Thoughts on Thermaltake TteSports Ventus R? - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thoughts on Thermaltake TteSports Ventus R?

post #31 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Ventus R, when Lod is set to the highest level, when I turn the mouse left and right,aim was unintentionally swaying a little bit. On the other hand Lod was set to medium or low, this phenomenon disappeared and there was no spin-out. I think the Ventus R is a pretty good mouse for those who prefer a lightweight little mouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
Well I sent Tt a message regarding if I could get a review copy and they didn't answer anything, and I don't really have the money to buy one right now.
I've sent a message to the local main resellers, and we'll see.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #33 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
How does the open honey comb design in the back feel in the hand? Does it provide airflow for those that have sweaty hands while gaming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
It feels like a little racecar, nice lines and well built, but the mousewheeel is a bit too far back. The shape imo is very good, g100s level (to me god tier). It feels very small, the hump is tight and high, the buttons are wide and feel good (comfort grooves) and the base has an inward curve from the rear the front, kinda like the avior, takes some getting used to. Ive changed the cabl on mine because the stock cable was wayy too stiff also got it down to 62g.

They didnt answer you probably becausee you need to be some kind of tech journalist or have a youtube channel to get free samples?

Currently I believe the palm grill provides a bit of breathability but at the cost of gripping surface, not sure if i like it or not but its not too important.
post #35 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 47)
Well damn how did I miss this? Will have to pick one up.

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
post #36 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Anyone know how far the mouse wheel is compare to G303 and G Pro? I find G Pro mouse wheel way too far, and G303 is just right.
post #37 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 05:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 35)
I just got mine and this will be my new daily mouse, despite it being ugly as sin. The shape isn't 100% perfect, but it's very close to my G100S, has side buttons, and a good scroll. I would recommend this mouse over the GPRO for the ppl looking to upgrade from the G100s.

• Software is very confusing, in the sense of being poorly laid out and labeled. It has your typical LED settings, DPI, Macros, etc. But it also allows me to set a very low LOD and set 4ms-32ms click latency. I did the bump test, and this mouse is only 1ms behind the G100s, which is rated at 1ms on the click latency chart. So if you were to put this on the latency chart, it would be around 2ms. If you're confused how that works out, the latency chart uses a specific mouse as it's baseline latency to measure others. It's not entirely accurate, as it's X is faster than Y by Zms.

• On-board memory, so you can uninstall/close software when you're done saving settings. The software places some annoying overlay on your screen when you use the M4/M5 back/forward buttons. You can kill the process for it and it goes away, just look in task manager.

• L/R clicks feel good, middle ground between a Zowie and GPRO. They're the perfect force to actuate, but they do feel a tiny bit mushy if you're use to the crispy huano clicks from Zowie. You get use to it after a few hours and it feels fine. Buttons have grooves for your fingers.

• The scroll wheel feels nearly like the GPRO, but more resistance. It's leagues better than Zowie scroll. The scroll click feels great, not sure the type of switch it uses, but it's like a silenced switch. I prefer the scroll click over my Zowie and G102.

• The shape reminds me of an FK2 with a wider base. Like that thin pencil feel of the FK series, but a bit wider base towards the center and back. The shape is very robust, as towards the front it's extremely thin, towards the middle it starts to flare out, and towards the back it feels like the G100s. The thing is, all positions feel comfortable to me, as I can place my hand anywhere I choose and it feels natural. I think if you're a fingertip, or fingertip hybrid, you will love this mouse if you're chasing a small shape.

• Side buttons feel good, maybe a tiny bit too stiff. The M5 button is badly placed if you grip towards the center with your thumb, if you grip the sides more forward, it's positioned well. The buttons are also positioned towards the top, so they don't get in your way at all like the GPRO does. There is plenty of space to comfortably position your thumb, unlike the GPRO.

• The coating is a very aggressive anti-sweat coating. It reminds me exactly of the Logitech coating. The sides are not rubber but a shiny plastic that has a pattern cut into it. I felt it got a bit slippery on the sides when my hand got warm and started to sweat a bit. I plan to throw some gun tape on the sides.

• Sensor feels great. I would even say it feels better than my FK1, as apparently they both use the same PIXART PMW-3310 sensor. It could also just be that I'm using new skates, opposed to the FK1 that has worn out skates. Playing games I don't notice any issues with my tracking, it feels natural.

• Mouse skates are surprisingly good quality. I usually want to replace all mouse feet right away with hyperglides, but these are extremely good.

• Cable is very stiff. Probably one of the worst cables I've ever had. It's a very stiff plastic. The thing is though, the mouse is so light, I don't even notice the cable in my bungee. Even with the cable hanging freely on the desk, it doesn't bother me despite how bad it is.

• The mouse overall feels very sturdy, especially for how light it is. The right side has a tiny bit of flex/creek if you squeeze it, but the area it happens in is very tiny, and I can't always reproduce it. Sometimes it doesn't do it, other times it does. For instance, I just tried to replicate it, and I can't get it to creek. Maybe I bent it into place? Who knows.

• Sensor position looks dead center to me.

• Shaking it has a tiny rattle, but can only notice if I put my ear up to the mouse. Very good.

Photos:

post #38 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 33 (Unique: 23)
Did you notice the alleged sensor lift-off bug (http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/51506-ventus-r-optical-gaming-mouse-owners-club/&) at the lowest LOD setting?

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
post #39 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcd View Post

Did you notice the alleged sensor lift-off bug (http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/51506-ventus-r-optical-gaming-mouse-owners-club/&) at the lowest LOD setting?

No jitter when I pick it up and I have it set to the lowest. Mine did do a firmware update as soon as I launched the software. Also, that thread mentions a request to add LOD to the software and is quite old. The software does have LOD settings now.

Edit: Added photos. If you guys want anything else, or test, etc.. lmk.
post #40 of 151 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGY View Post

How does the open honey comb design in the back feel in the hand? Does it provide airflow for those that have sweaty hands while gaming?

You can't feel it, I have sweaty hands, no problems is pretty comfortable.

I glad this mouse is getting the attention that deserves, I mean I not a fan boy I use what it works for me and I know there is bunch of people searching for the features I find on this mouse.

Thermaltake wasn't my go to, some of their mice are horrible looking IMO and laser base, but this mouse is a step in the right direction, I recommend over the G Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in