G403 Angled sensor vs G pro - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G403 Angled sensor vs G pro

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 20)
roccat KPM software has it as well ^

"sensor alignment"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 04:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 31)
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 735 (Unique: 515)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthavenue View Post

Logitech China even has an official tip on why G403 users can't draw a horizontal line.

When companies tell their customers they're doing it wrong. ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

When companies tell their customers they're doing it wrong. ?

They flared out the front instead of how they make it bend inward on the Pro and G100s. Naturally your hand doesn't follow the shape of the G403, as shown in the first figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

I am more of a palm user for most motions, then I switch to a fingertip grip for precise motions. I don't feel in complete control

The mouse tends to end up slanted in my hand, making the sensor not align with my arm, thus making the cursor move diagonally instead of horizontally. The rear is tall and starts early, which makes it hard to do small downward motions as the mouse is already filling the palm and it stops me from having my palm on the pad in a way that gives me more control. The rear feels like a smaller Zowie AM more than a Zowie EC2. The mid to top right corner slants outward |_/ in a way that makes my small finger feel like it's in an awkward position, this decreases my control and kind of feels like I would get a cramp after a long session if I squeeze the mouse. So I try to hold the mouse more toward the rear, but I can't because the thumb area is designed for your finger to be under the side buttons and the rear is too thin to fill my palm in that position. Mouse 1 feels too tall for the arch, feels as if it makes me slower at pressing the button due to the angle. Some areas of the sides feel like a Zowie AM's or IntelliMouse Optical's sides / \.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
I siad this on the main 403 thread that the sensor so SO angled that even with this "correct" grip, which by the way i naturally do the sensor is still angled.The info graphic show that where the cable attaches or essentially in between the left/right click is where the sensor faces straight along the y axis, this is false it's almost 5 degrees more to the left click than it "should" be. I think ill be returning and getting a g900 (i have the wireless g403 atm). For anyone on the fence i'd stay clear until Logitech sees the complaints and hopefully address it. all they have to do is move the pcb posts in the shell(some one can do this themselves but u shouldn't have to be cutting at the mouse to fix a design flaw). Yes you can adjust to the sensor angle but from my experience getting a mouse you can grip in a way the sensor moves closely to perfect is always so much better. mad.gif
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 11:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I own an obscene amount of mice and G403 is the only one I've ever had to resort to angle adjustment with. -4 in qlmoufiltr. Ridiculous. I give up. It's impossible to grip this mouse "properly".
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
I'd say how it took me only couple of hours to easily readjust my self to new sensor pos after G303 but why bother really. People will complain either way.arrowheadsmiley.png
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post

I'd say how it took me only couple of hours to easily readjust my self to new sensor pos after G303 but why bother really. People will complain either way.arrowheadsmiley.png

And G303 is another very divisive shape, there's a reason it's discontinued
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
Well, I can tell you that I had the same issue when I've switched from EC1 evo to FK1.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 12:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 42)
With me it happens with IME 3.0 style mice. DA, EC, you name it. But I've adjusted to all of those when I used them so no biggie. They all end up angled in my hand.

Some of the replies here you'd think the mouse broke someone's hand. Yeesh.

MX518 Legendary
Logitech G603 (91g)
Allsop Raindrop XL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in