-2 because I just don't have good control with 1-3-1, so I don't want to change to Logitech's vision of a "good" grip. I guess I've adjusted my movements to it because I don't have a single problem with it. Can imagine though this is not for some people, esp. if you haven't been messed up like I apparantly have been smile.gif
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Some sensors have that...

Hmm, I'm not talking about prediction or things like that. But imagine you turn 90º compensation on the option and suddenly when you move horizontally, the sensor goes vertically (but without skipping angle movement on your hand). Perfect straight horizontal lines will be perfect straight vertical lines, and imperfect horizontal lines will be imperfect vertical lines.
My english is kinda basic but maybe "tilting" os "rotating" is a better word?

Anyway. The only software I could find about this issue is here: http://www.maf-soft.de/mafmouse/

Give it a try and come back here!
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Yeah I had to hold my G403 at a really uncomfortable angle to keep from drifting up or down on swipes. Put a lot of strain on my wrist and made the mouse completely unusable for me. Too bad, it's a pretty solid mouse otherwise.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 09:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:

Hmm, I'm not talking about prediction or things like that. But imagine you turn 90º compensation on the option and suddenly when you move horizontally, the sensor goes vertically (but without skipping angle movement on your hand). Perfect straight horizontal lines will be perfect straight vertical lines, and imperfect horizontal lines will be imperfect vertical lines.

Anyway. The only software I could find about this issue is here: http://www.maf-soft.de/mafmouse/

I remember seeing an option in the sensor documentations about such a feature. It's something that can be done through the SROM of some sensors. I don't think there is a commonly used mouse that allows you to set it through driver software.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 14)
Quote:

While I haven't tested this myself I believe the povohat driver can do this.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 01:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Quote:

3310 (and maybe others) has this angle tuning option native but not many made it available in software. I only remember Mionix software having it.

mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
mousepad: Razer Gigantus - Team Razer Edition
keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
monitor: Alienware AW2518HF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in