New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 220 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #2191 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Yeah wish the sample models could be delivered to mouse reviewers at least so that we could get the videos up while waiting for it to be finished. Bought myself an FK2 since the waiting time was too long, decent shape and further strengthens my love for bumps in the middle but I need that WMO shape in Astrum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am getting a bit impatient myself.
post #2193 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
i understand making something is a tricky process. but every time there is a semi-emo story followed by it is nearly finished just last touches, will be with reviewers in 2 weeks. and then dead silence for months. and then he comes up with a sob story about how this happened and that happened and this needs to be changed blah blah. i mean if its a one off sure, stuff happens but if u keep doing the same thing again and again, you are jeopardising your credibility. pro tip: never promise something unless you are 500 percent sure u can deliver.

Last edited by rain85; 07-25-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2194 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:08 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by ATH-YF View Post
If that's the latest model release by BST then my wallet is bursting at the seams to buy several here.

This is perhaps the nicest looking IO replication yet made.

PLEASE pursue this shape and supply it to MAX Gaming as soon as possible for sale.

Really proud how you have listened and of course presented a very nice shape for those that still remember the famous Microsoft version from all those years ago. Most here on OCN weren't even born during that time period.

Also PLEASE no poking silly holes in your design listening to ignorant fools about making it lighter, time for those with limp wrists to work out and put some muscle on themselves, if they want to seriously Game and use this mouse. Making something so light that it eventually floats in mid air becomes ludicrous and silly, without any merit whatsoever.

If you want it to become Lighter in any way try making the shell out of Carbon Fiber, which in itself would make it the most unique design in the World today (without needing any stupid holes in the shell). I would buy it regardless of the costs involved.
post #2195 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ATH-YF View Post

If that's the latest model release by BST then my wallet is bursting at the seams to buy several here.

This is perhaps the nicest looking IO replication yet made.

PLEASE pursue this shape and supply it to MAX Gaming as soon as possible for sale.

Really proud how you have listened and of course presented a very nice shape for those that still remember the famous Microsoft version from all those years ago. Most here on OCN weren't even born during that time period.

Also PLEASE no poking silly holes in your design listening to ignorant fools about making it lighter, time for those with limp wrists to work out and put some muscle on them selves, if they want to serious Game and use this mouse. Making something so light that it eventually floats in mid air becomes ludicrous and silly, without any merit whatsoever.

If you want it to become Lighter in any way try making the shell out of Carbon Fiber, which in itself would make it the most unique design in the World today (without needing any stupid holes in the shell). I would buy it regardless of the costs involved.
FFS, man. It’s ok to dislike holes in mice and think that lightweight mice are a superior experience at the same time. Aside from a user with Parkinson’s, I’ve honestly not heard of one legitimate and/or logical argument which gives a single advantage to heavier mice. Personal preference is by definition, purely subjective. I don’t like holes either, but I’m sure as **** glad lightweight mice are a thing. I can’t wait for the XM1 to be available.
post #2196 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Is there any update on this mouse, this time frame is getting a bit insane, like i don't even know my indigo go account name i hope it just gets sent to the address i put in when i ordered.
post #2197 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by muso View Post
Is there any update on this mouse, this time frame is getting a bit insane, like i don't even know my indigo go account name i hope it just gets sent to the address i put in when i ordered.
im losing all hope...no idea whats going on
post #2198 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by rain85 View Post
i understand making something is a tricky process. but every time there is a semi-emo story followed by it is nearly finished just last touches, will be with reviewers in 2 weeks. and then dead silence for months. and then he comes up with a sob story about how this happened and that happened and this needs to be changed blah blah. i mean if its a one off sure, stuff happens but if u keep doing the same thing again and again, you are jeopardising your credibility. pro tip: never promise something unless you are 500 percent sure u can deliver.
His last post on this very forum was 20 days ago. That's not exactly "silence for months". Sure, an update would be appreciated.
post #2199 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Astrum timeline expected tools and testing to be done by end of Jan 2019, with an update on 12/06/2018 stating 70% complete. Eight months and counting to complete last 30%? Did he scrap the initial design and come up with something completely new? I suggest hiring a qualified project manager in future endeavors.
post #2200 of 2410 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 26)
do you have money to hire people ?
yea , its annoying that it took so long , but hey ... wayne ... Im sure we will get the mouse ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in