New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells

post #21 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 12:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
This looks lit, beta xx on that WMOish shape from bottom coming with 3360 and most importantly option for a shell that has no holes for side buttons on it is all a man could ask for. Just drop the ugly transformer logo and a possible DPI button and make it 70g like Aurora and there might be finally a reason to use something else than WMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 12:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bst View Post

Astrum has a forward sensor position, so no its not like the venator.
Quote:

Sensor position is the same distance from the rear as the WMO. The front measurement is a bit longer though because the front buttons extend further. But the position relative to the rear is the most meaningful measurement IMO..

So again, an aurora/G1 like shape with a too high sensor position for fingertip or hybrid grip styles. Can't say im surprised. Unfortunate in this case, as i like the idea with the different shapes. Nothing wrong with that sensor position on well... wmo style shapes.

That's one of the very few things Logitech got right with the g pro. (unlike g100s or g3)

post #23 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 01:12 PM
bst
Hardware Rep

Rep: 84 (Unique: 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reptile View Post

So again, an aurora/G1 like shape with a too high sensor position for fingertip or hybrid grip styles. Can't say im surprised. Unfortunate in this case, as i like the idea with the different shapes. Nothing wrong with that sensor position on well... wmo style shapes.

That's one of the very few things Logitech got right with the g pro. (unlike g100s or g3)

Sorry, its hard to please everyone frown.gif

But, if the weight comes out very low, then I might be able to add an adjustable sensor position smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 01:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 79)
I rather have hinged main buttons over adjustable sensor position. Personally, I would place the sensor 1-2mm from the scroll wheel to save weight and give more radius for those who touch the rear of the mouse with their palms.
post #25 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 01:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
What material on the sides?

Really wanted to like Venator but I can't. Even when not playing, that textured glossy plastic is on the brink of slipping out of my hand.
post #26 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
light mouse ok but don't make the mistake of finalmouse with the s1, that's like having a giant hollow rock in your hand (really weird... definetely not comfy)
and whats the length measurement??
post #27 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 08:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:

Sorry, its hard to please everyone frown.gif

But, if the weight comes out very low, then I might be able to add an adjustable sensor position smile.gif

This is something you really should focus on. If not now, then later. You would fill a gap here, because no mouse manufacturer has done this before. IMO sensor position is much more important than all this DPI and pollingrate talking. But to be fair, for people who aim with their whole arm and don't use their wrist much its not that much of a deal, so yes. you can't please everyone if you don't want to make the mouse too expensive. Its already a good step to let people use different shapes with your PCB. You still have my support.

post #28 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 08:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex View Post

I still don't know what this means.. ;/

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #29 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 09:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
its the zowie mico
post #30 of 1893 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
Why no old school Logi clone shapes that nobody seems to create? There are a ton of classic Logitech shapes people are constantly asking for. The shapes presented just look like every other shape already available on the market from other companies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in