BenQ/Zowie G-TFX allegedly with flat package. - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

BenQ/Zowie G-TFX allegedly with flat package.

post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 08:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Found it in the Flat package at Fry's (North Texas), unfortunately it was a bit to fast for me, time to try a GSR-SE, I hear its faster than a GSR but slower than the TFX series

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpurplehawk View Post
Found it in the Flat package at Fry's (North Texas), unfortunately it was a bit to fast for me, time to try a GSR-SE, I hear its faster than a GSR but slower than the TFX series
True. I don't much care for the surface, though. The SE has that weird plastic film feeling. Ehhh...

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Avalar; 01-29-2019 at 11:09 AM.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
True. I don't much care for the surface, though. Has that weird plastic film feeling. Ehhh...
I agree, its a bit odd but more options aren't a bad thing. I ended up returning it and ordering one of the Divina mats (and 2 new mice )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by detto87 View Post
Yes, today. It’s like the original one. Quickest cloth pad if Artisan wouldn’t exist but still controllable. I like to compare it to a Artisan Zero MID in terms of performance behavior. Similar speed and stopping power imo. Gtfx feels more sturdy and pleasant though. Well, if you don’t bend it with the top inside. But don’t do that with any pad.
Interesting that you say the GTFX feels "more sturdy and pleasant"... I thought Artisan pads were some of the best quality? So would you say you prefer the GTFX over the Artisan Zero? Also which other Artisan pads have you tried?

True. I don't much care for the surface, though. The SE has that weird plastic film feeling. Ehhh...
Avalar, from reading the Artisan thread, I know you've tried a bunch of Artisan pads. In your opinion, would you also say that the Artisan Zero is the one that feels closest to the Zowie GTFX? If not, which would you say is closest to the GTFX? No disrespect to detto's opinion, of course, just wanting additional input.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzybass View Post
Interesting that you say the GTFX feels "more sturdy and pleasant"... I thought Artisan pads were some of the best quality? So would you say you prefer the GTFX over the Artisan Zero? Also which other Artisan pads have you tried?

Avalar, from reading the Artisan thread, I know you've tried a bunch of Artisan pads. In your opinion, would you also say that the Artisan Zero is the one that feels closest to the Zowie GTFX? If not, which would you say is closest to the GTFX? No disrespect to detto's opinion, of course, just wanting additional input.
Closest feeling would be the Hien. Both the GTFX and the Hien have that "bumpy plastic" texture to them, but the Hien's surface is much more course, and also faster, than the GTFX.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hayate Otsu MID is like a cousin to the GTFX.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
Hm I would say the Kou is the closest to the GTF-X. Without owning one I cannot guarantee it though. But take a good look at the image on Artisans page and compare it with one from GTFX. The surface looks identical. HIEN is way bumpier. Don’t know the Otsu.

I don’t really know what led me to say that the Zowie pad is higher quality. 😄
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Alright, thanks guys for the input! Looks like I'll be leaning towards the Otsu, since I think something being rougher and faster than the GTFX (the Hien) might be a little too much. Sorry for temporarily hi-jacking this thread - please continue with the GTFX discussion!
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 04:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by detto87 View Post
Hm I would say the Kou is the closest to the GTF-X. Without owning one I cannot guarantee it though. But take a good look at the image on Artisans page and compare it with one from GTFX. The surface looks identical. HIEN is way bumpier. Don’t know the Otsu.

I don’t really know what led me to say that the Zowie pad is higher quality. 😄
Forgot about the Kou. Its texture is actually closer to the GTFX iirc, but has that uneven glide problem.

CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 05:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Necro
If its still as difficult for you to get it flat as it is over here, buy it then just RMA your rolled pad for a flat one. It's ****ed but its the only proper way to get a hold of one.

Forgot about the Kou. Its texture is actually closer to the GTFX iirc, but has that uneven glide problem.
Hien mid is the closest to the gtfx in terms of speed/performance with soft being a bit slower.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in