Razer Jugan, a refresh of the very first Abyssus - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Jugan, a refresh of the very first Abyssus

post #61 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 09:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Always wanted old Abyssus shape with better sensor!!! Ordered it today instantly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:59 AM
dissatisfied laypleb

Rep: 3 (Unique: 1)
I've owned and own a lot of mice (a huge number, preference is small/medium ambidextrous mice). I actually really like the Jugan (£30 off aliexpress or was), the sensor movement feels really damn responsive and shape is really good (a good sized bottom to grip). I had to sandpaper the bejeebus off M1 for it to not give me wrist pain (like seriously worrying, tingling, pain in the wirst multiple times etc). I also made some ghetto split buttons using a sharp knife to reduce the tension from the rest of the shell. The stock M1/M2 buttons are insanely difficult to press, it's crazy. You think it's nice and tactile for about 15 minutes when you first get the mouse but it's literally unusable and will destroy your wrist. In contrast the Coolermaster Mastermouse S whilst an awesome shape and decent clicks (new version), the sensor just feels awful and buttons unresponsive to the point where it's noticeable in gameplay at least IME. You can just setup the mouse using Synapse and uninstall the software with no ill-effects (unlike the Coolermaster software which definitely does something janky).

It's obvious Razer cheaped out a bit on the build quality (no individual screws holding the PCB to the shell) but equally the main screw holding the top shell to the bottom does a good job of securing the PCB. I wouldn't buy this mouse without accepting the need to do some modifications (probably worth securing the sensor to the bottom shell using double sided tape too), but after you're done it's really decent!

Warning: Mouse gore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	268138  

cool
(12 items)
CPU
i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz 1.4V
Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX-ac
GPU
AMD Vega 54 w/ Morpheus II VGA heatsink & 64 BIOS
RAM
Patriot Viper 2 x 8 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM @ 3500 CL16
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG SM951 256GB NVMe
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB
Power Supply
Seasonic SSR-850FX - Focus Plus Gold 850W
Monitor
Alienware AW2518HF 240hz
Keyboard
CM Masterkeys Pro S w/ Kailh Box Blacks
Mouse
G303, G100s, FK, G403, G203, Abyssus V1, Venator, Aurora, ZA13, EC2, Kinzu V2, Kinzu V3, Kana V2, KPO, Rival, Rival 310, Sensei 310
Mousepad
Qck Heavy, Qck+, Shidenkai, G440, Hayate Otsu, Hien
Audio
Philips Fidelio X2s
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Jonny321321; 05-04-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in