Razer Jugan, a refresh of the very first Abyssus - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Jugan, a refresh of the very first Abyssus

post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 301 (Unique: 220)
Buttons are not split from top shell. Instant no buy. No side buttons, what is it? 1995?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 01:40 PM
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~

Rep: 157 (Unique: 67)
I'm actually using a PM94 Abyssus 3.5G with it's top portion replaced with the top portion of the Salmosa 3G right now upsidedwnsmiley.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's for browsing though.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 34 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

No side buttons, what is it? 1995?
Not everyone needs them mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

I'm actually using a PM94 Abyssus 3.5G with it's top portion replaced with the top portion of the Salmosa 3G right now upsidedwnsmiley.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's for browsing though.
Pics please! I love frankenmice.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud

Mouse & mouse pad reviewer at TechPowerUp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~

Rep: 157 (Unique: 67)
I guess there's a misunderstanding. The salmosa 3G and abyssus 3.5g use almost exactly the same pcb. They are interchangeable. So that's easily swappable. The shells are the same way.

The part compatibility between each other is why an asian only Salmosa 3.5G was released. Since that was literally just Razer putting the Abyssus 3.5G into leftover(possibly) Salmosa shells.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 68 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1namis View Post

Original Abyssus popular in CIS, many eSports veterans absolutely loves it.
Cooller and Cypher - both used Original Abyssus along ago.

I forgot I was supposed to automatically like it if pro gamers think it's good. /s

But, yeah, should've pointed out that what I say is my opinion. Should've learned that lesson by now...
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 08:15 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

I forgot I was supposed to automatically like it if pro gamers think it's good. /s

But, yeah, should've pointed out that what I say is my opinion. Should've learned that lesson by now...

Never join any crowd particularly when they are young and gullible. Usually any fascination with any released mouse model is very short here, so thinking that it must be something worshiped and used by everyone in the world is extremely naive.

The ONLY mouse worth using is the one that suits your own purposes whether it's for gaming, 3d rendering, office work or web browsing.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Mouse reviewer

Rep: 405 (Unique: 238)
I always liked the shape of my old Abyssus, but the sensor was too jittery. If this is available for cheap I might give it a try.

But I'm still laughing at the marketing term General human ergonomic design biggrin.gif
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Tech addict

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

I always liked the shape of my old Abyssus, but the sensor was too jittery. If this is available for cheap I might give it a try.

But I'm still laughing at the marketing term General human ergonomic design biggrin.gif

Yeah me too. I actually quite liked it many years back, and I think it was my best ever claw grip mouse with large hands (I've since moved to palm grip due to being unable to find another decent claw grip mouse that doesn't hurt my large hands). Outside of the sensor issues and the failing clicks, it was a pretty nice mouse. I'm intrigued *rubs hands together*
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:37 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 34 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

I guess there's a misunderstanding. The salmosa 3G and abyssus 3.5g use almost exactly the same pcb. They are interchangeable. So that's easily swappable. The shells are the same way.

The part compatibility between each other is why an asian only Salmosa 3.5G was released. Since that was literally just Razer putting the Abyssus 3.5G into leftover(possibly) Salmosa shells.

Ah, yeah, makes sense, thanks. tongue.gif

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud

Mouse & mouse pad reviewer at TechPowerUp
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Wouldn't this be a potential flat side candidate for the G100s replacement if the sensor is good? Except for the 1mm reducement in height.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in