New Artisan FX series - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Artisan FX series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 02:53 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Argowashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 544
Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Excinase View Post
Sounds good. Btw, have you ever had artisan zero? If so, how does it compare to hayate kou? I had zero before and absolutely hated it because of how rough it was to my skin.
I haven't no. The only Artisan pads I have had or currently own are Hayate, Hayate Otsu, Hayate Kou, and Raiden. If you did hate how rough the Zero was you could definitely give the Kou a try. It's seriously one of the smoothest mousepads I've ever had, it's really nice against your skin.
Argowashi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Excinase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 37
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post
I haven't no. The only Artisan pads I have had or currently own are Hayate, Hayate Otsu, Hayate Kou, and Raiden. If you did hate how rough the Zero was you could definitely give the Kou a try. It's seriously one of the smoothest mousepads I've ever had, it's really nice against your skin.
Thanks a lot for the information. It's already on the way to me, can't wait!
Excinase is offline  
post #13 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:24 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Argowashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 544
Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Excinase View Post
Thanks a lot for the information. It's already on the way to me, can't wait!
Awesome, look forward to it! Like I've said over and over, the Hayate Kou is by far and away the best mousepad I've ever had. It didn't magically make me aim better or anything, it just feels better you know. Also the shipping time from Japan is surprisingly fast so you should have it soon. Which size and hardness did you get?
Argowashi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Excinase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 37
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post
Awesome, look forward to it! Like I've said over and over, the Hayate Kou is by far and away the best mousepad I've ever had. It didn't magically make me aim better or anything, it just feels better you know. Also the shipping time from Japan is surprisingly fast so you should have it soon. Which size and hardness did you get?
Thanks! XSoft and XL (too much X's, lol), mid was too firm for me on my zero.
Excinase is offline  
post #15 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:33 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Argowashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 544
Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Excinase View Post
Thanks! XSoft and XL (too much X's, lol), mid was too firm for me on my zero.
Perfect combo. In 2 years I bet Artisan will be releasing the Hayate XxX420leetsniperXxX in XXL size. Though I'm actually thinking of ordering a XSoft Raiden XL when they are in stock since now that I've tried the normal Soft, I'm wondering just how much more comfortable the XSoft is. When you get your mousepad make sure to tell us all about it!
Argowashi is offline  
post #16 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:43 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Excinase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 37
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post
Perfect combo. In 2 years I bet Artisan will be releasing the Hayate XxX420leetsniperXxX in XXL size. Though I'm actually thinking of ordering a XSoft Raiden XL when they are in stock since now that I've tried the normal Soft, I'm wondering just how much more comfortable the XSoft is. When you get your mousepad make sure to tell us all about it!
I definitely will! As for raiden, I wanted to get it initially but then found out that it's got some tracking issues (even on 3360 sometimes) so I went for new hayate, hoping that it's not as harsh as zero. Hope you will enjoy your XSoft Raiden XL if you decide to get it!
Excinase is offline  
post #17 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:49 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Argowashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 544
Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Excinase View Post
I definitely will! As for raiden, I wanted to get it initially but then found out that it's got some tracking issues (even on 3360 sometimes) so I went for new hayate, hoping that it's not as harsh as zero. Hope you will enjoy your XSoft Raiden XL if you decide to get it!
Interesting about that tracking issues. That'd mess me up for sure in Osu but I'm still wanting to try it out. Still, the more people we have that try out different Artisan pads the better knowledge we will have of them all. The only real "guide" we have is the old one from years ago.
Argowashi is offline  
post #18 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
IceAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 148
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Been using an Otsu xsoft for a few months, and I've decided to pull the trigger on the Kou, because (1) I really want the XL size, and (2) I think I'd appreciate a smoother surface.

I'd been using a QCK Heavy for 2 years prior, and I always wanted a little bit more control. The Otsu definitely has that, but it's too small and a little rough (you get used to it, but the QCK texture is just nicer).

If the Kou is a smoother-textured version of the Otsu, then it's exactly what I want! Going with the soft as well--I think it will be better with the smaller mouse feet of my gPro.
IceAero is offline  
post #19 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Johan450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 214
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
is the soft hardness comparable to the tfx/sr foam s?

Looking for a "fast" clothpad and seems like the otsu is way to go? Maybe Raiden/Shidenkai? I can't say I'm a "hardcore user" anymore as I usually only get around to play 1-2 games of dota or starcraft in the evening during the weekdays.

Also Ideally I'd like it to last/feel consistent for at least 3-4 months.

They really have way too many options HELP
Johan450 is offline  
post #20 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
IceAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 148
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Johan450 View Post
is the soft hardness comparable to the tfx/sr foam s?

Looking for a "fast" clothpad and seems like the otsu is way to go? Maybe Raiden/Shidenkai? I can't say I'm a "hardcore user" anymore as I usually only get around to play 1-2 games of dota or starcraft in the evening during the weekdays.

Also Ideally I'd like it to last/feel consistent for at least 3-4 months.

They really have way too many options HELP
They do have many options, especially if you want really low friction.

Personally, my QCK heavy (which is a bit faster than a standard QCK), had too little control. The glide was nice, but stopping power was lacking.

That said, the Otsu feels just as fast as the QCK heavy, with a little rougher glide, and a little more stopping power. It's a great combination. If you want something as fast as a true hardpad, then there are options, but I haven't used a hard pad in 10 years, so I don't know what to recommend

As for the foam. I have a G-SR at work, so I can compare. The xsoft is noticeably softer than my G-SR, and a bit softer than my QCK heavy. This is why I went with the 'soft' this time around. I think it depends more on your mouse feet...if you have small mouse feet, then the xsoft might be too soft--I think it is for me.

EDIT: Also the softness depends on how you hold your mouse. Personally, I rest very little weight on my mouse because my hands are huge (all my hand's weight is on my wrist) and (2) I use a fingertip grip. With that, I feel that the xsoft is too soft for me because I feel my hand compress the pad too much.

IceAero is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off