New Artisan FX series - Page 87 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Artisan FX series

post #861 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 50)
99% sure it will spin out since it's a 3360. it won't happen as often as with 3310 but it will likely happen- to me it was like once a week or so if I were to guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
how do you clean dust particles stuck in the fx zero? i tried using a lint roller and washing with water and mild soap. these don't work at all.. this thing is such a dust magnet.
post #863 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by wukongje View Post
I hope this bump isn't against forum rules, but is anyone able to confirm if the Zowie S2 mouse spins out on the Artisan Raiden? The Raiden seems to be perfect for me but I'm just very, very put off by the constant spinout reports. Also, anyone know if there's any difference between the Classic and Ninja FX variants of the Raiden mousepad? Based off of their website, there doesn't seem to be any differences at all!

Ninja FX: https://www.artisan-jp.com/fx-raiden-eng.html
Classic: https://www.artisan-jp.com/cs-raiden-eng.html
100% sure your s2 will spin out on the raiden. i've tried the following on my raiden and they all spin out: ec2-b, ec2-b divina, g pro 3366, g403, kpoe 3360, g305 (stock feet). g305 stopped spinning out when i replaced the stock feet with tiger arc mouse feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #864 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
I hope this bump isn't against forum rules, but is anyone able to confirm if the Zowie S2 mouse spins out on the Artisan Raiden? The Raiden seems to be perfect for me but I'm just very, very put off by the constant spinout reports. Also, anyone know if there's any difference between the Classic and Ninja FX variants of the Raiden mousepad? Based off of their website, there doesn't seem to be any differences at all!

Ninja FX: https://www.artisan-jp.com/fx-raiden-eng.html
Classic: https://www.artisan-jp.com/cs-raiden-eng.html
Can confirm S2 spins out on Raiden, quite easily actually.

mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
mousepad: ASUS ROG Scabbard
keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
monitor: Alienware AW2518HF
headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 S
post #865 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by konstanz View Post
100% sure your s2 will spin out on the raiden. i've tried the following on my raiden and they all spin out: ec2-b, ec2-b divina, g pro 3366, g403, kpoe 3360, g305 (stock feet). g305 stopped spinning out when i replaced the stock feet with tiger arc mouse feet.
Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
99% sure it will spin out since it's a 3360. it won't happen as often as with 3310 but it will likely happen- to me it was like once a week or so if I were to guess
Quote: Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post
Can confirm S2 spins out on Raiden, quite easily actually.
ouch lol
i'm putting hyperglides on it soon, and a guy on reddit confirmed to me that it made it even worse :X it seems like the hayate otsu or the hien would be my best bet if i wanted a fast, durable pad - but i'm again put off by the horizontal and vertical differences. which of the two pads' x+y differences are negligible, i.e. not as big of a deal as people are portraying it as? i currently use the glorious pad, and to me it doesn't feel like it has a negatively impacting x+y difference, if any. also, does the hardness of the pad affect the severity of x+y differences? if so, which one makes it the least problematic? i would assume soft or mid because they're faster than xsoft, but again i don't have any first hand experience haha
post #866 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

ouch lol
i'm putting hyperglides on it soon, and a guy on reddit confirmed to me that it made it even worse :X it seems like the hayate otsu or the hien would be my best bet if i wanted a fast, durable pad - but i'm again put off by the horizontal and vertical differences. which of the two pads' x+y differences are negligible, i.e. not as big of a deal as people are portraying it as? i currently use the glorious pad, and to me it doesn't feel like it has a negatively impacting x+y difference, if any. also, does the hardness of the pad affect the severity of x+y differences? if so, which one makes it the least problematic? i would assume soft or mid because they're faster than xsoft, but again i don't have any first hand experience haha

I haven't use the newer Hein only the original, but I know someone who does and I trust his opinion.
He says that you won't really notice the differences while in game and that instead it actually helps with better controlling.
I don't know if hardness would make much a differences, but I guess going XSOFT would allow you to push down on the pad.

I've tried the original Hayate and the hein, and hayate was the real differences in X/Y speed.
Made it impossible to do **** on games like CSGO when spray controlling.
post #867 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 37 (Unique: 29)
Quote: Originally Posted by ObviouslyRacist View Post
I haven't use the newer Hein only the original, but I know someone who does and I trust his opinion.
He says that you won't really notice the differences while in game and that instead it actually helps with better controlling.
I don't know if hardness would make much a differences, but I guess going XSOFT would allow you to push down on the pad.

I've tried the original Hayate and the hein, and hayate was the real differences in X/Y speed.
Made it impossible to do **** on games like CSGO when spray controlling.
Softer pads have better stopping. Too soft and a 336x not good cuz specular lens. Out.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
post #868 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Softer pads have better stopping. Too soft and a 336x not good cuz specular lens. Out.
so I should only be getting soft or mid if i'm using a 336x sensor? interesting
post #869 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
I personally own Shidenkai FX XSOFT, Hayate Otsu XSOFT, Hayate SOFT, Hein MID, Zero XSOFT and Raiden FX XSOFT, and I've never had sensor problems using my GPro.
I did have tons of problems with original hayate and EC1a, but not with Hayate Otsu.

I had problem with the Hayate Otsu and rival 300, but I knew what caused it so I never had it spun on me unless intentionally.

edit: I just looked and I have a shidenkai mid as well

Last edited by ObviouslyRacist; 04-15-2019 at 06:11 PM.
post #870 of 871 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
I've been using the Shiden-kai FX XSoft recently, and it's probably my favourite mouse pad to date.

The XY movement feels exactly the same, and it's not some frictionless surface as others have indicated.
Its slower than hard plastic pads.

The initial to constant movements all feel the same to me.
This is the main reason I love this pad so much.

Using it on Air58 hyperglides, and it's very controllable.

I just hope it lasts about 6+ months before having to replace it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in