New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 247 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #2461 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 04:35 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
Hi all, I received a new sample yesterday. I think the mouse is finally finished

To the people who think I'm making money out of this, I'm not, at least not now and not any time soon.
Forget about those face-clowns, they're idiots and aren't worth wasting time on in any way.

It's only if it sells regularly that I could even begin to think about making anything from it personally. I still enjoy bringing something new to life, but if I had known how long this would take, and how hard it would be, there's no way I would have done it.
YES, most here on this forum about 99.9% would never do what you do, ever in their life time. Hence you are one up on most of us here on this forum. Very easy to be petty and nasty towards anyone here it's the online sickness masquerading as 'information' which in fact it mostly isn't. It's all about attacking someone either because the attacker is linked to another adversary whom doesn't like what you are doing or will try and stop the release of your design.

Never underestimate the dirtiness of people, it's mostly in their DNA from birth. Some always feel better when they insult and tear someone else down, it's how they maintain their own pathetic standing in Life which basically isn't much of anything, if anyone actually confronts them in reality.

I should have done something simple like some travel backpack that always seems to sell for $200 each and get over a million in funding
Thank GAWD you didn't otherwise we'll be again swamped with MORE junk that isn't worth buying anymore. Keep the faith despite walking into the Valley of Death - known as OCN .

There are still those that value your progress and want something to finally appear at Max Gaming soon...... we want that above all else.

Last edited by Elrick; 11-10-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 04:55 PM
lololol

Rep: 370 (Unique: 153)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nilizum View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Seems i made an assumption. There was a post about jitter/ripple here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-....html#user_vii and I seem to have confused 'smoothing' with ripple tolerance or whatever that guy said. Then again, that post is from 2012.

All I know is i have a dirty assed pad, on an uneven surface, living in an area with a lot of dust, yet my mouse does not jitter like an Abyssus (moves smooth like a baby's butt). Is there not some sort of processing to ascertain that? Sounded to me like smoothing, but apparently that ain't it.

That's where I got my (bad) idea. I feel like smoothing in mice terminology means like 10 different things, or maybe I'm just dumb.
yea we've learned a lot of things since 2012

dust/dirty mousepad shouldnt affect tracking unless there is a lot of dust on the sensor lens.

see OP of https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...topics/1554228

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
post #2463 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 05:03 PM
lololol

Rep: 370 (Unique: 153)
Quote: Originally Posted by RyuKobs View Post
I have been reading up on this please correct me if I am wrong, a foot around the sensor helps keep the mousepad from flexing close towards the sensor when mouse is pressed down improving tracking performance.

If so, @bst should try to put one or keep enough space around the sensor so users can do it themselves.
yup. in particular not having one means that the sensitivity increases if you press on the mouse and use a soft pad (this is unavoidable when you swipe left and right in any fps game)

if the main feet are large enough, it's not really an issue.

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond

Last edited by qsxcv; 11-10-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2464 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 04:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
@bst any updates on when we can expect FCC/CE certification to be done?
post #2465 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 06:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
@bst , I don't know if you keep up with the zaunkoenig discord but they found a bug in usb_mouse.c all you have to do is grab the latest file from the github( and edit it for 5 button support)

IPS.Blue there is a bug in da mouse
https://github.com/zaunkoenig-firmwa...b_mouse.c#L199
I don't know HOW it will fail, but for sure it will fail with that setting when you boot into bios
see usb HID 1.11 appendix B
basically, 16 bit values are being used for movement which the appendix b says it can't use (since it's defined as 8 bit values)
probably need an additional configuration to support that properly
also not sure if it's intentional but there's actually 1 bit on the logical and physical minimum which is not hit
can go to -32768 not just -32767

edit never mind, i used diff to compare the two files and there's no difference. must have been a miscommunication.

Last edited by gipetto; 12-02-2019 at 04:03 AM.
post #2466 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 11:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi BST. What is the size of the PCB for the smaller version of the Astrum? Also would you be making a 3D print model that has a similar shape to the M1K or the Rat 1 (without the palm rest and base)? And are the supports, for attaching parts of the shape shells, removable?
post #2467 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 02:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
@bst - any plans to ever actually update the Indiegogo page? This project is now running nearly A YEAR LATE and we haven't heard so much as a peep from you in OVER FIVE MONTHS. We put our trust and our money into this project and you are taking the whole community and their generosity for granted. There would be no mouse project without your backers so please do us the incredibly basic courtesy of posting something - ANYTHING - of just letting us know that you are still here and still working and giving some sort of realistic estimate on when you think this might have a chance of going to production.

From looking through here it seems you spent much of the time in which this has been running late continuing to add features and make changes, and while these all might be great, you have literally said nothing at all on Indiegogo to let us know what you are doing or why you are doing it. All we, the backers, know is that the project is incredibly late and you have gone AWOL.

It's a very very bad look, it's incredibly unprofessional, it's a terrible way to treat yourbackers, and a terrible way to run a crowd-funded project or an actual business.
post #2468 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 01:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Freqout View Post
@bst - any plans to ever actually update the Indiegogo page? This project is now running nearly A YEAR LATE and we haven't heard so much as a peep from you in OVER FIVE MONTHS. We put our trust and our money into this project and you are taking the whole community and their generosity for granted. There would be no mouse project without your backers so please do us the incredibly basic courtesy of posting something - ANYTHING - of just letting us know that you are still here and still working and giving some sort of realistic estimate on when you think this might have a chance of going to production.

From looking through here it seems you spent much of the time in which this has been running late continuing to add features and make changes, and while these all might be great, you have literally said nothing at all on Indiegogo to let us know what you are doing or why you are doing it. All we, the backers, know is that the project is incredibly late and you have gone AWOL.

It's a very very bad look, it's incredibly unprofessional, it's a terrible way to treat yourbackers, and a terrible way to run a crowd-funded project or an actual business.
name one feature that was added this year, please
post #2469 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by Freqout View Post

https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post28180894
post #2470 of 2482 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 11:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thats nice. And how about those who does not visit this forum? Even lack of time is not an excuse since he could have just copy-pasted this post to indiegogo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in