New Hyperx Fury S Mousepad - Stitched Edges - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Hyperx Fury S Mousepad - Stitched Edges

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Would the stitched edge (being more rounded) alleviate the issue of the texture on braided cables dragging across the edge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanCorana View Post

stitched edges mad.gif makes pad feels smaller

also it's smaller than the fury pro it seems 45x40 vs 50x42

Its the exact same size, at least the Large version.

Both are 450mm(width) x 400mm(height). I dont know about the desktop size version since i've never used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

I get the sticky feel with many other mousepads once they wear out. but G-SR is definitely one of the worst in that regard IME.

Me too! Im currently using the Fnatic Focus Gaming Mousepad - Desktop Size version. This is a cloth pad without any coating. Im sure i will not get the sticky feeling, altough i prefer the coating ones because the glide just seems more "easy" and fast, i dont know how to explain it...

But yeah i also get the sticky feeling after sometimes, especially when there is sweat from the hands/arms involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomguy View Post

Would the stitched edge (being more rounded) alleviate the issue of the texture on braided cables dragging across the edge?

yes, i guess so. I will be getting a Fury S Large soon enough, i will let you know!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So, i dont recommend the pad, at all.

First, this is one of the worst stitching i've seen on any pad, by far. Such a bad quality on the stitching... Not to mention, it was already going bad when i opened the box of the pad (brand new).

Also, the feel of the pad is quite different, its more "cloth", i dont feel the coating so much, maybe because its brand new.

The bottom of the pad is also different, and the pad seems thiner, all of that makes the feel of the pad different, while on the old the pad had some thickness and if was "soft" if you punch in the pad with your hand, this one looks thiner and "harder".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The stitching on mine is the best I've ever seen. You definitely got a bad one.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyFromDaSea View Post

The stitching on mine is the best I've ever seen. You definitely got a bad one.

Really? Post some pictures if you can smile.gif

Maybe yeah i got a bad one. As you can see, its a really bad stitching out of the box.

Also how do you like it when compared to the old version without stitching?

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmrs View Post

Really? Post some pictures if you can smile.gif

Maybe yeah i got a bad one. As you can see, its a really bad stitching out of the box.

Also how do you like it when compared to the old version without stitching?

This is the best my phone can muster.

Q450q8K.jpg

t0W3F9B.jpg

mjx81xU.jpg

Edit: I mainly consider it the best I've ever used because the stitching lays perfectly flat with the rubber underneath. It practically laid perfectly flat for me right from the get go.

Hopefully it's just that you got a bad one and not that I got one of the only good ones. D:
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Linux Lobbyist

hyperx is a serius branding.. will be easy to rma that one
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 11:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is this pad (standard version) comfrotable to rest my wrist? Soft? I have Roccat Taito control but it a very rough pad.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 17)
Been using the pad for 1 and 1/2 months now. Replaced my G-SR. The build quality on mine is perfect and so far the stiching / surface does not show any signs of wear. Glide has gotten a tad bid slower, but I isn't 'sticky' at all for me. Coming from a G-SR I know what people mean by that, even though the G-SR tends to be sticky in humid conditions (i.e. during the summer) only. Also very consistent glide. The base of the pad is rock solid and really sticks to my desk, something the newer G-SR editions (stiched edges, I also own 2 of the old ones with unstiched edges) struggled with. Can't tell if the rubber base contains air bubbles or not due to the stiching. Feels very smooth and flat, no ripples or 'waves'.
The pad is flat out of the box, even though it comes rolled up. Don't know how they managed that, but the stiching seems to be more flexible than on the G-SR and other pads I own. I also noticed that this pad is _a lot_ heavier than other pads of the exact sime size. That might contribute to it being flat out of the box.

Last but not least, this pad comes cheap compared to other pads fromt the competition. It is great value. Got mine for 20€ and a G-SR is like 35€...almost double...
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Anyone knows if the Shroud version, is same as the Black or the Speed versions' surface?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in