New Artisan FX series - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Artisan FX series

post #21 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
They do have many options, especially if you want really low friction.

Personally, my QCK heavy (which is a bit faster than a standard QCK), had too little control. The glide was nice, but stopping power was lacking.

That said, the Otsu feels just as fast as the QCK heavy, with a little rougher glide, and a little more stopping power. It's a great combination. If you want something as fast as a true hardpad, then there are options, but I haven't used a hard pad in 10 years, so I don't know what to recommend

As for the foam. I have a G-SR at work, so I can compare. The xsoft is noticeably softer than my G-SR, and a bit softer than my QCK heavy. This is why I went with the 'soft' this time around. I think it depends more on your mouse feet...if you have small mouse feet, then the xsoft might be too soft--I think it is for me.

EDIT: Also the softness depends on how you hold your mouse. Personally, I rest very little weight on my mouse because my hands are huge (all my hand's weight is on my wrist) and (2) I use a fingertip grip. With that, I feel that the xsoft is too soft for me because I feel my hand compress the pad too much.
Thanks for the input. Managed to talk me out of getting Xsoft atleast Now do I want mid or soft?

I'm using a p-tfx currently so I can't say I'd mind a rough pad. Nor do I have a problem with stopping power as I've never really played games that require me to make large sweeps besides the month long run right after OW release.

Maybe I'll just go with the kou to try something new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by dulteX View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between XSoft, Soft, and Mid? I want to try the new Hayate Kou but it’s sold out in Mid but they still have soft. Is it worth waiting for Mid to be back in stock?
Wanted to add to what Argowashi already explained, keep in mind that the softness will impact a bit the speed of your movement (harder faster, softer slower).
Like him, i also prefer their xsoft and soft, when you press your fingers against the pad it gives a nice control feeling.
post #23 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:59 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
Been using an Otsu xsoft for a few months, and I've decided to pull the trigger on the Kou, because (1) I really want the XL size, and (2) I think I'd appreciate a smoother surface.

I'd been using a QCK Heavy for 2 years prior, and I always wanted a little bit more control. The Otsu definitely has that, but it's too small and a little rough (you get used to it, but the QCK texture is just nicer).

If the Kou is a smoother-textured version of the Otsu, then it's exactly what I want! Going with the soft as well--I think it will be better with the smaller mouse feet of my gPro.
Good choice, the Soft is generally the all-around best choice from what I've seen in the past however there's nothing inherently wrong with the XSoft or Mid either.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johan450 View Post
is the soft hardness comparable to the tfx/sr foam s?

Looking for a "fast" clothpad and seems like the otsu is way to go? Maybe Raiden/Shidenkai? I can't say I'm a "hardcore user" anymore as I usually only get around to play 1-2 games of dota or starcraft in the evening during the weekdays.

Also Ideally I'd like it to last/feel consistent for at least 3-4 months.

They really have way too many options HELP
The Zowie G-SR feels like a hardpad in comparison to my Soft Hayate Kou. It's just so stiff and hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:36 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 38 (Unique: 30)
Sensor-wise, pressing the mouse in the pad is not the best idea.
Specially with a 336x or any other sensor with specular lens.
If you press down a lot on a soft backed pad, make sure you at least have the sensor feet on.
The cursor will still shift upwords, plus closer distance to the surface raises cpi slightly on any sensor.
post #25 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:33 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Honestly it's not a problem. Even if you press down hard on the Soft Hayate Kou, the tracking is still perfect with my G403.
post #26 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
What is the FX series really? Their english website is really lackluster. I hope they share some more detailed information for us oversea people. Also, there is a RM series coming in April. What's that all about?
post #27 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Stitched edges, XL size and improved rubber base. Also the Hayate Kou.
post #28 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 01:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post
Stitched edges, XL size and improved rubber base. Also the Hayate Kou.
Stitched edges isn’t really an improvement in my book. And the base? They always praised their base and now it isn’t good enough anymore? Hm. XL size is nice though and loooooooooong overdue.

Never was a fan of the Hayate Otsu. The original Hayate was nice but lost its finesse quickly because of dust problems. Is the Kou more like the original (and without dust problems) or is it more like the Otsu?

Any Infos regarding their RM series?
post #29 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Linux Lobbyist

I posted a review earlier that goes over everything.

The RM series is a cheap budget lineup.
post #30 of 901 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 08:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Sensor-wise, pressing the mouse in the pad is not the best idea.
Specially with a 336x or any other sensor with specular lens.
If you press down a lot on a soft backed pad, make sure you at least have the sensor feet on.
The cursor will still shift upwords, plus closer distance to the surface raises cpi slightly on any sensor.
I don't think it's good idea to press down hard on mousepad for health reasons. You'll be keeping almost your whole arm tensed all the way to your shoulder.

This is just my opinion, but if you need to press down hard on your mousepad while playing... it means that your sensitivity is either too high or your mousepad doesn't have enough stopping power.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in