Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless charging technology - Page 25 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless charging technology

post #241 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Buy Deoxit D5 with the spray straw, carefully pull the mouse button lever up and position the straw so that it depresses the microswitch and spray a liberal amount into the microswitch, then shake the mouse around all over, press the button alot, then spray it again.

This will fix double clicking.
Thanks for the tip!

Right now i just fixed the skipping issue on both left and right button by unplugging an extra wifi adapter i had plugged in a usb port.
It was obvious it was interfering as now there's no skipping issue at all.

I have a wireless nintendo gamepad that's why i had the extra wifi adapter, can i use the logitech adapter with other devices as it looks i cant use other wifi adapters simultaneously as they fight each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 418 (Unique: 293)
Quote: Originally Posted by gavros777 View Post
Thanks for the tip!

Right now i just fixed the skipping issue on both left and right button by unplugging an extra wifi adapter i had plugged in a usb port.
It was obvious it was interfering as now there's no skipping issue at all.

I have a wireless nintendo gamepad that's why i had the extra wifi adapter, can i use the logitech adapter with other devices as it looks i cant use other wifi adapters simultaneously as they fight each other.
Ah glad you fixed it.
I wasn't aware about your wireless problem. My tip was for those who were using it wired and had repeatable intermittent click contacts (aka double click but its not really a doubleclick, it's the switch breaking the connection internally).

Deoxit D5 is a nonconductive contact cleaner that helps improve contacts on metals and circuits. If there is dirt or inpurities on the copper or tin leaf switch (whatever metal its made of), Deoxit will improve the connection and prevent the problem.

Remember how buttons work.
There is always an electrical connection in a button. Pressing the button sets the ground on, reducing the voltage to 0v. This is how the button knows it's being depressed.
If there is a short in the connection, it severs it.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #243 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've been through 4 g900/903 mice by the way and all of them developed issues within weeks. The 4th one took over a year to develop issues and it turned out it was the extra wifi adapter i started using the source of the problem.

One extra thing i did which i believe helped my g903 was the use of an earthing mousepad. I read static electricity eventually ruins the electronics of the mouse and an earthing mouse pad helps avoid such thing.
One more thing i noticed is the battery life of my g903 lasts longer and sometimes which seems crazy in the software the battery appears to gain power instead of losing(could be a glitch lol).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
I've been through 4 g900/903 mice by the way and all of them developed issues within weeks. The 4th one took over a year to develop issues and it turned out it was the extra wifi adapter i started using the source of the problem.

One extra thing i did which i believe helped my g903 was the use of an earthing mousepad. I read static electricity eventually ruins the electronics of the mouse and an earthing mouse pad helps avoid such thing.
One more thing i noticed is the battery life of my g903 lasts longer and sometimes which seems crazy in the software the battery appears to gain power instead of losing(could be a glitch lol).
Just saw a video on what an earthing mouse pad is.

***. I don't get it...

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #245 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
Just saw a video on what an earthing mouse pad is.

***. I don't get it...
It works like an antistatic wristband, they say it promotes good health by removing dirty static electricity from the body. I just found it to be good for my mouse too.
post #246 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 04:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ah glad you fixed it.
I wasn't aware about your wireless problem. My tip was for those who were using it wired and had repeatable intermittent click contacts (aka double click but its not really a doubleclick, it's the switch breaking the connection internally).

Deoxit D5 is a nonconductive contact cleaner that helps improve contacts on metals and circuits. If there is dirt or inpurities on the copper or tin leaf switch (whatever metal its made of), Deoxit will improve the connection and prevent the problem.

Remember how buttons work.
There is always an electrical connection in a button. Pressing the button sets the ground on, reducing the voltage to 0v. This is how the button knows it's being depressed.
If there is a short in the connection, it severs it.
Mouse skipping is gone for good but i get an occasional double click every now and then so i'll be doing your method eventually.

Is there any video on youtube about it by the way, i'm not sure where the microswitch is and i'm afraid i might break something.
post #247 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 05:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mouse skipping is gone for good but i get an occasional double click every now and then so i'll be doing your method eventually.

Is there any video on youtube about it by the way, i'm not sure where the microswitch is and i'm afraid i might break something.
You won't break anything. You just need to pull the mouse lever up enough for the straw to push the microswitch plunger down so the cleaning agent can get into the switch. Yes it will take some force.
No there is no video on it. It's probably easier if you had a 2nd person slightly pulling up on the plunger for you so you can use both hands to get perfect positioning with the straw but its best to just do it yourself (yes it can be done).

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #248 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

You won't break anything. You just need to pull the mouse lever up enough for the straw to push the microswitch plunger down so the cleaning agent can get into the switch. Yes it will take some force.
No there is no video on it. It's probably easier if you had a 2nd person slightly pulling up on the plunger for you so you can use both hands to get perfect positioning with the straw but its best to just do it yourself (yes it can be done).
Fingers crossed lol thanks for the encouragement i'll give it a try!
post #249 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Fingers crossed lol thanks for the encouragement i'll give it a try!
Basically, the button cover" (the black spring loaded button presser) is covering the microswitch so you need to pull it up just enough to allow room for the straw to get to the center of the microswitch plunger itself. Then the straw itself needs to press down on the little microswitch plunger so it makes the click. That way there is now a 'gap' available between the microswitch housing and the little microswitch plunger, so when you spray the deoxit (on lowest spray setting), it will go through the gap and into the housing. If the straw isnt 'clicking' the button, then there's no way way get the fluid in. it's really self explanatory. Make sure you do both buttons for good measure. It may take several applications to make sure it's cleaned.

post #250 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Yes

Rep: 143 (Unique: 116)
Just saw this. Some one on Reddit bought a 3mm sheet of cork board and made a spacer so he could use larger mouse pads with the power mat. Pretty sweet idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/c...lay_mouse_pad/

Classy Glassy
(17 items)
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
RTX 2080 FE
RAM
Corsair Vengence RGB Pro
Hard Drive
Intel 520 Series
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive
Seagate Baracudda
Power Supply
850W Silverstone Decathlon
Cooling
EK M8G Monoblock
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX 2080 RGB
Case
Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit
Monitor
2 x Dell U2414H
Keyboard
Filco Majestouch Tactile Click "Otaku" NKRO
Mouse
Logitech G900
Mouse
SteelSeries QcK Heavy
Audio
Cambridge Audio Magic DAC
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in