New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 216 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #2151 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:12 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 89 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by akama View Post
@bst Any info on the weight of the mouse with honeycomb shells? Might be too early to answer.
Not sure yet, CAD said it takes about 8g off, so not huge. But I'll be printing a few things soon, I'll post the weight reductions when I've got them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2152 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
Not sure yet, CAD said it takes about 8g off, so not huge. But I'll be printing a few things soon, I'll post the weight reductions when I've got them.
You have the final product yet? Really excited! ^-^

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #2153 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i think its a 2020 thing now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2154 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Ukkooh View Post
Is the secret feature mentioned in the new update for the astrum or an upcoming product? Sounds interesting either way.
Its for the Astrum, a free bonus, and it's optional. Its for enthusiasts, mostly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
Really curious to hear what feature hasn’️t been used in a mouse yet ^-^
Its an enthusiast/DIY thing, so its not something a big company would do, so I think that's why it hasn't happened before. Its basically something I think the enthusiast community will like.

To be honest, I regretted mentioning it shortly after, there was no real need, you'll see it soon anyway. I remembered I hate keeping a secret when people know I'm keeping one. Its much easier when people don't know [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
My guess is this mean it will be flashable like an Arduino where you can modify the source code to your liking? That would be a nice feature
post #2155 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:18 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 171 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhys7 View Post
i think its a 2020 thing now
Why not, as long as it's still coming and not vanishing into the depths of 'what might of been'.

This mouse can come out into the Light of Day whenever it chooses. It will be a very timid creature that needs our care and attention when it shows itself.

Looking forward to it's eventual arrival on our Desks and Gaming Pads.
post #2156 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Why not, as long as it's still coming and not vanishing into the depths of 'what might of been'.

This mouse can come out into the Light of Day whenever it chooses. It will be a very timid creature that needs our care and attention when it shows itself.

Looking forward to it's eventual arrival on our Desks and Gaming Pads.
yeah i get you, id rather wait and it be right than it be rushed...

but i got huge hands and i play left handed so youll never feel my pain
post #2157 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 12:17 PM

@bst - So you posted on the 11th it would be 1-2 weeks, do you have any updates?

Intel i7 8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB @ 4000 MHz | Asus RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC | 2x Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic (White)
ZOWIE by BenQ XL2546 | Intellimouse 3.0 Pro w/CeeSA Paracord | QUAD GAMING the mouse rock | Artisan Ninja FX Zero SOFT XL | Ducky One 2 Horizon TKL (Cherry MX Red)
Backing the Ninox Astrum: 2x Nebula, Redshift, Luna & 1x Black Knight, Dilithium, Plutonium
post #2158 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 171 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhys7 View Post
but i got huge hands and i play left handed so youll never feel my pain
I started out as a "Leftie" but eventually switched over to the other side.

No regrets whatsoever because this is after all the RIGHTie world of play here. Knew that one day the Right's will kill off all Leftie's hence was better off changing arms than sticking with a dying decision to remain on the left side.

Not fair I know, but this is the World we are all currently forced to live in. Until that changes, you are forced to adapt or fall by the way side.
post #2159 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
...what?
post #2160 of 2188 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:28 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 89 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by empyr View Post
@bst - So you posted on the 11th it would be 1-2 weeks, do you have any updates?
They've finished the tooling, which took a while because they're busy. Its really annoying because the factory will give the standard time it takes, then if that changes (like, they book it in and it turns out it'll take longer), they don't tell me.

They also wanted some changes to the PCB after the tooling was finished, and my engineer was away on business so he didn't get round to making the changes for a while (I only sent the factory the new PCB designs yesterday).

The other thing is I'm going to test the microchip direct chip programming, since its what will be used in manufacturing. Basically you send the firmware with the order of the MCUs, and they are programmed with it. So far I've been just manually updating the FW, so I haven't tried their service yet. I am waiting for new FW from my engineer at the moment, when I get that I can order the MCUs, which take about 3 days to get to the factory.

So how long it takes depends on three things: The time it takes the factory to make the PCBs, the time it takes my engineer to send me the new FW, and the time it takes Microchip to send the MCUs.

Hopefully, these will be the last changes needed, so the mouse will be final after I get these samples. While the mouse with reviewers, it'll be FCC/CE tested, which should be easy. Then it'll be ready to be mass produced, which will take 1.5-2 months. It might take a little longer, because it's a new model for them and they'll probably want to figure out how best to manufacture it on the production line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in