New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 263 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #2621 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 08:51 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 174 (Unique: 90)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
@bst could we get a video of the finished sample, something similar to the one you posted before? Just as a cheeky teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6iGet_EECY

DAMN, super nice sound. I would buy that model shown without hesitation whatsoever.

The coloured cable and White shell are a winner. When this gets posted on Max Gaming site, my wallet will be opened in a split second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2622 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 10:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
@bst its good to hear from you again. Was a bit worried something happened to you.

What is the difference between the full firmware and slim firmware?

I didnt think ncov had the same surface tolerance as sars or mers so assumed WHO info was correct. Good to know the factory is taking precautions.
post #2623 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 02:43 AM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 91 (Unique: 50)
Quote: Originally Posted by RyuKobs View Post
@bst its good to hear from you again. Was a bit worried something happened to you.

What is the difference between the full firmware and slim firmware?

I didnt think ncov had the same surface tolerance as sars or mers so assumed WHO info was correct. Good to know the factory is taking precautions.
Actually I realised that if I just turn off the RGB on the full fw, it pretty much is the same as the slim fw, because turning off the RGB means it never runs the RGB code (and that is the main difference). I could slim it down even more, but really its already very efficient. I tested it without RGB and it came out the same, so I think my method of testing is just better these days: https://imgur.com/a/tSj7thD

I can get it to show 12ms faster, but its not as consistent, and I don't really believe it, so I think the more consistent 5ms is the real result, which should put it at about -0.5ms on the click latency chart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2624 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:39 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 32 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
I was going to do one when I get the black knight shell, so I can show both at once. Although, the click are the same as in that video.

Its all good, nice latency, I'll have to test the DPI again because I can't find the results now, I just done a quick latency test and it consistently scored 5ms faster than the Venator. This was with the full-fat firmware, I could maybe improve it with a barebones firmware with minimal code. I remember a while back I done a test and it was faster, but that was a more basic FW, but also I think maybe I've just got better at testing them. I use the bloody PK test, what I do is find a spot where LMB of mouse 1 and RMB of mouse 2 have good contact, then I tap them together about 100 times in a row, quite hard, so theres no advantage given to either mouse. The results are usually very consistent like this so I think its ok: https://imgur.com/a/13cGYVM
Edit: I wish you could export the results from that PK test, then I could make an average from like 1000 clicks, but there doesn't seem to be a way :/ shame.
You can use qsxcv's program (a.exe) for that: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...s-lightly.html

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
post #2625 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:12 PM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 91 (Unique: 50)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
DAMN, super nice sound. I would buy that model shown without hesitation whatsoever.

The coloured cable and White shell are a winner. When this gets posted on Max Gaming site, my wallet will be opened in a split second.
That one is actually the grey rubber one, but I suppose it does look like white in a dark light. The cord is normally black, that cable is just a spare one the factory had, its a finalmouse cable. The factory said they don't want to make different coloured cables, I think they would if I had 1000 of each colour, but I don't. I would really love to use different coloured cables for each colour of mouse, because I agree with you it looks much nicer, but they are quite against it, I suppose I could have another go at asking them.

Quote: Originally Posted by cdcd View Post
You can use qsxcv's program (a.exe) for that: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...s-lightly.html
Thanks, thats much better I tried it with 172 clicks, loaded them into excel and got an average of 5.64ms in favour of the Astrum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip venast.zip (8.1 KB, 22 views)
post #2626 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:35 PM
✔️

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Is the secret feature that you mentioned in a previous update still a thing?

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770k
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
Club3D R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 128gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X Backplate
Cooling
EK-Supremacy Acetal + Nickel
Cooling
5x Scythe Gentlle typhoon 1850rpm
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240
Cooling
EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal + Nickel Full Cover
Cooling
EK ZMT 16/10MM tubing
Cooling
10x EK-CSQ Fitting 10/16mm
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro English 64-bit
Monitor
Acer V233h
Monitor
BenQ XL2430T
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 2
Mouse
Ninox Aurora
Mouse
Roccat Taito King-size 3mm
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360
Audio
Creative Gigaworks T3
Other
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Audio
▲ hide details ▲
post #2627 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:06 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 174 (Unique: 90)
Quote: Originally Posted by bst View Post
I would really love to use different coloured cables for each colour of mouse, because I agree with you it looks much nicer, but they are quite against it, I suppose I could have another go at asking them.
NO, don't do that.

If they have produced the item let them supply it out to all the retailers, so that WE can finally get this mouse. I'm happy with what ever coloured mouse and cable you supply, as long as it performs way above expectations.

That alone will be the most important thing to achieve. The looks will always be extremely superficial and unimportant when it comes to hardcore gaming.
post #2628 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
I agree with elrick, changes would provide no benefit at this point in production. When logitech launched their g502 hero there was no fanfare or scarcity of supply, one mouse replaced the previous overnight. That's the model you should be trying to emulate.

anyway what was the venator click latency? it's not in the table. iirc was it 12ms? so that would put the astrum at 7ms, not the fastest kid on the block but no slouch either.
post #2629 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 27)
venator was +4.5ms ... same as Logitech G Pro ...
Edit:
it's also in the List here https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...-compiled.html

Last edited by Klopfer; 02-14-2020 at 05:32 PM.
post #2630 of 2642 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
that would put the click latency at -0.5ms relative to the ikari. oh i see the venator in it now, couldn't when i wanted to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in