Ninox Venator 3360 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ninox Venator 3360

post #11 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:12 AM
PC Gamer

Rep: 51 (Unique: 45)
ill buy it for the lulz but if it arrives to me anything like my aurora it will be insta-trash.

my expectations are super low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benllok View Post

Well I guess there's never gonna be a perfect mouse in the eyes of everyone but I said that thing about DPI from a point of brand positioning. If u wanna be considered "niche" u make some important/relevant decisions towards ur target audience. Leaving all those DPI steps like that sounds like "hey I wanna please everyone" and that's not the case for a niche product. And yea, as u have pointed out, the rest of the specs are promising, let's just see how it turns out to be.

So ya, don't get me wrong, I welcome these kind of attemps from companies to try to do something different, everyone deserves a chance so I'll support this by buying an unit if the build quality has not been overlooked like it happened in the past with some other interesting projects *Cough finalmouse cough*
I don't like companies advertising DPI like it's the only thing that matters, but you gotta give credit where it's due, Ninox isn't doing that. Default profiles are only 400, 800, 1600. Being able to increase it higher is mentioned later in on the user manual, and not advertised at all and only mentioned in the specs on its webpage. It's not like it throws "SUPER 12K DPI FOR EXTREME GAMERS ONLY" in your face. It leaves it in because it has no reason not to, it's a win-win to include it because you don't lose anything by having the option. Why is that a bad thing?

I hope this turns out well. I never used a Ninox Aurora, but I hope this one has all the problems from that fixed and doesn't flop.
post #13 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
I'm not saying I won't buy this because I never received my Auroa mouse OR my money back .... I'm not buying this because of the bad designed ass of the mouse. It's too short of a mouse and the ass gets real narrow at the end which usually results in an unsteady grip for me.

I'd gladly do a detailed objective review if u send me one for free though (instead of sending out my Aurora).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 123 (Unique: 88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by detto87 View Post

I'm not saying I won't buy this because I never received my Auroa mouse OR my money back .... I'm not buying this because of the bad designed ass of the mouse. It's too short of a mouse and the ass gets real narrow at the end which usually results in an unsteady grip for me.

I'd gladly do a detailed objective review if u send me one for free though (instead of sending out my Aurora).
You're one amongst the Frustrated 5? We must find the other 3 and form MouseTron.

And tbh shape doesn't seem bad, height should be good for fingertip. The KP is still an overall more intriguing mouse to me so I've sat aside for that, but I wouldn't mind giving this a shot if bst follows thru. I can pretty much bet it'd be a better experience than say, the Revel, for me personally.

"To give the gamer more control and command over so much power there is some sort of a smoothing agent incorporated on the mouse chip that gives that different feel, that edge, that authority over your shots."
post #15 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
While driverless is nice, having customizable DPI steps like on my G PRO is a lot more convenient than having to cycle through 20 different steps, some of which you would never use. Rest of the mouse looks good.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz/1.2v daily | AsRock Taichi X370 | 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 | Sapphire Vega 64 | SoundBlaster ZxR
Swiftech Apogee XL | MCP655-B | QP240 rad
post #16 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verpowered View Post

While driverless is nice, having customizable DPI steps like on my G PRO is a lot more convenient than having to cycle through 20 different steps, some of which you would never use. Rest of the mouse looks good.

You could have software to customize and then use onboard memory, like the gpro.
Only do it once and you're set biggrin.gif
post #17 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:17 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 91 (Unique: 50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verpowered View Post

It does have customisable DPI steps smile.gif You have 3 that you can edit, take a look at the manual, it explains it in more detail there.
post #18 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Ex-resident Kinzu shill

Rep: 62 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post

You're one amongst the Frustrated 5? We must find the other 3 and form MouseTron.

And tbh shape doesn't seem bad, height should be good for fingertip. The KP is still an overall more intriguing mouse to me so I've sat aside for that, but I wouldn't mind giving this a shot if bst follows thru. I can pretty much bet it'd be a better experience than say, the Revel, for me personally.

The Revel wasn't THAT bad, I for one am ready to welcome my new mouse overlord, lets just hope the firmware doesn't get goofed again and the cable isn't so stiff that it moves the entire mouse around like the majority of cables I have to deal with.

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."
post #19 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
LOD: ~2mm

Isn't that a bit high for a 3360 mouse?
post #20 of 909 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 18)
fool me once etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in