Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless charging technology - Page 26 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless charging technology

post #251 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Basically, the button cover" (the black spring loaded button presser) is covering the microswitch so you need to pull it up just enough to allow room for the straw to get to the center of the microswitch plunger itself. Then the straw itself needs to press down on the little microswitch plunger so it makes the click. That way there is now a 'gap' available between the microswitch housing and the little microswitch plunger, so when you spray the deoxit (on lowest spray setting), it will go through the gap and into the housing. If the straw isnt 'clicking' the button, then there's no way way get the fluid in. it's really self explanatory. Make sure you do both buttons for good measure. It may take several applications to make sure it's cleaned.
I tried but it was hard to impossible to do it correctly and i got d5 fluid into the scrolling wheel too by mistake which made it malfunctioning from now on.

I was planning to rma it anyways, thanks for the learning experience you gave me even though i made a mess lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 255 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 395 (Unique: 282)
Quote: Originally Posted by gavros777 View Post
I tried but it was hard to impossible to do it correctly and i got d5 fluid into the scrolling wheel too by mistake which made it malfunctioning from now on.

I was planning to rma it anyways, thanks for the learning experience you gave me even though i made a mess lol.
The scrolling wheel will work again when its fully dried off of it.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #253 of 255 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
I reduced the weight of my G403W to 72grams. Same could be done to a G703

pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 255 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:13 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by gavros777 View Post
It works like an antistatic wristband, they say it promotes good health by removing dirty static electricity from the body. I just found it to be good for my mouse too.
I found using a cork base equally as good.

Tried using those cable connectors to metal bases and it seems to fail with me. Never noticed anything different at all whilst using any mouse.

Found that most products produced today is quite good at removing most of the static electricity and besides I have a wooden floors in the house, so this pad you're advocating would probably suit those that live inside a carpeted or vinyl covered floor.
post #255 of 255 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 23)
So the new G703 is lighter and slightly improved battery life.

Does anyone know yet if they changed the scroll wheel encoder and main switches to something more reliable?

Also, why does the G903 get 5x more battery life? A bit of a let down here, was expecting battery life like the GPW. Guess that's the $50 difference.

Last edited by frunction; 06-12-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in