Cooler Master MM530 and MM520 - Page 37 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Cooler Master MM530 and MM520

post #361 of 366 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
which mouse feet is the screw under it ?
when you removed the mouse feet were you able to put it back again without needing a new mouse feet ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
About 3 months into owning the Xornet II, MM530 and MM520. I feel at this point I have given each mouse a significant time of use and fully learned the ins and outs of each mouse.

- MM530 got ruled out just because I never seem to be able to aim well with the banana shaped ergo mice (Deathadder, G403, etc). I would say the MM530 is the best ergo mouse I have tried though and it's really nice to have the angle adjustment function to help my issues with the shape.

- Xornet II got ruled out because of the sensor/software/inconsistency issues I had with it. I literally tried EVERYTHING to make this mouse work for me but just couldn't. I find this mouse is fatally flawed right out of the gate solely based on the feature that it has built in where EVERY single time the mouse is powered on (whether you are starting your computer, or resuming from sleep) it will do a surface calibration. That means every day your mouse will be feeling somewhat different than the day before... how the hell are you supposed to build muscle memory and consistency with this feature? There is no way to turn it off either... whether you use the software or even have the software uninstalled. The malfunction speed is also so inconsistent. One day I'll be playing extremely well with the mouse and next day I am suffering from malfunctions left and right even though I changed nothing in the settings? I blame that on the automatic surface calibration feature once again. But enough of all that... this mouse has a great shape but is fatally flawed in a LOT of ways. Sucks....

- MM520.... winner winner chicken dinner. I'll admit I loved the Xornet II shape a lot more in the beginning stages but now I realized that will obviously happen when you constantly switch between the two mice... the smaller one would just feel better. However, once I completely gave up on the Xornet II and dedicated all my time to the MM520, I found that you simply get used to the bigger shape. The MM520 is very grip dependent... if you are not getting this mouse to SOLELY claw grip... then I do not think you are going to have a good time (palm grippers?). I don't know... maybe there are palm grippers here who disagree but I think palming this mouse is horrible. The way the main mouse buttons are on this mouse, if your fingers are on the upper portion of the buttons, you will feel the buttons flexing and it does not feel like a quality mouse... more like a cheap plasticky feeling. However, if you are clawing the mouse and your fingers are placed about 25% of the way down (from the top of the buttons) then it feels JUST right... no flexing, just very nice feeling, spammable, quality clicks. Once you spend a lot of time with this mouse and develop your grip on it, I think this mouse is golden. I tried all sorts of grip styles before I found the right way to hold it for optimal aiming. Disclaimer: I do not use the side buttons on the mouse at all... and if I did, I probably would NOT recommend this mouse because to me they are so high up on the mouse that I can't press them without releasing my preferred grip (in turn losing my ability to aim well). The buttons being high up on the mouse was a blessing for me personally since I DON'T want to use them anyways The quality of the side buttons is also awful. I've never felt such cheap/clunky feeling clicks... they feel like side buttons of a $5 mouse.... totally bizarre considering the great quality of the rest of the mouse....

Anyways... I am absolutely loving the MM520 right now. I am using it on a Razer Gigantus pad @ 1600 DPI and high LOD, surface calibrated for the Gigantus in the software (tried tons of pads by the way, and this was far and above the best combo... I tried the CM Swift RX, Logitech G840, Zowie G-SR, Artisan Shidenkai & Hayate Otsu, Steelseries 4HD, Roccat Alumic, Razer Vespula). Also, this mouse goes on sale for ridiculous prices so often that it is definitely worth checking out if you are interesting in a claw grip mouse.

Last edited by gunit2004; 07-26-2018 at 06:18 PM.
post #363 of 366 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
By the way, I wanted to discuss click latency...

Is it odd that someone would actually LIKE higher click latency? Something I found very odd in my fiddling around with various settings is that I actually like the 32ms setting (the highest you can go) the best for button response time.

And the difference to me personally is night and day... at the lowest setting (4ms) I can't hit the broad side of a barn... (okay that is an exaggeration but my aim still becomes really bad)... at 32ms it feels fantastic. This is playing Overwatch mostly... so I don't know if it would have something to do with the game? I don't know.

This also transferred to other CM mice (the 530 and even the older Xornet II), I found 32ms the best. Something wrong with Coolermaster software or is my brain super slow and 32ms just suits me better?! Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 366 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 02:42 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post

Is it odd that someone would actually LIKE higher click latency? Something I found very odd in my fiddling around with various settings is that I actually like the 32ms setting (the highest you can go) the best for button response time.

And the difference to me personally is night and day... at the lowest setting (4ms) I can't hit the broad side of a barn... (okay that is an exaggeration but my aim still becomes really bad)... at 32ms it feels fantastic. This is playing Overwatch mostly... so I don't know if it would have something to do with the game? I don't know.

This also transferred to other CM mice (the 530 and even the older Xornet II), I found 32ms the best. Something wrong with Coolermaster software or is my brain super slow and 32ms just suits me better?! Lol

Which mouse were you coming from? If you're used to higher click latency adjusting to the lower one will take some getting used to.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
post #365 of 366 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post

what you can change click latency? what an interesting feature! been sitting on the fence about this mouse, mm530 or 531 ?
post #366 of 366 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Got the mm520 just a couple of days ago and while shape is the best I've ever used there is quite a bit of lateral movement on LMB. Is there any way to solve this without opening up the mouse? I already removed the weight and unfortunately have no other spare feet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in