Commonly Used Mouse Software/Utilities List - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Commonly Used Mouse Software/Utilities List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 71 (Unique: 47)
Characterization

MouseTester Software Reoloaded: The go-to utility of this subforum for recording and analyzing everything performance-related in a mouse. Encompasses all functionalities found in Enotus (and does all of them better), with "x vs y" plot replacing MSpaint and MouseMovementRecorder for angle-snapping tests and 1x1 count tests respectively.

Screenshots (Click to show)

1x1 tests & angle snapping tests using X vs Y:

Framerate estimate and sensor smoothing tests using xcounts:

Configuration

Povohat's accel driver: Not only useful for setting a consistent accel curve across different games, it also allows you to properly upscale/downscale you mouse CPI system-wide without artifacting or lag, unlike Razer Synapse.

Screenshots (Click to show)

Sweetlow's USB overclocker: For overclocking USB polling rates on 125Hz mice like WMO. Works on BIOS and UEFI with Secure Boot off.

Miscellaneous

A pedantic sensitivity converter that makes the conversion very transparent, unlike most online calculators turning simple arithmetics into some sort of black-box magic and charge a subscription for it.

A/B input lag test: lets you test what input lag differential you are personally capable of consistently detecting. Note that your monitor refresh rate will directly influence your result.
(my record is 25/25 at 10ms on my 120Hz monitor, 25/25 at 15ms on my 60Hz ThinkPad)

Quick-and-dirty webapp for very roughly estimating mouse Hz. Good for quickly testing the mode of operation without having to download Mousetester and such.

Browser Mouse Event Test Page: useful for testing your buttons.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the comfort of a Logitech shape, is inversely proportional to the R&D put into its making.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Retired Moderation

Rep: 313 (Unique: 253)
I've renamed this thread, edited OP down to just a compilation of links. I feel it's worthy of a sticky in mouse section for easy access so it doesn't get buried. One thread for all the links in a centralized place. Thank you for the suggestion daniel0731ex.

The new "Commonly Used Mouse Software/Utilities" will be replacing the sticky "MoustTester Software Reloaded" thread which is included in this list at the top. thumb.gif

Anyone have any suggestions on other mouse software / utilities not listed that is worthy, please make suggestions with links to be considered.

Open discussion, questions, or sharing of experiences using this software is welcome.

CPU
|INTEL i7 4790K [4.6 GHz]
Motherboard
|ASUS Z97 Maximus Formula VII
GPU
|SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 Fury
RAM
|CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 2133
Hard Drive
|PNY CS2211 XLR8 480 [Gaming]
Hard Drive
|WD Velociraptor 1TB [Storage]
Hard Drive
|SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256 [OS]
Power Supply
|SUPERNOVA P2 1000
Monitor
|VIEWSONIC XG 2700 [4K IPS Freesync]
Keyboard
|DUCKY Shine 5 YOTG
Mouse
|LOGITECH G Pro [Modified]
Mouse
|ZOWIE G-SR Dark Gray
Audio
|SENNHEISER HD650
Audio
|SCHIIT Modi 2 Uber
Audio
|SCHIIT Magni
Audio
|BLUE Snow Ball ICE [Black]
Audio
|CORSAIR SP2500
Other
|CORSAIR Obsidian 450D
Other
|CORSAIR H100i
Other
|NOCTUA NF-F14 [2] & NF-A12 [3] Chroma
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 07:50 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
You could consider including the bump test program

https://www.overclock.net/t/1607990/click-latencies-compiled#post_25414694
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Mehehe!

Rep: 86 (Unique: 50)
Not specifically related to mice, but can be useful at times when screwing up drivers in tandem with Device Manager:

USB Deview
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 71 (Unique: 47)
Sorry I'm a little busy these couple days, will get back to updating much more regularly after the weekend!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the comfort of a Logitech shape, is inversely proportional to the R&D put into its making.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 04:50 AM
Mouse lover

Rep: 110 (Unique: 77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Not specifically related to mice, but can be useful at times when screwing up drivers in tandem with Device Manager:

USB Deview
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

I have a tutorial and long lost thread on using this software if you're interested: https://www.overclock.net/t/1597225/usbdeview-remove-dead-mice-drivers
Still works even on windows 10. Great program.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in