Ninox Venator 3360 - Page 90 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ninox Venator 3360

post #891 of 900 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by drehmini View Post
I have, I even reset the mouse by holding down both mouse buttons while plugging it in. No dice.
Unlucky. Mouse is out of stock pretty much everywhere and not being made anymore so unless bst has some of them at home replacement won't be an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #892 of 900 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by untouchable247 View Post
Unlucky. Mouse is out of stock pretty much everywhere and not being made anymore so unless bst has some of them at home replacement won't be an option.
I would hope he would honor the 2 year warranty on his product.. I'm pretty sure (after a bit of research) that the switches used in the venator are prone to debounce issues... I mean I could replace the microswitches with something better, but I shouldn't have to fix a product I purchased less than a year ago.

Last edited by drehmini; 12-30-2018 at 01:53 PM.
post #893 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 10:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have both of the Venator mice in the two different colors. The manuals are not the same though. Both of the mice are great but I'm just wondering why the manuals are different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #894 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by zergrush View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have both of the Venator mice in the two different colors. The manuals are not the same though. Both of the mice are great but I'm just wondering why the manuals are different.
Could be wrong but I believe the black would be with the firmware update? I vaguely remember there being a firmware update before the Black was released with the improved top shell design. So that could explain a difference in the manual?
post #895 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 01:46 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 84 (Unique: 47)
Yes, the black one has the newer firmware, so it has some more options. You can update the white ones to the latest version as well though: https://ninox.co/support/venator/updates
post #896 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:08 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 31 (Unique: 29)
Up until this day I couldn't find a better mouse than the Venator (subjectively, for my needs). Perfect shape, lovely buttons (after a bit of modification on the shell), best stock feet ever, best scroll wheel encoder (which I still didn't manage to buy separately anywhere), and so on. Wish there'd be a lightweight wireless version.

Ninox Venator | Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Zowie Camade | Cherry MX-Board 3.0 | HyperX Cloud

Mouse & mouse pad reviewer at TechPowerUp
post #897 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post
Up until this day I couldn't find a better mouse than the Venator (subjectively, for my needs). Perfect shape, lovely buttons (after a bit of modification on the shell), best stock feet ever, best scroll wheel encoder (which I still didn't manage to buy separately anywhere), and so on. Wish there'd be a lightweight wireless version. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]
What did you do to the shell? I love my black one however shape could be a bit better for me.
post #898 of 900 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 05:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Mine would be genuinely perfect too if it didn't come with a crack in the top shell do it creaks everywhere no matter where i grab it. Sent a support message and never got a reply so idk. Might just buy a new one.
post #899 of 900 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by drehmini View Post
I bought this mouse back in April and earlier this month the left mouse button started double clicking.
I contacted Ninox through their helpdesk two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.
I also contacted their Facebook a few days ago, and sent BST a message on Reddit yesterday.

I tried updating the firmware to increase the debounce timing, however I cannot get the firmware to run (I get a cannot open device error message), which is the reason for contact their helpdesk.
Sadly, I don't think increasing the debounce timing will resolve the issue, but I wanted to do due diligence before requesting an RMA from Ninox.
With their lack of response to my ticket, I honestly feel like I should have the mouse RMA'd and let them deal with it..

If someone has any suggestions on getting the firmware to work I'd appreciate it.

Here's the troubleshooting methods I went through:

Steps taken:

1. Switched USB ports from 3.0 to 2.0
2. Tried running as administrator
3. Tried using the Windows Troubleshooter
4. Disabled anti-virus and smartscreen protection
Did you manage to get the firmware update to work/did it help? I got mine mid 2017, and similarly after around a year I started getting double lmb clicks maybe 25-30% of the time and my middle mouse button has been really temperamental - I switched to using a temporary mouse as it was a major annoyance and then I was away for quite a few months so it has taken a while to get around to sorting it out.

Started looking into it as I'd really like to start using my Venator again but I can't seem to get the firmware to update on W10, just get the 'cannot open device' error.
post #900 of 900 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

firmware update

test with another computer it worked, didnt try all usb ports first, still another computer worked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in