Mousepad Slower Than G-SR? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mousepad Slower Than G-SR?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
MattKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 147
Rep: 0
Hello,

I'm sorry to start a new thread for this, but I've looked everywhere and have yet to find an answer (perhaps there isn't one, haha). I'm looking for a mousepad that offers even more control than the Zowie G-SR. In a perfect world, I would prefer an uncoated pad (the QcK Heavy & Gigantus Team Razer Edition come to mind) but unfortunately neither of these pads are as slow as the G-SR (at least, from what I've researched). I've used the QcK Heavy for many years (both the older and newer versions) so I can confirm that this much is true. However, I've never tested the Gigantus Team Razer Edition myself, so my conclusion that it is faster than the G-SR comes strictly from the perspective of others.

If anyone can suggest a pad slower than the G-SR, I'd love to hear it! So far I've only read: "The G-SR is by far the slowest pad I've owned."
MattKelly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
 
Alya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Anne Arundel, Maryland
Posts: 2,070
Rep: 62 (Unique: 39)
The reason the G-SR is so slow for me is because of the high initial friction, but when moving the mouse, it's faster than the Gigantus or QcK+ in my experience. I just have a really hard time getting the mouse to move, it seems to "stick" in place.

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."
Alya is offline  
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 04:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
dlul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 28
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Dont worry it will get slower and slower with time. Just keep it for a year or 2, eat and drink in front of your computer. Mine got so slow that it took me 3 days to adjust when I bought a new qck heavy...
dlul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
MattKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 147
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

The reason the G-SR is so slow for me is because of the high initial friction, but when moving the mouse, it's faster than the Gigantus or QcK+ in my experience. I just have a really hard time getting the mouse to move, it seems to "stick" in place.

Testing the G-SR vs. my old QcK Heavy (7 years!) and my new QcK Heavy (a couple of months + a machine wash) the G-SR is still slower in its dynamic friction (as well as its static friction, of course). I don't mind the high static friction - in fact I quite like it - because it allows my flicks to stop more precisely. I never feel like the starting resistance is high enough that it could affect micro-adjustments (I've competed on sensitivities between 20cm/360 and 60cm/360). So for me, the slower and more controlled a pad is, the better. If there's something even slower than the G-SR, I'd really love to know... but alas, I have yet to find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlul View Post

Dont worry it will get slower and slower with time. Just keep it for a year or 2, eat and drink in front of your computer. Mine got so slow that it took me 3 days to adjust when I bought a new qck heavy...

Yeah, my 7 year old QcK Heavy is significantly slower than my new one. The G-SR is still slower than the 7 year old Heavy, though. Know of anything slower than a G-SR? smile.gif
MattKelly is offline  
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Capsaicin Addict
 
James N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 618
Rep: 31 (Unique: 23)
If you want something even slower than a 7 year old QCK , you might want to look into modifying your mousefeet. Cut them slightly smaller with a box cutter so the corners are not rounded. That will increase the friction by a lot. Or try getting some of those horrible first batch Scream 1 or Nixeus Revel mousefeet tongue.gif
James N is offline  
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
munchzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,846
Rep: 57 (Unique: 50)
there's also the "blend of material" Puretrak mouse feet, they were so slow on my pads... tongue.gif

I think they are the Original on their website.
munchzilla is offline  
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
MattKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 147
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N View Post

If you want something even slower than a 7 year old QCK , you might want to look into modifying your mousefeet. Cut them slightly smaller with a box cutter so the corners are not rounded. That will increase the friction by a lot. Or try getting some of those horrible first batch Scream 1 or Nixeus Revel mousefeet tongue.gif

Haha, been there done that. I don't want sharp/scratchy feet by any means. My favorite are actually the stock Zowie feet. I'm really bummed that the updated Zowie mice will have 4 smaller feet, because I prefer the slower glide of their old large feet. I'm anxiously awaiting the updated ZA13, and whenever it comes out, I'm curious if I'll be able to place the PCB into the old ZA13 bottom shell, just so I can use the larger feet biggrin.gif

I read that the Cougar Control pad is quite a bit slower than most other pads, but it's texture seems very odd and it has a ton of "waterproof coating" all over it. I'd prefer uncoated cloth. I'm guessing the Gigantus Team Razer Edition is going to be the highest friction uncoated pad? Perhaps @ncck can chime in here wave2.gif
MattKelly is offline  
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Eh, Wha?
 
Zero4549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,886
Rep: 719 (Unique: 531)
I'm really loving my cougar control (original not 2) pad. there's like no static friction "stickyness" but its also a very slow and controlled glide. Like the razer mantis / goliathus control, but with even more exaggerated features.

Added bonus, it isn't butt ugly like most modern pads with weird graphics all over them, and doesn't have a ****ty stitched/coated edge that feels like poop on the wrist and screws up mouse control when near the edges.

Systems: Fukurou | Prodigy | Tempest | ArcaneServers: Minecraft SMP | Logs: Build Log - Arcane | Video Logs: Project Arcane
Quote:Originally Posted by Zen00 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gifZero, you are a master story teller, I am sleep now. http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
Sanctum
(9 items)
Fukurou
(14 items)
CPU
Core i7 980x
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI DUKE
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning
RAM
Kingston HyperX T1
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black FASS
Hard Drive
Plextor M5S
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Hard Drive
WD FALS
Optical Drive
Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Optical Drive
LG Bluray + HDDVD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 P2
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 360
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 240
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Monitor
X-Star DP2710
Monitor
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Keyboard
X-Armor U9BL (Mech)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
Cougar Control
Audio
ATH-A900X
Audio
Maudio AV-40
Audio
Polk PSW-10
Audio
Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic)
Audio
Sound Blaster X7 LE
Other
Logitech G13
Other
Wacom Intuos 3
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Controllers
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS
Other
Rocketfish 720p Webcam
Other
Scythe "3-Foot Switch"
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
RX Vega 64
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Consatellation
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1050
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Core i5-661
Motherboard
GA-H55-USB3
RAM
12GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB
Hard Drive
Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD)
Optical Drive
Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner
Power Supply
Seasonic X750 Gold
Cooling
H50 (With push/pull nocturas)
Case
CM690 II
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Monitor
LG 47inch LED LCD
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless
Audio
Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp.
▲ hide details ▲


Zero4549 is online now  
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
MattKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 147
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

there's also the "blend of material" Puretrak mouse feet, they were so slow on my pads... tongue.gif

I think they are the Original on their website.

I may end up ordering a DM3 Mini soon, so if I do, I'll definitely take a look at those feet for the Kinzu. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

I'm really loving my cougar control (original not 2) pad. there's like no static friction "stickyness" but its also a very slow and controlled glide. Like the razer mantis / goliathus control, but with even more exaggerated features.

Added bonus, it isn't butt ugly like most modern pads with weird graphics all over them, and doesn't have a ****ty stitched/coated edge that feels like poop on the wrist and screws up mouse control when near the edges.

Whoo, finally someone who has used the Cougar Control. Thanks for the response! When you say "no static friction stickiness", does that mean it's harder to stop on? I actually don't mind the G-SR's higher-than-normal static friction, because I feel like it makes flicks quite a bit easier. Would you say the Cougar Control is the highest friction pad that you know of? Also, do you happen to know the difference in glide between the original Control and the Control 2? Both are still being sold by Cougar. Thanks again!
MattKelly is offline  
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
MattKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 147
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

there's also the "blend of material" Puretrak mouse feet, they were so slow on my pads... tongue.gif

I think they are the Original on their website.

Also, since I know you have a ton of pads, do you have any suggestions on something slower than the G-SR?
MattKelly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off