New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 223 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #2221 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Could we get an update on this project? @bst Just curious to read where everything is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:16 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 90 (Unique: 50)
I should be getting some samples quite soon. Just hoping they done everything I asked for. If they did, then the actual mouse itself will be finished. There will still be things to do, but at least I can show the mouse and send some out for reviewers to have a look at.

The thing is the project isn't really stuck, I mean its not like there's some problem that hasn't been solved, its simply that they take ages to adjust the tooling. They work on it at a snails pace, and there's not much I can do about it. That's been the problem for months now. I explain it more in this post.

They said it would be ready last week, so they aren't far away. I'm guessing this week it'll be ready, then they have to post the samples.
post #2223 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
@bst Any chance you could publish the click latency figures for the astrum using bloodys software?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2224 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 11:26 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by gipetto View Post
@bst Any chance you could publish the click latency figures for the astrum using bloodys software?
I'll do it when the new PCB comes, that'll be the final one so best one to test it on. Should be in a few days. Last time I tested it vs the Venator it was around 8-12ms faster, was surprising. Hope its still the same!
post #2225 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:10 AM
SD2
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey I'm thinking about pre-ordering the luna grey one. Do you by any chance have some pictures of it other than the one on the site?
post #2226 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
I'll do it when the new PCB comes, that'll be the final one so best one to test it on. Should be in a few days. Last time I tested it vs the Venator it was around 8-12ms faster, was surprising. Hope its still the same!
How many prototypes will you send out? And whom is going to recieve one / if you have a list of "reviewers" already?

Intel i7 8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB @ 4000 MHz | Asus RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC | 2x Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic (White)
ZOWIE by BenQ XL2546 | G-Wolves Sköll w/Paracord | QUAD GAMING the mouse rock | Artisan Ninja FX Hein MID XL (Wine Red) | Ducky One 2 Horizon TKL (w/Cherry MX Red & Tai-Hao Custom Keycaps)
Backing the Ninox Astrum: 2x Nebula, Redshift, Luna & 1x Black Knight, Dilithium, Plutonium
post #2227 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 01:41 PM
bst
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by SD2 View Post
Hey I'm thinking about pre-ordering the luna grey one. Do you by any chance have some pictures of it other than the one on the site?
I should be getting all the colours soon, I've had to get the colours redone because the factory changed suppliers. I will post up photos as soon as I have them.

If you're curious about the shade of grey, it's very similar to Audi Nardo Grey, but more of a matte due to it being rubber.
Like this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/ad...416ba8f537.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by empyr View Post
How many prototypes will you send out? And whom is going to recieve one / if you have a list of "reviewers" already?
They haven't told me how many prototypes yet, it should be at least 8, since there are 8 colours. I do have a list of reviewers, but I have been holding off contacting them yet, I'm waiting to see how many I get. If you have any reviewers who you'd like to see, let me know.

I still like RJN, I'm going to ignore the whole FM/Glorious etc thing I think the mouse is probably too large for him, but I do think he'll do a decent job reviewing it.
Also it'd be nice for these people to review it: menismyforte, justnvc, randomfrankp, there was also prosettings.net, for text based review. I kind of want to send a black knight to jayztwocents since he's making a dark knight build PC it'd go well with, I know he's not a mouse reviewer per se, but well I just like him, and its nice to hear from someone who isn't 'really' into mice if you know what I mean, just for another perspective. But idk if he'll be interested. In the same kind of vein, linus tech tips would be nice too. But idk if these larger youtubers like doing crowdfunded stuff until its actually done.

There are others who I'll send out to if I have enough.

They won't really be "proper" reviews, since they'll be pre-production mice, anything that they think should be changed, can be. It'd be nice for them to do a follow up on the final production mouse when it comes out.
post #2228 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:38 PM
SD2
New to Overclock.net

Alright I'll wait for the photos before pre-ordering then, thanks for the info. You could also sell shapes that are in high demand on your website in the future (ie if enough people want grippy sides you could sell those on the site).

Last edited by SD2; 09-02-2019 at 08:20 AM.
post #2229 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:16 PM
SD2
New to Overclock.net

I think for the reviewers, Brandon Taylor and Badseed Tech would both be really good. Their reviews are good quality and I think they'd do a great job reviewing your mouse.
post #2230 of 2410 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:25 PM
✔️

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
I'd love to see Beardedbob review it. His reviewing style is a bit different from the more mainstream ones.

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770k
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
Club3D R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 128gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X Backplate
Cooling
EK-Supremacy Acetal + Nickel
Cooling
5x Scythe Gentlle typhoon 1850rpm
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240
Cooling
EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal + Nickel Full Cover
Cooling
EK ZMT 16/10MM tubing
Cooling
10x EK-CSQ Fitting 10/16mm
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro English 64-bit
Monitor
Acer V233h
Monitor
BenQ XL2430T
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 2
Mouse
Ninox Aurora
Mouse
Roccat Taito King-size 3mm
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360
Audio
Creative Gigaworks T3
Other
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Audio
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in