new pc mouse movement feels very off. what could be contributing to this? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

new pc mouse movement feels very off. what could be contributing to this?

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
pardon me if this isnt the right forum location to be posting this, if so id appreciate any recommendations for an appropriate forum.

basically I had an msi z170 sli plus with a 6600k and msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x before. I just recently upgraded to an asus z370a prime 8700k asus gtx 1080 strix OC.

ever since I built this new pc aiming in csgo and overwatch has felt so ROYALLY off. it's hard to explain but playing these games as much as I do its pretty easy to tell when something just doesnt feel right. I assumed it was because I was on the FCU windows 10 update as apposed to my old pc which was on v1607. I reformatted and went back to v1607 on my new pc yet the problem still persists.

I'll try to explain the issue as best as I can. It's almost as if my sensitivity in csgo has dropped when in reality is hasnt and ive copied my exact config file over. 2.1 sens @ 400 dpi on my new pc feels like the equivalent to roughly 1.7 @ 400 dpi on my old pc. but its not that it just feels slower- it also like drags downwards in swipes and is just overall really hard to have precise aim with. I know its not just in my head because if I plug my old pc in, everything is fine and snappy and feels great again.

I don't really know what to do and I'm sort of getting pissed I spent this much money to make it all feel EVEN better with more fps but it just feels soooo off.

could it be something in my bios? what hardware interferes with mouse movement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 09:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Are you using r_rawinput 1? In your bios is EHCI Hands-off set to DISABLED?

I had a similar problem. On my old PC (2600k/gtx770) I always used windows 7 but i tried w10 (i don't remember if it was 1607 or the previous version). Everything was fine, the mouse feel was the same but i rolledback to w7 because of some incompatibility with my old soundcard drivers. More than 1 year ago I changed my system (6850k/gtx1080) but i decided to install windows 7. Six months ago i decided to fully switch to w10, but my mouse wasn't the same. The mouse lag was ridiculously bad, especially in games. My sensitivity felt slower and my mouse was not precise and fast when flicking. It was like dragging my crosshair into mud. How did i fix it? I went back to windows 7. I didn't try a previous version of windows 10 because I am done beta testing bad software. Looks like I was right since you didn't fix anything installing the Anniversary Update. I disabled game mode/game bar, I checked the "disable fullscreen optimization" in every .exe etc. everything I did was useless.

I know you have an 8700k, but there should be a way to patch w7 so you can try if the problem still persists.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
Have you disabled "Enhance pointer precision" in the control panel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Disable the c states under cpu power options in your bios this is likely the source of your problem. You also installed all your motherboards drivers from the motherboard supportpage on the makers website right?
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 04:24 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
If possible, try using a different PSU and see of that changes anything. Or a different set of wall sockets.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 05:33 AM
vf-
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badben25 View Post

If possible, try using a different PSU and see of that changes anything. Or a different set of wall sockets.

O_o

Electricity has a better glow?
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 06:55 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 36 (Unique: 33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vf- View Post

O_o

Electricity has a better glow?
Not enough voltage can result in funky cursor movements afaik.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 21 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post

Not sure about that but i think it's the PSU's job to provide sufficient voltage otherwise he would have worse problems than mouse cursor movement.

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 AM
vf-
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post

Most gamers into this stuff aren’t going to buy mediocre power supplies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaGOD View Post

Not sure about that but i think it's the PSU's job to provide sufficient voltage otherwise he would have worse problems than mouse cursor movement.

Exactly, considering a phone requires 5v on the USB to charge? A mouse aint going to use that power.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Make sure you have xbox dvr disabled. This is standard practice now for everyone here. I cant remember if M$ got the message and disabled it by default on the late FCU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in